AMPM SYSTEMS

AMPM SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Featured review
AMPM SYSTEMS selected this as a representative review
I was with AMPM for several years and have enjoyed working here. Management is very good at providing the necessary items and knowledge to be effective in any position.
Management is a complete trainwreck.
I have had the opportunity to experience many interesting jobs in my life and that's what I thought this would be. I worked there less than a year and the combination of crazy vehicle wear and tear costs and ignorant management that supply no training, only verbal abuse, was enough to finally quit. A very toxic and stressful work environment. Head office offered zero help. Stay away
great place to work
i Loved working her. The staff is smart and knowldge about what you need to succeeded. THey are always willing to help by phone or in person. Managment is kind and understanding on errors.
Terrible toxic working environment
I worked there about 20 years ago so keep this in mind.... This place was worst than most of the fast food type jobs I worked while going to school. This was my first IT job out of school. It was terrible.
* Low pay, near min wage.

* Toxic abusive management

* while I am not LGBT myself encountered very redneck staff who were anti LGBT

* no more at all for advancement

Overall by far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Very cheap company, never look after their employees
I have worked almost 5 years there and did not receive any increase in my salary. They layoff me without any notice and did not pay me for 4 weeks pay. I have register a complaint in employment standards and then got 4 weeks pay after one year.
Great place for experience
Worked at AM/PM for almost 3 years. Small company, CEO made it feel like a family. Very friendly and helpful management. Great job for experience to further advancement. One on one training. Friendly/Fun work environment.
No training
They gave Me 12 hours of training and expected me to know what I was doing. The training was spent mostly on data entry into spreadsheets.

She had barely touched on the system. She didn't give me pathways to find things and didn't tell me about the many other tasks that would need to be done.

They let me go because it wasn't a good fit. Would've been great with some training.
6 September 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate your candor. We are sorry that this position didn’t work out for both parties as it does happen from time to time. We certainly hope that you find a better fit with your next opportunity and we wish you all the best in your next endeavor.
Good Workplace with helpful staff
Good experience with the challnaing work environment.

Lots of new things to learn every single day.

Lots of overnight installations but definitely worth it.
Pros
Company Gas Card and fun driving
Cons
Tuff support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMPM SYSTEMS?
Avoid working here if at all posible
This company violates labor laws, most noticeably overtime.
there is no work life balance.

They would work you to death if the could

very high turn over as no one stays for long
Pros
non
3 June 2019
We appreciate your review and I apologize for the issues that you are currently experiencing. I see that you are a current team member with us, if this is the case, may I suggest to bring such this issue up with your direct supervisor. I realize this may be difficult to some, but I hope our Open Door Policy culture encourages you to bring this up so we can properly investigate your situation. We want to help you get to the bottom of this and hope that you bring this matter up to your supervisor soon. Thank you for sharing.
Don't waste your time.
Terrible HR, looking for someone willing to do all their work for pennies, without asking questions. This is not a place I'll ever consider a 2nd time.
Cons
Recruiters want cheap, not experienced.
6 September 2019
I apologize that you felt that way during your interview with us as it is certainly not our intentions; in fact quite the opposite. As a company, we take the review of compensation packages quite seriously as it is reviewed annually to ensure that we are offering competitive wages to all candidates and team members. These packages are based on data for a specific position that includes factors like region, industry, company size etc. I want to thank you for taking the time to apply for our job opportunity and I hope that you will someday consider us again in the future.
I will mostly have to take this company to the labour board
They have little to no concern for the employees , refuse to pay for overtime that is mandatory, as do not have enough staff as they have very high turn over
Pros
Cons
long hours poor working conditions
6 September 2019
We appreciate your insight. You are correct that overtime is mandatory under labour laws; therefore, our team members are paid overtime. We certainly have higher volume areas at time which is the natural ebb and flow of our industry. During these times, we rely on key team members to assist in the increased workload which can benefit our team members with increase wages via overtime. All of our departments make an effort to adjust staffing levels accordingly to manage stress and workloads as best as we can. It is simply the nature of our business and many businesses like ours. We thank you for your feedback and I hope that this is an appropriate response to your comments.
Family owned company that doesn't care about their employees
Stay away. Management is an absolute mess. They treat their travelling employees like garbage. They don't value your personal time.

Normally a per diem is provided for travel, but they negotiated a deal with a customer to force one of my colleagues to forgo the per diem and eat at the customer's restaurant for every meal for a week. This is unethical. AM/PM should have covered the per diem themselves, but they only care about profit.

Rotating on-call shifts are mandatory for tech support workers, and the pay is abysmal.
Avoid if you can
I guess if you have almost no experience you might learn a few things but otherwise if you have some knowledge and are somewhat professional this place is to be severely avoided
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Dead end...unprofessional... they don't even provide morning and afternoon breaks
If you don't mind working for free this is a great job
Company policy is that you get an advance on your salary after 7 years.

The owners are cheap and you have to have your own tools, but that's with most jobs.

The company was great to work for until around 2014. I worked there 9 years.

You are frequently worked pst your end time and you have to fight to get overtime even for something like 15 minutes.
Pros
Fuel Card
Cons
Lots of driving. Upto 7, 000 km per month in your own vehicle
Entry level only
Not bad place to start a technical career. Good for young single guys who maybe still live at home since the pay is barely above minimum wage especially if you are on-call and getting no overtime pay.

You quickly learn the pay is low and hours long for Field Techs. Privately owned company - very little interest from owner in much except how much money he can make by paying as little as possible for talent.

Some good guys have come and gone. Nothing really going to keep you there if you are smart and want more. Management cannot and will not try and retain talent.
Pros
Good entry job for experience. Good guy managers where I worked.
Cons
Well below market pay - no overtime - long hours
overally good place
awesome place to start a career, less potential advancement. company focus on commercial level customers, which many other IT companys in town are not capable of dealing with.
Pros
massive learning opportunites
Cons
below par pay, not much family time
nice people to work with
learned new technology of NCR and Diebold
People are good to spend working hours.
fun
 Extensive Customer Service experience.
 Strong communication & interpersonal skills both written & verbal.

 A team player who also works well independently.

 Strong computer skills.

 Post Secondary education.

 Highly adaptable to change.

 Possess a strong work ethic in pursuit of excellence.

 Goal oriented.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weekends work
low pay
Long hours on short notice
Management ok

Lots of skills required

thrown in with little training or time

Pros
dont have to go to office between calls
Cons
no time to have a life
My thoughts
In my short tenure at AMPM I have seen 4 people leave mainly because of verbal abuse from management. The Saskatoon manager changes so-called company policies daily and none of the employees know what to expect next. I have also had enough of both seeing and experiencing the the abuse thus leaving the company. Co-workers are continuously on edge every day which is not a good environment to work in. That is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is doing new network installation.
Cons
too many to list here