Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews for Concierge

former employee
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 February 2019
I worked at Amica for a year as a concierge and the first thing I can say is the pay is terrible!!!, that is one reason why I left Amica. The management does not care about you at all especially if you do something wrong. The residents are lovely that was the only part of Amica I liked. My advice to you is look else where!
Pros
Residents
Cons
terrible play, terrible hours, terrible management
Great place to work!
Administrative Concierge (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2018
I enjoyed working with the management and team at Amica. Very professional and personable.
The residents were the highlight of my day.
I would recommend anyone wanting to work at Amica to be prepared to work hard, be professional and know the meaning of confidentiality.
Concierge
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 April 2018
I love working at Amica. It can get really busy at times, but I can handle it.
One of the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with the residents, and help them in anything they need.
I'm a casual employee, and I don't qualified for benefits.
Workplace culture is great, everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Rewarding Job & Amazing Community
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 March 2016
I began working for Amica one summer as a volunteer straight out of high school. Management were very approachable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the residents.
All staff worked as a team, from PSW, nurses and concierge we all made sure that residents were our number one priority. When I finally started working full-time as a night shift-concierge, the job became less social and a lot lonelier. Nevertheless, I am very grateful for all the opportunities that I was given throughout the years while working for Amica.
Over All wonderful company to work for
Casual concierge (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 April 2014
Only having worked at the company for approximately one month, it is hard to write a full review. The people (coworkers) at Amica Dundas are very friendly, helpful and professional. The pay rate is higher than expected in today's economy, and after a probational period there are benefits. You are required to provide a criminal record check, an immunization and vaccination screening, and acquire proper fire training and any CPR, First Aid, WHMIS certificates. The company will also pay for your uniforms, training and vaccinations you have not previously received. The residents within the building are nothing short of amazing. Everyone who resides at Amica or visits the facility is extremely nice, polite and helpful in any way possible if you don't know your way around.
Pros
Free dinner when working the afternoon shifts, higher than expected income, great work environment. etc.
Cons
being casual I only receive limited hours
Poor communication . High turnover. Lack of respect
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2013
Amica is a poorly managed company. Lots of closed door discussions. High turnover. Odd decisions are made. Lots of finger pointing and mistrust. Lots of drama and rude , un-kind behaviour.
Pros
Nice to work for seniors.
Cons
Low trust environment.