AMJ Campbell logo
AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Productive place to work.

Everyone's experience is different working there. Personally the time I was there I enjoyed working for this company. They have multiple departments home delivery residential moving ect.

a typical day at work

AMJ is a good place to work for if you enjoy some long hours , various job deadlines and short on labour to assist at times always a flood of amount of work

Pros

lots of work

Hard Work with fun team

good environment and very good team, decent pay, lots of work in spring and summer. people are generally cooperative and helpful if you're a new employee.

The Staff here made the opportunity more enjoyable.

AMJ Campbell provided great work at a good wage. It allowed me to sustain myself long term and provided an excellent work environment.

Fun workplace environment

My time there was good. I had a lot of fun working there as the people are very friendly most of them. Had a personality conflict with my supervisor but everyone else was great. They are easy going and everyone is very helpful.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Seasonal

great workplace to work in.

Great work place to work in. The people you work with make it much more enjoyable to go to work. The skills you learn are adapted easily from the help of experienced employees who have the patience to help you.

Pros

flexible hours .

Cons

no consistent work schedule.

Great plcae to work!

Good work out. Rewarding. Long days. Road trips. Ability to travel and see different cities accross Canada. One of the cleanest moving companies around. Good quality. Good people.

inconsistant and unreliable

numerous times I have gotten in trouble for not coming in when I never received a call to come in. I have had to go to the office to right there WRONGS. which in all honestly I don't mind too much. what I mind is that I have bills and a kid to pay for and I don't have money to waste coming down to Mississauga from brampton to straighten them up. I haven't had work in over two months for this reason

really good place to work

AMJ is a moving company so a typical day at work would be helping someone move all their belongings to their new home. The hours were long and great, lots of heavy lifting and some long days but the pay was great and sometimes you would even get tips. i worked with a friend and his co worker and they were great, easy to get along with and i enjoyed my time working there. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were careful so that you didn't damage any property, some of the furniture can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be pay day because its the most rewarding.

Fun team of caring employees who work together to help get the job done. Good work hours, lots of available overtime opportunity and an overall great environment to work in.

Jobs at AMJ Campbell

See more jobs

Good Part Time Job

Typical day at work you arrive at your location the supervisor tells everyone whats going on and we all get to work. Co-workers are good people. It's a moving job so expect a lot of heavy lifting for long periods of time. The only downside to this job really is there isn't always work so you remain on call till there is work.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Not enough work

i cant for fear of job loss

im writing some thing here because it is required husband and wife control the employees so you cant relax without fea r of losing hours .

Decent work environment

It is a good job with a lot of hours however some of the shifts run very late which was the only thing i really disliked. Otherwise I would have to say i enjoyed this job.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

poor hours

fun place to work

Very fun place to work at. learned alot about the home delivery aspect of the transport industry plus many other valuable lessons. liked the independent work environment...but the 7 day work week was very difficult to manage and balance work/life.

Pros

independent

Cons

7 day week

Great place

Awesome place to work, friendly environment and hardwork. The job was the same but always different. You get to see so many nice houses and nice furniture. Managers are always very nice. I learned to move furniture properly, wrap & Pack furniture into a truck and i also learned to pack customers things into boxes and into the truck. I liked working here because it gave me some extra physical activity, and I got to work outside everyday.

Pros

Great pay, fun place to work

Cons

Heavy lifting

Seasonal.

AMJ Campbell Van Lines is a good company to work for, they pay decent wages. everybody is background checked for customer protection and comfort. the hours vary day by day as every move is different. cash jobs can be picked up on the side from long haul drivers from around the country. winters are very slow so saving your money is a big deal.

Pros

big paycheques

Cons

long hours in summer, no hours in winter.

Every new day was a challange

The job was different every day. Moving office furniture and equipment was the hardest.Co-workers were always fun to work with. Learned a lot about computers!

Pros

Always a different job site

Cons

Split shifts

Productive and fun workplace

Really physically demanding, I learned to work i a fast pace environment with extended hours. I enjoyed the management the drivers and workers. They are really hard working an fun to talk to.

Terrible

Unfortunately it was one of the worst work environments I have had to work in. The majority of the people their were in my opinion rather bias and perhaps even racist and very difficult to work with.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

I was poorly trained, left to cover another employees duties without proper preparation

A very fun place to work.

AMJ Campbell is a very highly active company and they offer an environment where people actually want to come to work everyday. I would recommend this employer to anyone who is looking to join their ranks.

great place to work we were a family

I loved this company, I trained packers, we all worked as a team. I was forced to quit as of a motor vehicle accident. I was in accident, the company in the middle of the night hired me a lawyer. I would have gone back to my work family but injuries took to many yrs to get well. company had to move on.

Pros

best ppl. we all new our jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMJ Campbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement