Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Review

View all Amica Senior Lifestyles reviews

Unfair treatment of the management to the staff members. Unsafe to work.
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2019
It's not a good company to work with if you are looking for stable and permanent employment with a descent income. You need to bring your own working tools to be able to work properly. The management didn't care to the team member's complaints and grievances unless you are a friend of the managers. Lots of the employees are not happy, low morale and they are coming only because they need to earn money to bring foods for the family table.
Pros
Nothing is good
Cons
Working long hours without break time and no overtime pay

Other Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews

it was great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 May 2019
my work experience was great, the environment was fantastic and the people were amazing. it was a great way to get myself out of my shell. i have absolutely no complaints
Favouritism and absent/uncaring management.
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2019
There's a handful of problematic people in an otherwise lovely bunch. Unfortunately a few bad attitudes can completely drag down a department and make work unbearable. It doesn't help if we're consistently short staffed and management won't deal with their core problems (cattiness among employees, inability to find new staff at the hiring rate, high turnover).
I experienced a personal issue and I was met with nothing with grief. I asked for access to our EAP and was told I would be given the information on my next shift. I was unable to attend work due to a personal issue, I was going through a mental health crisis. I was given nothing but grief and punishment.
I can say I'm happy to be free of Amica, but it did teach me alot, and I do miss a lot of my co-workers and most residents, but my mental health was more important.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Senior Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.