AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Everyone's experience is different working there. Personally the time I was there I enjoyed working for this company. They have multiple departments home delivery residential moving ect.
your expected to show up 30 minutes before your shift and not get paid for loading materials and supplies for the days job so I show up 5 minutes before hand. The management/office staff talk nice about you to your face but the moment something goes wrong they treat you like a piece of dirt, very toxic environment. on most days I just jump in my van and avoid the office all together. I feel trapped
Pros
when you leave
Cons
not paid overtime, toxic enviroment, sneaky office staff, dishonest employees
They had multiple things I would disagree on, the workers, friendliness, work ethic for employees, clumsiness, my pay was never on time and the workers were rude.
Pros
Cons
Pay, employees work ethic, friendliness
Worked at Amj for four years ; saw many many come and go and only "preferred staff" getting frequent shifts and promotions. Be ready to get 12 hr weeks in the low season and random 42 or 45 weeks in the busy season ; take travel time out of your hours so it is difficult to get over time; many co workers are rude and abrasive. Not a good place to work.
Pros
New site almost every day
Cons
Irregular hours, never know what amount you will get paid the next week, shifts given out daily so you are left hanging day to day.
This company is disorganized and has no structure whatsoever. The owner is rude and has no idea what he's doing, constantly cutting Corners and cheating on paperwork. Some employees actually steal from customers and use drugs while on the job.
Pros
No Pros whatsoever
Cons
Long hours, terrible equipment, toxic environment
Typically day is walk through with the customer followed by prepping for the move then followed by the actual move. Some days are smooth and some are difficult due to variation of factors.
Its a job that is hard on the body for not a lot of pay. You work long days and go to various different places and have little to no time for lunches or breaks
Worked until i was injured then they told compensation i lied about the injury. Worked holidays, weekends, sick, with a broken arm!!!!! In the end it didnt matter as soon as i needed something for me i became obselete.
Pros
Job is diverse
Cons
Care nithing for your well being
Not so much of a great culture at the office. Management is set on old ways of work ethics and not willing to change. Need a lot of improvement and change in attitude.
Easily the most fun job I've ever had. My coworkers were amazing and the job itself was easy. All the tools and support was there. However, management at AMJ is very inconsistent with the hours and they can very unreasonable
a typical day at work was just moving boxes and dressers as well as other furniture and appliances i learnt a variety of skills such as how to pad televisions and mirrors
Pros
the boss was nice
Cons
some of the items where extremely heavy and awkward to carry
Good people, but they expect the world out of you. Lots of turnover with employees. Good workplace, need to be a little more focused on their employees however. Communication mainly
Pros
Get some tips and meet some cool people, stay in shape and work with great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, Unorganized a lot of the time
Nice experience though lots of standing and lifting which you'll get used to. Average wage. My work was reliant on contracts the company got. More of a seasonal job.
Pros
Good, friendly workers.
Cons
Lots of hours of standing and some lazy workers
Although this is a great company, I would not recommend it to anyone with a young family. Horrible hours, strenuous on the body, and no incentives make it difficult to maintain morale. * DOES NOT ALLOW GRIEVING TIME FOR FRONT LINE EMPLOYEES OR RECOGNIZE PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES *
I worked there only to get jerked around on my raise for 2 months .I advise people it's only a few months of work only to get dismissal or laid off thanks AMJ
AMJ Campbell was a good workplace but i find that there wasn't enough hours in a week. managers and boss were amazing. i learned how to move other people's things and be careful not to break them.
There was no room for advancement working there and the owner of the branch that I worked for was not a very pleasant person to deal with so I quit working there
The experience i had working was unbelievably great. Everyday I was welcomed and had a clear idea of how the day was going to be. I only have good comments about my experience with this business.
Family run business with a great focus on the customer and employees. Most successful moving company in the area. Very diversified with residential, commercial, home delivery and specialized logistics divisions. Many employees have advanced from general labour to higher positions.
Pros
promote from within, family oriented environment
Cons
Can be long hours
Home to home delivery of furniture from customers including residential department as a team player. As a driver I managed 2 to 4 swampers (crew). Customers were not ready with the packing being completed, creating a long work day. The most enjoyable part was customer service seeing the customer happy.
Pros
The tips were nice to get
Cons
When the contract originally requested 4 worked and the company send only 2.
AMJ had many staff that knew each other from previous companies and also had company functions so employees could get a chance to know management and the CEO.
  1. Employee reviews