AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

People try to be nice when they need you for the work cause no one wake up at 4:30am and start work at 5:50am after getting call early in the morning but when it comes to get paid it took months and over
Was a good place to work for till new owners took over. Original owners and managers were great, then new ownership took over and it became an unethically militant nightmare. No respect for employees, no clear direction.... to be honest most employees where made to be embarrassed by bully tactics and threats...a complete unprofessional run place from higher management and unfortunately a lot of good people left. .
Pros
Cons
Everything, disgraceful to be honest.
Pay starts at minimum wage. Work is very labour intensive. Expected to take on more responsibility for little or no pay increase. (double shift, forklift operation, paperwork completion (customs docs, inventory, driver documents, container documents, ext.). Longest running employee makes slightly above minimum (less then 20/hr). Told no raises. And if you ask told no or to leave and be replacex.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No future
You are brought in with the promise of making good money, then they keep vital information like, holdbacks and charge backs that they claim are part of the "business structure", which are total bs. If you're office or management, you're treated better than the hard worker actually doing work and making less. Not worth it unless you really love being lied to and mistreated.
I worked as a helper with Amj They pay good Work is hard Management is good Everything will be time bound Everything is documented properly in this company
Dull environment but good work life balance. not much room for growth, more of a come in and do your job type of lifestyle. management was overall supportive.
Worked at Amj for four years ; saw many many come and go and only "preferred staff" getting frequent shifts and promotions. Be ready to get 12 hr weeks in the low season and random 42 or 45 weeks in the busy season ; take travel time out of your hours so it is difficult to get over time; many co workers are rude and abrasive. Not a good place to work.
Pros
New site almost every day
Cons
Irregular hours, never know what amount you will get paid the next week, shifts given out daily so you are left hanging day to day.
Not so much of a great culture at the office. Management is set on old ways of work ethics and not willing to change. Need a lot of improvement and change in attitude.
Only there for the summer but I felt like I belonged there. Fun environment. the hours were guaranteed and paychecks came out weekly. Glad I had the opportunity to work here
Large company, with many opportunities to grow and learn. Has offices all over Canada, able to relocate. Joined paramount in the US as a sister company which makes them an even bigger player in the industry
Long unpredictable hours, Physically hard on your body, no benefits Ability to make lots of money, long hours away from family, receiving tips , meeting famous people
Pros
Tips from customers
Cons
The one good thing about working with Amj is that they have multiple branches and sections so you dont have to be stuck doing one type of delivery, but the mangment and preperation of customer order's is not always done professionally
Pros
Weekly payments
Cons
Horrilble Managment
I've learned so much about the shipping and receiving industry thanks to AMJ Campbell. Management is always there to help you out. I enjoy getting stronger while working in a fun fast paced environment, and getting paid while u do it isn't so bad either. Hardest part of job is moving pianos. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday, and no day is ever the same. Typical work day involves the complete relocation of all household items including assembly and disassembly staging furniture. Assisting customer with anything they need that day. We do it all.
Pros
Tips, free lunches.
Cons
very professional crew and good working hours. wouldn't recommend for someone wanting to make a ton of money but overall decent place to work. .......
great culture Great manager level Great support great pay great xmas partys I like the support I received from my boss and office co workers. Great lunches where provided for us and BBQ at Summer plus a gym also !
Pros
good pay
Cons
older office building
This place is alright to work for, however there is really no room for career growth. Empty promises are made and nothing comes of it. The staff are nice and helpful as much as possible, the management on the other hand are not so much. They expect you to work overtime when necessary with no competition for your time or effort. To them we were all "replaceable" and they don't value the hard working employees. Be aware!! Not a place you can grow roots
Pros
Nice friendly staff.
Cons
numerous times I have gotten in trouble for not coming in when I never received a call to come in. I have had to go to the office to right there WRONGS. which in all honestly I don't mind too much. what I mind is that I have bills and a kid to pay for and I don't have money to waste coming down to Mississauga from brampton to straighten them up. I haven't had work in over two months for this reason
AMJ is a moving company so a typical day at work would be helping someone move all their belongings to their new home. The hours were long and great, lots of heavy lifting and some long days but the pay was great and sometimes you would even get tips. i worked with a friend and his co worker and they were great, easy to get along with and i enjoyed my time working there. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were careful so that you didn't damage any property, some of the furniture can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be pay day because its the most rewarding.
Very fun place to work at. learned alot about the home delivery aspect of the transport industry plus many other valuable lessons. liked the independent work environment...but the 7 day work week was very difficult to manage and balance work/life.
Pros
independent
Cons
7 day week
Unfortunately it was one of the worst work environments I have had to work in. The majority of the people their were in my opinion rather bias and perhaps even racist and very difficult to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
I was poorly trained, left to cover another employees duties without proper preparation
Enjoyable and faced paced work environment. Customer service oriented. Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. Reputable company with ethics I approved of.
Pros
Easily accessible by bus, hours are reasonable