AMICO CORPORATION

AMICO CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
The site is quite good. The only concern is when you work in the machines its a little bit noisy. Buit you will learn a lot on the machines. But generally you will learn by yourself. You should know something about a machine so you can easily adopt their jobs.
The one woman Director is very strong with her opinion. it's her choice or nothing. Your day will depends on which side of the bed she woke up. There are favouritism for sure and it's not based on your performance. Only get noticed if you're doing a mistake, and no recognition when you are doing good. Basic 2% salary increase yearly, even when the president said we are doing amazing and we are creating so much sales in every region. You will be on the bottom of the pyramid unless you are a sales person.
Pros
Donut day
Cons
Poor management
The supervusors and higher rank are the one"s getting good salary & opportunity to increase salary etc,while the production staff are given miinmum salary, unfair treatment by management..
focuses on production only and not quality, management do not care about the production workers, no workplace culture. lack of training on new hires on the floor
their work time 8.30 - 5pm , but because of too much work need to work until 9pm. and they won't pay for over time.
Not good management, there is too much people managing, we need to listen all, they all tell different ways to do.
Nothing at this point in time other than there is no real training! Not the place for me. Also, some of the people here always encourage you to ask them questions, but when you do they seem annoyed and don’t really want to help you.
Bad management with unrealistic expectations and no communication. Would not recommend working here, better off spending more time looking at other companies
Pros
Donuts on Wednesday
Cons
Unreasonable management
projects with no proper requirements. Though it turned out a good project but took extra time to build it. It helped me to learn 3rd party software integration.
free lunch and donuts days,
promote from within

lots of training,

great people on the floor

boss not very kind sometimes and more concerned about bottom dollars than its employees

low wage and hard work with no chance of increase
Fast-pace work place that has a lot of room for growth. Very demanding but a great place to gain experience dealing with various levels of management, general contractors, Medical Facility Management and vendors.
Poor management by one of the lady manger. She doesn’t know English and she is pretending like she is teacher and we all are her students.
Environment is like school . People need take permission even if they want to leave 1 min early....

HIRING AND FIRING is their part time job
First week on the job all I did was sit there and watch people work. Never asked me to give it a try.
Second week on the job, sat there for an hour and no one asked me to do anything or if I wanted more training. Barley even knew I was there
Learned and experienced in a fast-paced environment. Low income. Sometimes conflict at work. Work hard and balance with life. Low in kitchen and Lunch facilities.
I WOULD LOVE TO WORK.This is one of the best companies dealing with healthcare services. Currently we are covering 90% of Canada market . It has global operations
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Distance
Nice place to work. Management is not the best. A lot of competitions
But I have learned a lot from there.

used to be good, new management is worse.
The environment is great, the manager was nice. There is no pressure. You can take frequent breaks and free coffe. The environment consists mostly phillipnes.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
low wages
I like working for amico Corp. It's easy going job I do assembly I also help packing orders . The supervisor is nice I like to do hands on work. I like the company.
Pros
Free lunch and not pushy
One woman runs the entire company and all departments closely. Including HR. Too much micromanagement and no growth REAL opportunities. HIGH turnover.
Cons
micromanagement, no training, high turn over, no growth opportunities, constantly getting yelled at for no reason, not a career
Great Employees / Awful Managers

This is somewhere to come and get experience, then move on to a Good Company.

It feels like High School all over again. The managers have their favorites and make them untouchable.
The Amico Group of Companies develop medical products that enhance the quality of life and well-being of people all over the world by introducing new and innovative products into the marketplace.
Pros
Include Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Each and every day, we have new projects to receive and once we get the new project we have to target a specific time and date when to be done. Once the project is perfectly done, it is ready to deliver.
Pros
free lunch once a month and workers gathering