AMJ Campbell logo
AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Productive place to work.

Everyone's experience is different working there. Personally the time I was there I enjoyed working for this company. They have multiple departments home delivery residential moving ect.

Can this place get any worse?

This company has to be by far one of the worst to work for. Not only is it an office loaded with staff who don't communicate with anyone else but they work their field crews to the bone and toss them away to be replaced by an agency worker the day after. They take everything personally, so if they don't like you then you get to sit at home for days on end and when you try to communicate your frustrations to them, they simply brush off your concerns and dish out some story of how when they were in the field that they did what had to be done no matter what. Their staff are NOT trained to be performing proper and safe work and they absolutely try their best to operate under the radar when it comes to legality. Their payroll consistently shaves hours off of your pay and for the ones who don't catch it, essentially give the ones in suits a little bonus. I'm honestly surprised that these guys are still in business.

Pros

Get to see newplaces

Cons

Everything else about being a mover

Not much incentives

Good place to work but compensation and benefits not very good.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Salary and benefits not attractive

I've had better.

Speechless. For lack of anything great to say about this company, I opt to say nearly nothing at all.

Pros

Not bad hours.

Cons

Very seasonal, no culture, no employee appreciation.

fun

its a great place to work. load trucks, move stuff. build office furniture. drive trucks. freedom.

Fun Workplace

A typical day at work consists of a lot of heavy lifitng, unloading trucks and crates, moving things into buildings, and re loading the trucks in an organized fashion. The co workers were good, friendly people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the employees and the easiest part was getting a good work out while you earned money.

Pros

Good exercise

Cons

Dealing with a lot of unfriendly people

Productive and informational job experience

Work in the mornings were busy. A majority of the time i would be unloading and loading trucks with merchandise. The managment and my co-workers were all great people who taught me thoroughly, they were the most enjoyable part of the work. The only difficult part of the work was lifting heavy merchandise.

Great place to work, staff are very friendly as well as management.

typical day at work, excited to go to work, great management,

Pros

Start early

Cons

You don;t know when you are done work.

amj movers

typical work day - show up at warehouse, team meeting, get into work van off to job site, move material until end of work day. learnt to be aware of my surroundings and not damage any property that is not mine, to work as a team player management was well done most times, everyone was coordinated co workers were always good to work with no complaints hardest part of job would be the physical aspect most enjoyable part was closing the tractor tailer truck doors, which meant the day was over and it was time to head back.

Pros

good hours, good people

Cons

low pay, no benefits

Busy, fast paced job but unorganized

A typical day at work can be very busy. Answering a lot of phone calls especially from drivers and potential customers. No two days are ever the same. It can go from one extreme to the other where I'm overwhelmed and swamped to asking for my next assignment. I've learned how to be patient and take one step at a time. Being very organized myself helped me to be able to prioritize my work flow and be able to complete all tasks assigned to me. My co-workers are very friendly and all were willing to help and answer any questions I had when I first started. The hardest part about this job is sometimes the amount of work that needs to be done all at once, while answering phone calls and managing all the changes that can occur on daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is how laid back it can be. As I mentioned, everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with, this is what I feel is the most enjoyable.

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

Very unorganized

Jobs at AMJ Campbell

See more jobs

Très bonne environnement de travail

Sa ma permis de prendre de l'expérience de diriger des équipes chauffeur classe 3 FM de bien connaître la ville de Montréal et sa grande région....

Pros

De bien connaître la ville

Cons

difficile physiquement à la longue après plusieurs années comme déménageur

Great environment to work in

- Unpacking/ packing household items- Long hours- Organizing/ rearranging- Driving- Customer Service

Pros

inside/outside job

Cons

anonymous hours

For the most part, a great place to work

Having spent 30 years with this company, I have to say that it was, for the most part, a challenging and enjoyable place to work. In spite of issues in the last few months, I have to say that most managers were great people, I made many friends both in the company and in the industry, and would not hesitate to do it all again. Over the course of 30 years I worked in every department, in many positions and several cities, and would have a hard time to pick any one area that was most enjoyable or most difficult!

Pros

the people, both internal and external

Cons

very demanding work with middle of the range pay scales.

Packing and moving furniture for 10 to 15 hours a day.

Wake up early and move between 8000 to 17000 pounds of furniture on a daily basis.I learned that team work in this industry was the most important thing if you want to get the job done.Our management team was good. they would show up with energy drinks and food on hot days.My coworkers were outstanding and I believe they taught me a lot about moving and life.Working in the summer heat and bitter cold was the hardest part but the team chemistry kept us going.The best part was traveling all over the province and sometimes going to other provinces to help our customers relocate.

Pros

great team.

Cons

the weather.

Fun, fast pace

Usually I would begin by doing accounts receivables , morning meeting with President, arrange travel accommodations.Hiring or terminating. Making sure all moves were on time with right amount of people. Management was approachable but feel a little bit more open minded to changes would have helped. Worked with some difficult and some very good co-workers. Hardest part of the job was trying to put forth ideas to management for money saving ideas.Most enjoyable was the happy and friendly atmosphere.I was voted Employee of the Year by my peers (100)

Pros

employee rates on personal moves.

Cons

dealing with sexual harassments.

Fast work inviroment

be in shape - fallow tight deadlines, work with anyone in anyplace... willing to be anywhere in Ontario

Pros

travel

unstabble, poor workplace

myself and many Many others are extremely uphappy with this company for numerous reasons, poor pay, unstabble work hours, treated poorly by management, any reason too deduct employees salaries, all in all a terrible place to work

Good group of employees, real team like environment

Hard working group of people constantly striving to do better and be more efficient

Pros

busy environment

Cons

long hours at times

fun

very nice place to work this job will diffenatly shows you how towork as a team.

Pros

super fun

Cons

cant sleep over