Amico

Amico Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Keep check the inventory level with manufacture. Ask vendors to provide RFQ for the raw materials. Price analysis and select the supplier. Prepare blanket order for long lead time items.
Pros
Good place to start with.
Cons
Not much support
Please beware of this company. It only looks nice and flashy on the outside. But this place has the most toxic and degrading culture i have ever seen. The pipeline and source divisions are a absolute disgrace. Worst managers ever from top to bottom. Co workers are the only good thing. Low pay and even worse treatment of staff. See for yourself...the good reviews have been put by the inner circle. Trust me this place is a nightmare...here
Pros
Some co workers are nice
Cons
Pretty much everything...
I learned how can I prefabricate a hospital with engineering plan from process of order the parts util take off unites to the site and I learned Technic's of working in manufacture on prefabricated building continuously...
Horrible Management, Managed by a select few who control all the decisions... Very young employee base. No transparency and the Directors think they wear big boy pants and call all the shots. You have no choice but to follow the minimal training that you receive and absolutely there is no formal methodologies or defined procedures. Total Ma and Pa Shop that is growing to big for their diapers and have no idea how to implement a productive environment let alone consider any work life balance for their employees. Do not work here.
Productive and Fun Workplace place with Table Tennis. Very fast-paced and lots of learning opportunities. Work Good work culture. free Coffee and Fruits.
This company fosters a very toxic work environment. Training is very minimal and management does not do a good job in providing assistance when you need help. The pay is so insultingly low, especially for the amount of work that is piled onto your plate and the fact that the company is highly profitable. The owner is out-of-touch with his staff (save for the sales team - the prized possession of the company and the only people making any decent money) and as such, the rest of the company is believed to be expendable. The turnover rate is through the roof with people either getting fired for poor performance (again - little to no real training/guidance) or quitting out of frustration. You get medical benefits after the 3 month probation, 10 vacation days (which you accumulate over time) and just 4 sick days. Other than that, there are no real benefits to this company. Do NOT accept a job here if you're looking for a career and a workplace that cares for its employees. I would recommend this place if you're looking to gain more office experience, but be prepared for a negative experience through and through.
Amico is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees. Company provides many benefits including medical, sick days, continues education, free coffee and donuts, company lunches and many more. Company has very friendly environment and everyone is very helpful.
I personally like the people, however management needs lots of improvement. There is need for more professionals that know what they are doing .
Pros
free speches
Cons
Développer constamment de nouveaux clients et de nouveaux marchés
- Analyser les besoins des clients et proposer des solutions sur mesure

- Responsable de préparer et répondre à tous les appels d'offres gouvernementales et privé.

- Planifier et coordonner les activités relatives à la gestion des opérations courantes de l'entreprise

- Instauration d'une philosophie de gestion axée sur la qualité du service, la fidélisation de la clientèle et le développement constant de nouvelles perspectives d'affaire

- Voir à l'application des spécifications techniques de chaque projet ainsi

qu’au respect des normes de qualité et de productivité
Pros
tout
Cons
voyagement en Europe
start the day off by planning what jobs need too be done then the necessary tools needed to complete the jobs being done for the day. jobs vary throughout the day from forming, cutting of wood,placing and finishing concrete, backing up concrete trucks and basic clean up too keep a tidy and safe work site. Management would set out the goals for what they want finished for the day and me and my fellow workers basically do everything stated above. in construction there was never any easy jobs except for clean up but the whole day was enjoyable for me personally because everyday there was something either new too learn or something i've already learned but can get better at.
I worked mainly on the Herb Gray Parkway as a construction surveyor. I would be given assignments from existing ground topographical surveys to laying out of structures. This was performed with little to no supervision.

The experienced surveyors have taught me a lot about surveying and the proper techniques used to become successful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I am able to work with.
Great place for Experience. Learned a lot regarding product. Co-workers are great.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
large company
Good Company and have good orders on hand, lot of workers and will be starting 2 shifts soon
a typical day at work just got alone with everyone.everyone got alone and work as a team
I enjoyed working there and the only reason I left was cause I moved to calgary