Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Review

View all Amica Senior Lifestyles reviews

over all good
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
no room for advancement. been there for 4. 25 years
a lot of work must be compassionate and willing to do a good job, respectful and kind. treat others with the same kindness you want to be treated.
not everyone pulls their weight yet get paid the same.
LOVE the residents.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight ( does their job)

Other Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews

it was great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 May 2019
my work experience was great, the environment was fantastic and the people were amazing. it was a great way to get myself out of my shell. i have absolutely no complaints
Favouritism and absent/uncaring management.
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2019
There's a handful of problematic people in an otherwise lovely bunch. Unfortunately a few bad attitudes can completely drag down a department and make work unbearable. It doesn't help if we're consistently short staffed and management won't deal with their core problems (cattiness among employees, inability to find new staff at the hiring rate, high turnover).
I experienced a personal issue and I was met with nothing with grief. I asked for access to our EAP and was told I would be given the information on my next shift. I was unable to attend work due to a personal issue, I was going through a mental health crisis. I was given nothing but grief and punishment.
I can say I'm happy to be free of Amica, but it did teach me alot, and I do miss a lot of my co-workers and most residents, but my mental health was more important.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Senior Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.