Amphenol

Amphenol Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Established company
Well established company with demanding custom designed products.
This company is too dependent on one big customer, that brings ups and downs with new orders.
flexible and professional environment
Flexible working hour, 7.5 hours work day. Allow everyone to work and learn. Support employees with difficulty. Everyone is treated with respect. The hardest part of the job is to find a feasible solution for a design's requirements, both electrical and mechanical. The most enjoyable part of the job is to inspect and test prototype samples.
Pros
flexible and relax evironment
Cons
getting bore of similar products
Okay place
Poor management , some good people. In fighting and politics.not a good place to grow. Inexperienced supervisors, engineered. Very unprofessional environment
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Ridiculous supervisors
Analyze project from customer request to manufacture process
Make a quote from customer request,this process would take a couple hours with the skill necessary,because you need to do the calculations step bystep
people are cool, pay is bad
typical day is chill, some days are fast, learned a lot, management was good, hr are all good, but the pay is bad. don't see good development here for future as a career.
Change is coming in about 5+ years
When your director gets demoted in less than 6 months of your hiring due to lack of personal , it's very demotivating. When you give your resignation due to the lack of communication and the obscure structure about the workplace and your director tells you "well nothing can be done at this point...", its very demotivating. When people constantly backbite and lie about each other, its very demotivating. Amphenol, please understand that the year is now 2019 and things have changed. Young talents will not stay or will not want to be recruited by you if these old geezers that have been here for the past 4000 years dont change their ways. I hope the best for those who try their hardest and for those who are hindering the success of others in this work place, I hope they cease to exist.
Language Barrier to Canadians
Canadians do not speak Mandarin we speak English and French. NOT MANDARIN!!!!
We should speak up and tell our immigration they are welcome but speak our language and adjust to OUR CULTURE NOT theres!!!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Overall working here for over 15 years has been good
My issue over the years has become with management and value. I have no reason to leave this position, other than the desire to find another challenge and perhaps a different mindset. I will always consider any opportunity and weight its merits. Having worked here as long as I have, I will always have a positive outlook on those I work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amphenol?
Good place to start as entry level
Really depends on which department you work for.
Training was provided; however, job was very repetitive.

Good people to work with and very relaxed. I found the workplace to be slow pace.
Management is absolutely preposterous
This job had every chance to be a lifelong endeavour and many I worked with loved what they did there. It was an amazing environment. By the end you felt used and thrown away for cheap temporary labour no matter your seniority.
Pros
Great great co workers
Cons
Too much and improper management. Hostile.
Stressful & Negative Working Environment
Amphenol had a lot of potential to be life time employment. But due to poor management decisions and the inability to work with and listen to suggestion from employees made this job difficult on a daily basis. I value quality in any company I work with in a high degree. Quality at Amphenol was unattainable although parts were and are shipped out in this manner with pressure from management. This was my least favorite part of the job. If you value quality in you work, Amphenol is not the place to achieve that.
They keep it in the family
Bright new engineers with the drive and determination to conquer the aerospace industry have come to save the company - with one thing standing in their way. An entire family hired internally, who've gotten too comfortable in their positions, and their ego's stand greater than their knowledge.
Productive and fun workplace
Great environment, good energy and friendly co-workers. I felt comfortable and save with my surroundings. I was able to gain more experience working independently as well as on a team. I made great friendships. However, I received no benefits or raises.
management interacted with their employees
I was required to be available 24/7
Management was very difficult

The people I work with her very nice and got along well with others
Pros
clean and safe enviroment
Cons
not big enough work space
No chance for advancement
worked straight midnight shifts which I did not prefer. Everyone who is in a higher position is related and I never felt there was a real "open door" policy.
Family oriented
Good company to work for with great benefits but needs better management. No job protection, doesnt matter if you have been there long or short time if someone doesnt like you they will get rid of you
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many bosses
No parts
No parts and no management support.
Cannot get parts fast enough to make profit on monthly basis.

Test equipment is old and unreliable.
Pros
Dayshift
Cons
Job security
Challenging and reasonable place to work
A great deal of testing, repairing and updating electrical sub -assemblies.
Pros
some free lunches when productivity is up
Great Learning opportunity
At Amphenol Canada I was fortunate enough to try different aspects within the company. I spent most of my time doing data entry, retrieving quotes, and completeing purchase orders.

I also spent an hour each day at reception dealing with phone calls and responding to general emails.

Amphenol Canada allowed me with the opportunity to get a taste of a professional business environment.