AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews for Mover

Work-life balance

Was okay

It was okay until a lot of favouritism started and people start making false stories on people and it just got out of hand and they don’t pay the way they should be they pay what they feel you should get

Worst place to work

Aweful company everyone there lives for drama there drivers don't pay and they don't do anything about it worst company to work for just a huge joke

Cons

Mostly good crew, terrible management

Company has internal issues involving animosity between coworkers and managers, everyone talks bad about eachother behind the back. Office will mess up paper work for the job and then the crew is blamed and left looking dumb. Very little communication between management and employees, don't know if you work the next day until around 5pm so you can't plan anything in your life

Pros

Decent people

Cons

Long hours, lower pay than competition, poor management

It is a good place to work

The best place to meet new people get out go to new places get a good workout Learn how to deal with people Properly.keeps your vary busy in the summer

Pros

good workout

Respectful, Focused, Sensible, Fun.

I can not thank AMJ Campbell enough.In the interview I was up front about my rocky work history and they gave me a chance.I worked there for some time and it was very positive. I enjoyed working there alot. The hours varied based on the job of the day. There was always something new to learn / see.They were very understanding, and a fun place to work. Respectful and motivated. Some days involved hard work. But there was always the right tools to complete the move.

Pros

Relaxed, Focused, Time flies by, Decent pay, Room for growth

Not worth it

The amount of physical labour for the amount of pay is not worth it. And you don’t even get 40hrs every week. Some weeks are 10-50 hrs. It’s so inconsistent and they’ll just replace you if you ever make a mistake or upset them. They don’t value you as a person. They’re greedy for money and that’s all they care about. Avoid this company.

hard work and fast paced

how to move things efficiently. great people customer serivice long hours lots of travel good pay cash jobs weekend jobs hot days lots of water lots of trail mix run fast lift heavy things.

lots of tough laboring work, but a good way to make quick money

I worked as a mover for AMJ. this is back breaking work but it really taught me the value of a hard earned dollar. the work/life balance is way off tho. when you get home, even from a short day, you're just too exhausted to do anything. on top of all that you don't really have a planned lunch break so you usually end up looking a little anemic.

Fun, easy but management is poor

Easily the most fun job I've ever had. My coworkers were amazing and the job itself was easy. All the tools and support was there. However, management at AMJ is very inconsistent with the hours and they can very unreasonable

i enjoyed working here

a typical day at work was just moving boxes and dressers as well as other furniture and appliances i learnt a variety of skills such as how to pad televisions and mirrors

Pros

the boss was nice

Cons

some of the items where extremely heavy and awkward to carry

Jobs at AMJ Campbell

Mover positions
See more jobs

Dead end job unless you have a dz or AZ

I worked there only to get jerked around on my raise for 2 months .I advise people it's only a few months of work only to get dismissal or laid off thanks AMJ

productive workplace

AMJ Campbell was a good workplace but i find that there wasn't enough hours in a week. managers and boss were amazing. i learned how to move other people's things and be careful not to break them.

Friendly Management, Engaged Employee's

The experience i had working was unbelievably great. Everyday I was welcomed and had a clear idea of how the day was going to be. I only have good comments about my experience with this business.

fun moving company

Types: Local Movers, Long Distance, Office Movers, International Movers Services: Auto Transport, Freight, Self Storage helped pack boxes wraped skids and furniture

Pros

great people

Cons

unknowing hours

Mover

Move furniture and equipment in a corporate setting. Involves a lot of heavy lifting and good attitude. Always have to be nice to the customer which is important.

good company and good staff.

very professional crew and good working hours. wouldn't recommend for someone wanting to make a ton of money but overall decent place to work. .......

Was good to work for

Was enjoyable to work for but the work took its physical toll and they do not have a good regard for safety. Hours too sporadic even while working full time and the schedule is too all over the place to plan a life.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Not enough hours and hours ever changing

Hard work but well rewarded.

The pay is very good and generally customers are very giving with food and cash tips. You will be working more than 8 hours a day most of the time and will often be put into situations that don't feel professional.

Pros

Free Lunches, Tips

Cons

Long Hours

Productive, fun, enjoyable work place

Truly wish i could go back to AMJ Campbell in Pembroke ON as it was an amazing team oriented environment to work within, the people were amazing and advancement was also amazing. I loved my job and wouldnt have traded it for the world. I hope to go back to an AMJ location here in the NB area once a vehicle is obtained.

Pros

Fun, enjoyable, fast paced, team oriented, busy, long hours, overtime

Cons

No cons in my opinion. Overall amazing place to work

Great plcae to work!

Good work out. Rewarding. Long days. Road trips. Ability to travel and see different cities accross Canada. One of the cleanest moving companies around. Good quality. Good people.

really good place to work

AMJ is a moving company so a typical day at work would be helping someone move all their belongings to their new home. The hours were long and great, lots of heavy lifting and some long days but the pay was great and sometimes you would even get tips. i worked with a friend and his co worker and they were great, easy to get along with and i enjoyed my time working there. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were careful so that you didn't damage any property, some of the furniture can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be pay day because its the most rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMJ Campbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement