Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Review

View all Amica Senior Lifestyles reviews

It was fine for the time being
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2019
It was a terribly easy job for me. Work culture is negative. Cliques already formed years ago so it will be hard if you are not the same ethnicity to fit in. It's purely about work. So go for the paycheck until you find something that fulfills you. No growth
Official response from Amica Senior Lifestyles
29 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am interested in speaking with you ā€“ if you would like to ā€“ about the residence where you worked and the culture you experienced. I can be reached at v.owen@amica.ca. Our company prides itself on promoting 6 of 10 department leaders from within the company, and we have active programs including Emerging Leaders to assist our team members in growing. I take your concerns seriously and Iā€™d be pleased to speak with you if you are interested.
-Valerie Owen, Chief People Officer, Amica Seniors Lifestyles

Other Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews

it was great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 May 2019
my work experience was great, the environment was fantastic and the people were amazing. it was a great way to get myself out of my shell. i have absolutely no complaints
Favouritism and absent/uncaring management.
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2019
There's a handful of problematic people in an otherwise lovely bunch. Unfortunately a few bad attitudes can completely drag down a department and make work unbearable. It doesn't help if we're consistently short staffed and management won't deal with their core problems (cattiness among employees, inability to find new staff at the hiring rate, high turnover).
I experienced a personal issue and I was met with nothing with grief. I asked for access to our EAP and was told I would be given the information on my next shift. I was unable to attend work due to a personal issue, I was going through a mental health crisis. I was given nothing but grief and punishment.
I can say I'm happy to be free of Amica, but it did teach me alot, and I do miss a lot of my co-workers and most residents, but my mental health was more important.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Senior Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.