AMJ Campbell logo
AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Work-life balance

Productive place to work for those who don’t mind hard work.

I like working at AMJ Campbell , my only problem is that they say no smoking but a lot of the workers smoke in the trucks, and I don’t smoke so it bothers me. I’ve said something about it to management but nothing gets done, so I have to worry about my own health because second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking your self, ex specially inside the cab of a truck. I’m tired being forced to work with smokers.

Pros

Free lunches around holidays

Cons

Not enough hours

Worst place to work

Aweful company everyone there lives for drama there drivers don't pay and they don't do anything about it worst company to work for just a huge joke

Awesome Place To Work

Great place to work, great coworkers. Paid every Friday, there is always work for the people that really show them they want to be there and work. No benefits though, and the 0.25 cent pay raise after busting your butt for months sucks a lot, but other than those 2 things, life at AMJ is sweet, they are one of the few that actually truly understand that family comes first.

It’s alright for a temporary job

Very little organization. Pay is wrong every pay period, there’s no training, managers complain and behave negatively in front of staff and customers. Not the kind of company you want to be at for a long time but is good for a few months if you need money while you look for something better. Truck drivers have to “help” in the warehouse 50% of the time

Excellent Manager

This company has the best manager team. They are very flexible with time off and adjusting to your needs. The environment is great and depending where you work you have really nice people around you!

Driver/Mover

Home to home delivery of furniture from customers including residential department as a team player. As a driver I managed 2 to 4 swampers (crew). Customers were not ready with the packing being completed, creating a long work day. The most enjoyable part was customer service seeing the customer happy.

Pros

The tips were nice to get

Cons

When the contract originally requested 4 worked and the company send only 2.

physically demanding

go to work to build muscle, ever day is a new challenge. it feels great to overcome the obstacles you encounter daily. you have to learn to work well with others in order to get the tough jobs done, and maintain a good attitude in order to get along. builds character and is a great job for young adults to learn about themselfs and grow

Pros

you get extremely fit

Cons

unpredictable hours

good place to work but they dont pay much consider all the work you do

I loved working here but they were very under staffed and I would work 10 hrs at the office and another 2-4 hrs at home I would also work Saturdays from home as well. I switched departments and the company lost the contract. if they hired more people I am sure they would still have the contract with home depot.

great workplace to work in.

Great work place to work in. The people you work with make it much more enjoyable to go to work. The skills you learn are adapted easily from the help of experienced employees who have the patience to help you.

Pros

flexible hours .

Cons

no consistent work schedule.

A very fun place to work.

AMJ Campbell is a very highly active company and they offer an environment where people actually want to come to work everyday. I would recommend this employer to anyone who is looking to join their ranks.

a job to get by

the work environment is very negative and takes a large drain on you and does not make you want to go back long hours and very little pay no benefits

job

pleasant working environment, nothing more will be said about this. Hopefully this is helpful to people looking for a job.

fun

its a great place to work. load trucks, move stuff. build office furniture. drive trucks. freedom.

Fun, fast pace

Usually I would begin by doing accounts receivables , morning meeting with President, arrange travel accommodations.Hiring or terminating. Making sure all moves were on time with right amount of people. Management was approachable but feel a little bit more open minded to changes would have helped. Worked with some difficult and some very good co-workers. Hardest part of the job was trying to put forth ideas to management for money saving ideas.Most enjoyable was the happy and friendly atmosphere.I was voted Employee of the Year by my peers (100)

Pros

employee rates on personal moves.

Cons

dealing with sexual harassments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMJ Campbell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement