AMJ Campbell logo
AMJ Campbell
Happiness score is 53 out of 100Below average

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Productive place to work.

Everyone's experience is different working there. Personally the time I was there I enjoyed working for this company. They have multiple departments home delivery residential moving ect.

great place to work we were a family

I loved this company, I trained packers, we all worked as a team. I was forced to quit as of a motor vehicle accident. I was in accident, the company in the middle of the night hired me a lawyer. I would have gone back to my work family but injuries took to many yrs to get well. company had to move on.

Pros

best ppl. we all new our jobs.

Great place to work!

Enjoyable and faced paced work environment. Customer service oriented. Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. Reputable company with ethics I approved of.

Pros

Easily accessible by bus, hours are reasonable

A great company to work for

Delivering, packing, unpacking, loading truck, unloading trucks, inventory check, all of these were part of a typical work day. Management was good, the people i worked with were fun. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel to places within Ontario that i probably would of never of visited.

Pros

Good hours, fun people

Cons

Far from friends and family.

Physical demanding, customer oreinted, long hours, good pay

When working for a driver who is employed by AMJ Campbell, the benefits are great. You get to work in a team, that should put a smile on your face, and, its like going to the gym, you work-out all day. Also learning new things just by having simple conversation with the customer.

Decent place, closed down.

Furniture moving, it's labour. Pretty basic wake up early, go load your truck up in the morning at a customers house or, the warehouse. Deliver at a customers house, or at the warehouse, paid hourly, overtime paid daily if you worked more than 8 hours a day, they had a pretty decent crew to work with, everybody knew what they were doing and the company didn't take on more work than they could handle. Management was generally friendly and looking for ways to improve the way the job worked if possible by getting us equipment etc.

Pros

Tips from customers, overtime after 8 hours, friendly management, not understaffed

Cons

Very long hours some days.

geat job good people to wok for

working with a team is great lifting boxes being careful and helping customers is always the best part i relly enjoy the hard work i do

great pay

● Unloaded, picked, staged and loaded products for shipping. ● Installed protective bracing, padding and strapping to prevent shifting and damage to items during transport. ● Resolved service issues in a timely manner, including coordinating and processing returns. ● Oversaw warehousing and storage practices and housekeeping.

Pros

free lunches from the truck drivers

A Days work

Dealing with an international world, my first priority is to contact the agents overseas because of the time difference. Dealing with agents from Russia to Africa, I've enjoyed very much taking a moment to learn a little about each culture. I enjoy educating those who are truly interested in the field. Hardest part of the job is not being able to comply with the customer if request is not possible. The most enjoyable part is working with a good team. This can make all the difference.

Pros

Health benefits, meeting new people

Cons

Traveling time.

a job to get by

the work environment is very negative and takes a large drain on you and does not make you want to go back long hours and very little pay no benefits

Jobs at AMJ Campbell

See more jobs

Hard-working environment with enjoyable employees

Fun place to work! The people are all very polite. Hard-working environment with dedicated employees. Paying employees more money would give them more incentive to continue to prosper with the company.

Character building experience.

In my experience the phase "a typical day" wouldn't apply, as everyday presents a new set of conditions and challenges. The length of the shift could range from 2- 12 hours. I learned to improvise and adapt to a variety of situations. The hardest part of the job was definitely the physically demand placed on the body. Its not uncommon to work 5 or 6 days a week, so applicants should prepare accordingly.

Pros

It was a humbling experience and I enjoyed helping people.

Cons

Management often overlooks the well-being of its employees.

Great working environment, possibility to make good money

- Enter a commercial building with a crew and a supervisor, load contents of office floor(s) into 5 ton truck(s), drive to destination, unload contents of truck(s) and place contents. - Effective and efficient ways to move heavy and awkward pieces of furniture and appliances, best way to load furniture/boxes of different sizes and shapes into the box of a 5 ton truck. - Co-workers friendly and co-operative, community is great, bosses are friendly. - Hardest part: Long hours, days that are physically demanding (office buildings with no elevators; contents must be stair carried). - Most enjoyable part: Good paycheques, working with good guys.

Pros

Good hours, potential for overtime

Cons

Unpredictable work schedule, some days physically taxing

fun workplace

Amj Campbell is a great company to work in as it has its pros and cons like everywhere else. The treatment is very friendly and everybody helps each other out in any kind of problem. The best part of the job was when you didn't have a lot to move around in diverse offices that we went to and of course the worst was when there was a lot of things to move around.

A step in the right direction!

A typical work day in my shoes consists of assisting our wonderful customers in a professional, reliable and honest manner. We help relocate thousands of individuals and families each year and I am proud to say that I assist in their next big milestone. I take pride in my work and strive to achieve results that speak for themselves.

Productive work place

Amj was a great place to work lots of hours and long days moving furniture and boxes meeting new people and going different places everyday

not bad

I liked the fact that i was brought up in the company fast and that they taught me forklift

Pros

long lunches

Cons

bad bosses

job

pleasant working environment, nothing more will be said about this. Hopefully this is helpful to people looking for a job.

To grow with a growing company

out going person like to get along with others. also meeting new people learning new skills .and other job tasks

fun

worked in the warehouse with people and went on the trucks for household moves

Pros

anytime breaks

Productive Work place

Good Co-workers Great customer service reasonable hours hardest part of the job is some of the heavy lifting the easiest part is learning how to move things differently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMJ Campbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement