AMJ Campbell

AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

It was okay until a lot of favouritism started and people start making false stories on people and it just got out of hand and they don’t pay the way they should be they pay what they feel you should get
Never seen a company so unorganized. Their warehouse is extremely chaotic, it's like a circus. They are quick to withdraw money from your paycheck for no reason and then say it was a mistake. They provide you with a fuel card, but on the other hand they holdback $1000 from your wages for fuel. Managers are verbally abusive. Horrible place to work, wish there was an option to give zero stars.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Way too many
Company has internal issues involving animosity between coworkers and managers, everyone talks bad about eachother behind the back. Office will mess up paper work for the job and then the crew is blamed and left looking dumb. Very little communication between management and employees, don't know if you work the next day until around 5pm so you can't plan anything in your life
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Long hours, lower pay than competition, poor management
They very supportive and respectful to not just me but to everyone that worked there and they are such great people. They are looking for hard workers but they also supported me when I was going through a hard time outside of work. I thank them for a great experience
The best place to meet new people get out go to new places get a good workout Learn how to deal with people Properly.keeps your vary busy in the summer
Pros
good workout
Was a good place to work for till new owners took over. Original owners and managers were great, then new ownership took over and it became an unethically militant nightmare. No respect for employees, no clear direction.... to be honest most employees where made to be embarrassed by bully tactics and threats...a complete unprofessional run place from higher management and unfortunately a lot of good people left. .
Pros
Cons
Everything, disgraceful to be honest.
I can not thank AMJ Campbell enough.In the interview I was up front about my rocky work history and they gave me a chance.I worked there for some time and it was very positive. I enjoyed working there alot. The hours varied based on the job of the day. There was always something new to learn / see.They were very understanding, and a fun place to work. Respectful and motivated. Some days involved hard work. But there was always the right tools to complete the move.
Pros
Relaxed, Focused, Time flies by, Decent pay, Room for growth
Pay starts at minimum wage. Work is very labour intensive. Expected to take on more responsibility for little or no pay increase. (double shift, forklift operation, paperwork completion (customs docs, inventory, driver documents, container documents, ext.). Longest running employee makes slightly above minimum (less then 20/hr). Told no raises. And if you ask told no or to leave and be replacex.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No future
The amount of physical labour for the amount of pay is not worth it. And you don’t even get 40hrs every week. Some weeks are 10-50 hrs. It’s so inconsistent and they’ll just replace you if you ever make a mistake or upset them. They don’t value you as a person. They’re greedy for money and that’s all they care about. Avoid this company.
Everyone there is easygoing and usually in a good mood every morning, a lot of solid workers there. Not many employees complain about work or management.
You are brought in with the promise of making good money, then they keep vital information like, holdbacks and charge backs that they claim are part of the "business structure", which are total bs. If you're office or management, you're treated better than the hard worker actually doing work and making less. Not worth it unless you really love being lied to and mistreated.
People try to be nice when they need you for the work cause no one wake up at 4:30am and start work at 5:50am after getting call early in the morning but when it comes to get paid it took months and over
You lifted a lot of heavy articles, physical fitness is important. Driving may be required. The workload was hard but, the pay was good. Typical day was preparing truck, then driving to clients and ensuring the safety of moved materials
Très bonne compagnie avec des gens agréable a travail avec.
I really enjoyed working for AMJ Quebec. Great team and management is supportive and fun. I learnt a lot from them. Salary and other benefits are good too.
Not much to say about this company other than they taught me how to do moving or commercial and industrial products and residential moving as well in a safe and timely manner and how to correctly pack and move thing's safely with or without a partner without damaging the property.
I like working at AMJ Campbell , my only problem is that they say no smoking but a lot of the workers smoke in the trucks, and I don’t smoke so it bothers me. I’ve said something about it to management but nothing gets done, so I have to worry about my own health because second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking your self, ex specially inside the cab of a truck. I’m tired being forced to work with smokers.
Pros
Free lunches around holidays
Cons
Not enough hours
Management is the worst, people come and go at this job, the boss gets in your face if you do something wrong and will yell at you in front of everyone, the pay is okay but it can be a very stressful job.
El personal es super amable, muy competitivos, super profesionales en todo momento
the company is slow pace, not a lot of work was available. The pay was not the best always waiting days after the pay day for my cheque. The work environment was not friendly
Great place to work, great coworkers. Paid every Friday, there is always work for the people that really show them they want to be there and work. No benefits though, and the 0.25 cent pay raise after busting your butt for months sucks a lot, but other than those 2 things, life at AMJ is sweet, they are one of the few that actually truly understand that family comes first.