AMJ Campbell logo
AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Productive place to work.

Everyone's experience is different working there. Personally the time I was there I enjoyed working for this company. They have multiple departments home delivery residential moving ect.

Great people

Only there for the summer but I felt like I belonged there. Fun environment. the hours were guaranteed and paychecks came out weekly. Glad I had the opportunity to work here

Good

Large company, with many opportunities to grow and learn. Has offices all over Canada, able to relocate. Joined paramount in the US as a sister company which makes them an even bigger player in the industry

hard work, good pay.

Working as a mover is extremely physically demanding and you need the right men for the job. That was never an issue with this company as they always made sure there was enough hands in the pot so no-one got burned. Usually worked with a great bunch of guys that all put in their effort to get job done.

Pros

no gym membership needed

Cons

no gym membership needed.

physically demanding

go to work to build muscle, ever day is a new challenge. it feels great to overcome the obstacles you encounter daily. you have to learn to work well with others in order to get the tough jobs done, and maintain a good attitude in order to get along. builds character and is a great job for young adults to learn about themselfs and grow

Pros

you get extremely fit

Cons

unpredictable hours

Enjoyable work environment great employees

I learned alot from this company and enjoyes my time there very much they had a laid back work environment but still took the job at hand very seriously

Long unpredictable hours, Physically hard on your body, no benefits Ability to make lots of money, long hours away from family, receiving tips , meeting famous people

Pros

Tips from customers

fun moving company

Types: Local Movers, Long Distance, Office Movers, International Movers Services: Auto Transport, Freight, Self Storage helped pack boxes wraped skids and furniture

Pros

great people

Cons

unknowing hours

They need to manage their deliveries more Professionally

The one good thing about working with Amj is that they have multiple branches and sections so you dont have to be stuck doing one type of delivery, but the mangment and preperation of customer order's is not always done professionally

Pros

Weekly payments

Cons

Horrilble Managment

good place to work but they dont pay much consider all the work you do

I loved working here but they were very under staffed and I would work 10 hrs at the office and another 2-4 hrs at home I would also work Saturdays from home as well. I switched departments and the company lost the contract. if they hired more people I am sure they would still have the contract with home depot.

Jobs at AMJ Campbell

See more jobs

Mover

Move furniture and equipment in a corporate setting. Involves a lot of heavy lifting and good attitude. Always have to be nice to the customer which is important.

Fast paced environment with plenty of exercise.

Always fun on thre move with the boys, making our customers laugh, and keeping things lively. Plenty of physical work. Learned how to drive an 18 wheeler. Learned to how to load a truck by some of the best out there. Have seen most of North America. Long and unpredictable days.

Pros

Always good laughs with the guys, Every day is a new challenge.

Cons

Long unpredictable hours.

Good company to get expiernce and advancement.

I've learned so much about the shipping and receiving industry thanks to AMJ Campbell. Management is always there to help you out. I enjoy getting stronger while working in a fun fast paced environment, and getting paid while u do it isn't so bad either. Hardest part of job is moving pianos. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday, and no day is ever the same. Typical work day involves the complete relocation of all household items including assembly and disassembly staging furniture. Assisting customer with anything they need that day. We do it all.

Pros

Tips, free lunches.

Very un orgainezd company

Management is very backwards and unprofessional there is no over time even after 60 hours worked. Equipment is very outdated and dangours to use at times.trucks are not taken care of at all.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Long hours no home life underpaid. No overtime

good company and good staff.

very professional crew and good working hours. wouldn't recommend for someone wanting to make a ton of money but overall decent place to work. .......

Was good to work for

Was enjoyable to work for but the work took its physical toll and they do not have a good regard for safety. Hours too sporadic even while working full time and the schedule is too all over the place to plan a life.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Not enough hours and hours ever changing

Fun place to work for

great culture Great manager level Great support great pay great xmas partys I like the support I received from my boss and office co workers. Great lunches where provided for us and BBQ at Summer plus a gym also !

Pros

good pay

Cons

older office building

Fast paced

We moved internationally. We would safely wrap your belongings move them into the truck. Would sometimes work in the warehouse. Moved shipments where they needed to be.

Pros

New thing

Cons

Tough on the body

Hard work but well rewarded.

The pay is very good and generally customers are very giving with food and cash tips. You will be working more than 8 hours a day most of the time and will often be put into situations that don't feel professional.

Pros

Free Lunches, Tips

Cons

Long Hours

Productive, fun, enjoyable work place

Truly wish i could go back to AMJ Campbell in Pembroke ON as it was an amazing team oriented environment to work within, the people were amazing and advancement was also amazing. I loved my job and wouldnt have traded it for the world. I hope to go back to an AMJ location here in the NB area once a vehicle is obtained.

Pros

Fun, enjoyable, fast paced, team oriented, busy, long hours, overtime

Cons

No cons in my opinion. Overall amazing place to work

Very Stressful with no support from Management

This place is alright to work for, however there is really no room for career growth. Empty promises are made and nothing comes of it. The staff are nice and helpful as much as possible, the management on the other hand are not so much. They expect you to work overtime when necessary with no competition for your time or effort. To them we were all "replaceable" and they don't value the hard working employees. Be aware!! Not a place you can grow roots

Pros

Nice friendly staff.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMJ Campbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement