Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews

Fun working
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Thornhill28 May 2014
Very friendly environment, and i like the job to serve elderly people
enjoy staff and fun working place, fast past physical but fun work
5 Star Dining Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 April 2014
I have learned a lot about being organized. What it`s like to work with wonderful people who know how to work as a team literally. I love my co-workers. The hardest part is being on your feet for so many hours non-stop but its so busy that it goes by fast and you really feel good at the end of the day. Not like you sat around. Fills you with energy with being so phsical at work. I really do love it.
Pros
satisfaction, eating the food they serve is amazing
Cons
Hours are not ideal for a momma with kiddies at home
Over All wonderful company to work for
Casual concierge (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 April 2014
Only having worked at the company for approximately one month, it is hard to write a full review. The people (coworkers) at Amica Dundas are very friendly, helpful and professional. The pay rate is higher than expected in today's economy, and after a probational period there are benefits. You are required to provide a criminal record check, an immunization and vaccination screening, and acquire proper fire training and any CPR, First Aid, WHMIS certificates. The company will also pay for your uniforms, training and vaccinations you have not previously received. The residents within the building are nothing short of amazing. Everyone who resides at Amica or visits the facility is extremely nice, polite and helpful in any way possible if you don't know your way around.
Pros
Free dinner when working the afternoon shifts, higher than expected income, great work environment. etc.
Cons
being casual I only receive limited hours
Poor communication . High turnover. Lack of respect
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2013
Amica is a poorly managed company. Lots of closed door discussions. High turnover. Odd decisions are made. Lots of finger pointing and mistrust. Lots of drama and rude , un-kind behaviour.
Pros
Nice to work for seniors.
Cons
Low trust environment.
Hard work
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 October 2013
definitely must be willing to work really hard , certain times of the year it gets very hot or very cold in some parts of the building. some staff is friendly, not much advancement
Pros
wonderful residents
N/a
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2013
Amica was a nice place to work at. I spend 1 year for my career working there.
If you enjoy working with elderly people i recommend amica.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2013
Its a very good place to work, the hours are good, everyone is friendly there.
exellent team
Licensed Practical Nurse/Day-Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2013
Busy but interesting job, very supportive management, friendly team.
productive and very plesant place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  hamilton, on9 April 2013
AT time it's very busy with more than 150 resident's living in the building. however, working at Amica is like working with family. Administration and working with the staff is always amazing. very supportive and positive place to work with full scope to practice.
Pros
pain orientation, free education
Regional Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2013
This is a great company with a wonderful outlook on serving seniors in the community.
Pros
values, management
Great Company
Marketing Assistant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 December 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work the seniors within the community. I love working in the health care field especially in the seniors community. I was able to grow within the company and made me very knowledgeable within the retirement and health care field. While working here I've been able to enhance my skills with different computer softwares and advance my skills within administration, sales, and customer service.
Pros
loving staff, seniors, and families
Cons
lack of professionalism
I Work AT Egypt Air Hospitale
Nurse or nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 November 2012
First is receiving patients from nursing conditions night and then do I pass on patients to lose their situation for a new day and assess patient vital observations and work necessary for patients bedredden and the elderly and to assess the degree of awareness of the patient and
Factory read and note
Monthly writing table for nursing work
Pros
i love the nursing profession so i love my work in this hospital as it's high quality
Cons
general nursing in egypt does not take his position
Enjoyable work place
Rpn (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2012
Typical day would be medication administration, simple wound care, managing two buildings both with some depend and independent residents along with supervising psw that are working along side the nurse on duty. what have i learned how to multitask, most of the co-workers are enjoyable to work with and the hardest part of the job is not having enough time to get a break. Most enjoyable part about this job is working with the residents.
Pros
working with residents
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Senior Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.