AMPM Systems

AMPM Systems Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Featured review
AMPM Systems selected this as a representative review
I was with AMPM for several years and have enjoyed working here. Management is very good at providing the necessary items and knowledge to be effective in any position.
30 September 2020
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share your experience working with us at AM/PM Service. Our employee’s dedication to their craft, loyalty to our customers and service driven mantra has laid the foundation of AM/PM Service and continues to drive our success today. We’re so glad that during your time with us you received all the necessary items and knowledge to be effective in your role. Thanks again for your review and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

AM/PM Service
I have had the opportunity to experience many interesting jobs in my life and that's what I thought this would be. I worked there less than a year and the combination of crazy vehicle wear and tear costs and ignorant management that supply no training, only verbal abuse, was enough to finally quit. A very toxic and stressful work environment. Head office offered zero help. Stay away
30 September 2020
Sorry to hear that your experience working at AM/PM Service as a Field Technician was less than exceptional. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as we take it very seriously. For over 30 years, we have strived to build a culture of diversity, inclusivity, hard work and fun. Since your review, we have investigated improvements for our Field Technicians such as compensation and training. Today we work directly with our suppliers to ensure that our technicians are certified and can successfully execute resolutions to any issues while providing outstanding customer service. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you all the best in your career.

AM/PM Service
i Loved working her. The staff is smart and knowldge about what you need to succeeded. THey are always willing to help by phone or in person. Managment is kind and understanding on errors.
30 September 2020
It’s wonderful to hear that you loved being a part of the AM/PM Service team! As one of North America’s largest privately held POS solutions companies, we understand the importance of our staff. In fact, the heart and soul of our company has always been our team. Your dedication to your craft, loyalty to our customers and service driven mantra has laid the foundation of AM/PM Service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience working with us and we wish you success in your future endeavors.

AM/PM Service
I worked there about 20 years ago so keep this in mind.... This place was worst than most of the fast food type jobs I worked while going to school. This was my first IT job out of school. It was terrible.
* Low pay, near min wage.

* Toxic abusive management

* while I am not LGBT myself encountered very redneck staff who were anti LGBT

* no more at all for advancement

Overall by far the worst company I have ever worked for.
30 September 2020
We are sorry that you were unhappy while working with us as an Electronic Bench Technician at AM/PM Service. The heart and soul of our company has always been our team who drives our success and are the face of AM/PM Service. Their dedication to their craft, loyalty to our customers and service driven mantra has laid the foundation of AM/PM Service. Since you worked with us over 20 years ago, much has changed at our company. We have made significant improvements to our compensation, management style and policies and have aimed at offering more room for advancement as we continue to grow. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as it has helped us to improve and continue to live up to our reputation of dependability, consistency, and professionalism.

AM/PM Service
I have worked almost 5 years there and did not receive any increase in my salary. They layoff me without any notice and did not pay me for 4 weeks pay. I have register a complaint in employment standards and then got 4 weeks pay after one year.
Worked at AM/PM for almost 3 years. Small company, CEO made it feel like a family. Very friendly and helpful management. Great job for experience to further advancement. One on one training. Friendly/Fun work environment.
30 September 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience as a dispatcher in our Call-Centre. It’s fantastic news to hear that during your 3 years with us, AM/PM Service offered great job experience, one-on-one training and a fun work environment. Our open-door policy encourages a friendly and collaborative work environment with all team members and is something we take very seriously. As a smaller company, we recognize that the heart and soul of our company has always been our team. Treating our staff like family and showing employee appreciation is very important to us and we hope you were able to enjoy the various staff events during your time at AM/PM. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your career!

Regards,

AM/PM Service
They gave Me 12 hours of training and expected me to know what I was doing. The training was spent mostly on data entry into spreadsheets.

She had barely touched on the system. She didn't give me pathways to find things and didn't tell me about the many other tasks that would need to be done.

They let me go because it wasn't a good fit. Would've been great with some training.
6 September 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate your candor. We are sorry that this position didn’t work out for both parties as it does happen from time to time. We certainly hope that you find a better fit with your next opportunity and we wish you all the best in your next endeavor.
Good experience with the challnaing work environment.

Lots of new things to learn every single day.

Lots of overnight installations but definitely worth it.
Pros
Company Gas Card and fun driving
Cons
Tuff support
30 September 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, your opinion of our company is very important to us. It’s great to hear that during your time with us as a Field Service Technician, you received a great amount of experience in the POS industry. Since your review, we have made improvements to our communication and training to offer our technicians better support in the field. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your thoughts and we wish you the best in your career.

AM/PM Service
This company violates labor laws, most noticeably overtime.
there is no work life balance.

They would work you to death if the could

very high turn over as no one stays for long
Pros
non
3 June 2019
We appreciate your review and I apologize for the issues that you are currently experiencing. I see that you are a current team member with us, if this is the case, may I suggest to bring such this issue up with your direct supervisor. I realize this may be difficult to some, but I hope our Open Door Policy culture encourages you to bring this up so we can properly investigate your situation. We want to help you get to the bottom of this and hope that you bring this matter up to your supervisor soon. Thank you for sharing.
Terrible HR, looking for someone willing to do all their work for pennies, without asking questions. This is not a place I'll ever consider a 2nd time.
Cons
Recruiters want cheap, not experienced.
6 September 2019
I apologize that you felt that way during your interview with us as it is certainly not our intentions; in fact quite the opposite. As a company, we take the review of compensation packages quite seriously as it is reviewed annually to ensure that we are offering competitive wages to all candidates and team members. These packages are based on data for a specific position that includes factors like region, industry, company size etc. I want to thank you for taking the time to apply for our job opportunity and I hope that you will someday consider us again in the future.
They have little to no concern for the employees , refuse to pay for overtime that is mandatory, as do not have enough staff as they have very high turn over
Pros
Cons
long hours poor working conditions
6 September 2019
We appreciate your insight. You are correct that overtime is mandatory under labour laws; therefore, our team members are paid overtime. We certainly have higher volume areas at time which is the natural ebb and flow of our industry. During these times, we rely on key team members to assist in the increased workload which can benefit our team members with increase wages via overtime. All of our departments make an effort to adjust staffing levels accordingly to manage stress and workloads as best as we can. It is simply the nature of our business and many businesses like ours. We thank you for your feedback and I hope that this is an appropriate response to your comments.
Stay away. Management is an absolute mess. They treat their travelling employees like garbage. They don't value your personal time.

Normally a per diem is provided for travel, but they negotiated a deal with a customer to force one of my colleagues to forgo the per diem and eat at the customer's restaurant for every meal for a week. This is unethical. AM/PM should have covered the per diem themselves, but they only care about profit.

Rotating on-call shifts are mandatory for tech support workers, and the pay is abysmal.
30 September 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience working at AM/PM Service. We apologize that you felt our management was unacceptable during your time with us. Since your review, we have made improvements to our management structure and strongly encourage a friendly and collaborative work environment. Part of this is derived from our Open Door policy where staff can feel comfortable communicating with all team members. AM/PM Service has put in place policies to ensure that all staff receive adequate compensation or per diem when necessary. Reviewing compensation packages is something we take seriously to ensure that we are offering competitive wages and are staying current in the market. AM/PM recognizes that the heart and soul of our company has always been our team and we thank you for offering your feedback to help us improve.

AM/PM Service
I guess if you have almost no experience you might learn a few things but otherwise if you have some knowledge and are somewhat professional this place is to be severely avoided
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Dead end...unprofessional... they don't even provide morning and afternoon breaks
30 September 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’re sad to hear that you were unable to learn a variety of new skills in the POS industry while working with us. At AM/PM we take feedback very seriously as we are firm believers that it will help us to improve and grow. Your experience with us is uncommon as staff are required and encouraged to utilize their deserved breaks to remain well rested and engaged. We’re sorry we missed the mark during your time working with us and wish you the best in your career.

AM/PM Service
Company policy is that you get an advance on your salary after 7 years.

The owners are cheap and you have to have your own tools, but that's with most jobs.

The company was great to work for until around 2014. I worked there 9 years.

You are frequently worked pst your end time and you have to fight to get overtime even for something like 15 minutes.
Pros
Fuel Card
Cons
Lots of driving. Upto 7, 000 km per month in your own vehicle
Not bad place to start a technical career. Good for young single guys who maybe still live at home since the pay is barely above minimum wage especially if you are on-call and getting no overtime pay.

You quickly learn the pay is low and hours long for Field Techs. Privately owned company - very little interest from owner in much except how much money he can make by paying as little as possible for talent.

Some good guys have come and gone. Nothing really going to keep you there if you are smart and want more. Management cannot and will not try and retain talent.
Pros
Good entry job for experience. Good guy managers where I worked.
Cons
Well below market pay - no overtime - long hours
awesome place to start a career, less potential advancement. company focus on commercial level customers, which many other IT companys in town are not capable of dealing with.
Pros
massive learning opportunites
Cons
below par pay, not much family time
30 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that your experience working at AM/PM Service overall has been positive, but we are sorry to hear that our compensation is below par. We have looked to address your concerns by reviewing our compensation structure and by offering more flexibility to our technicians since your review. We encourage you to reach out to your direct manager to discuss opportunities with your wage in more detail. We’re glad you’ve been able to learn a variety of skills in the POS industry and hope you continue to grow with us.

learned new technology of NCR and Diebold
People are good to spend working hours.
30 September 2020
Thanks for your feedback! It’s wonderful that your coworkers were nice and great to work with as we strive to provide a friendly and collaborative work environment. One of the benefits of working as a Field Service Technician at AM/PM is we provide the opportunity to grow and learn new POS technology. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and best of luck in your career.

AM/PM Service
 Extensive Customer Service experience.
 Strong communication & interpersonal skills both written & verbal.

 A team player who also works well independently.

 Strong computer skills.

 Post Secondary education.

 Highly adaptable to change.

 Possess a strong work ethic in pursuit of excellence.

 Goal oriented.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weekends work
30 September 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback that AM/PM Service is a fun place to work! We truly appreciate you taking the time to express the qualities you loved while working with us. We love to show our employee appreciation by arranging various fun events and lunches for our staff throughout the year. Thank you again for sharing your experience as it is very much appreciated.

AM/PM Service
Long hours on short notice
Management ok

Lots of skills required

thrown in with little training or time

Pros
dont have to go to office between calls
Cons
no time to have a life
30 September 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, your opinion of our company is very important. It’s great to hear that as a Technician, you received a great amount of new experience in the POS industry. We’ve sorry that you haven’t received adequate training and we encourage you to reach out to your supervisor if this is still the case. Since your review, we have worked closely with our suppliers to make improvements in our training programs that ensure our technicians are certified. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your thoughts and we wish you the best in your career.

AM/PM Service
In my short tenure at AMPM I have seen 4 people leave mainly because of verbal abuse from management. The Saskatoon manager changes so-called company policies daily and none of the employees know what to expect next. I have also had enough of both seeing and experiencing the the abuse thus leaving the company. Co-workers are continuously on edge every day which is not a good environment to work in. That is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is doing new network installation.
Cons
too many to list here