Amica Senior Lifestyles
Coronavirus update
Information from Amica Senior Lifestyles:

Amica Senior Lifestyles Employee Reviews

Canada104 reviews
Fast paced environment. Critical decision making while working with a great team. Management is so supportive and they are approachable when you need them.
21 May 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We appreciate your feedback!
I looked forward to this job and was disappointed when I found out the dining room was a joke,nothing but middle aged,micro managing gossipy women and a few younger girls with cell phones attached to their heads Virtually no clue how to deal with an aging clientele. Talked to them as if they were children and just barged into their rooms without knocking when doing meal service.
Thank you to the 3 decent people, though ,with whom I worked.And praise for the steps in protecting all who entered there with strict covid 19 procedures
Management bullies staff, staff can be manipulating if you aren’t part of the group and the staff often ignore the residents pleas for assistance. Under paid, over worked and staff are required to work in the dining room daily even though they are psws. All in all, until the manager is replaced, it isn’t the most ideal place to work.
Amica Senior Lifestyles is a really great place for anyone in Health Care to work. Staff at the location I am employed at are friendly, knowledgeable, supportive and collaborative. Management are eager to help you succeed, patient, kind, understanding, encouraging and overall very positive to be around. Endless opportunities for continued education throughout the year.
21 April 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Amica Senior Lifestyles. We are thrilled that you've had a positive experience.
Amica is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy my team, we always pull together and get the all tasks done safely, efficiently . Managers are down to earth. However there is NO OPPORTUNITY for advancement, growth...Which is very unfortunate as you lose very hard working, reliable, passionate, honest employees. As they seek advancement elsewhere
6 April 2020
Hello, thank you for reviewing Amica. We are glad to hear that the dynamics of your team are strong.
Our company prides itself on promoting 6 of 10 department leaders from within the company, and we have active programs including Emerging Leaders to assist our team members in growing.

-Valerie Owen, Chief People Officer, Amica Seniors Lifestyles
They will require a ( trial shift) 4-6 hours and not pay you for it....this is against b.c.labor law. WARNING do not accept a trial shift here unless you ask is if it is a paid shift
It is a rewarding job to work with the elderly, they have a lot that they themselves can teach you. Although, I find the management does not really care about anything other than you NEED to work when I say.
4 March 2020
Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We agree, working with seniors is extremely rewarding. If you'd like to share more about your experience with management, you can do so anonymously here: https://amicafeedback.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
management is very friendly, so are most of the co-workers, residents are senior people so they just need be handled with extra care and patience.
overall my work experience was lovely, will love to work again in future with them.
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We appreciate your feedback!
I use to work at Amica at Thornhill. This place is poorly mange. The staff will stub you in the back unless you are kissing up to management. The chef serves food that is old and there is a lot of Favourites of the chef he get to go home early and the chef punch him out. The Gm does not care about the residents. They are promised to be one on one care but it’s not 6 resident to 1 staff. Management Blair’s stafffor problems. If you don’t want to be stressed out or you are not phillipino you will get fired.
Hello,
Accusations of favoritism and time theft are serious. Furthermore, racism is not tolerated. We are sorry you had a poor experience with us and wish you success in the future.
I really enjoyed working at Amica. I was in a management position and was treated very well. The staff was amazing as was the GM.
I truly enjoyed the experience.

Sometimes things can get busy and hectic but the team would come together. Good work/life balance.
3 February 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us.
The team members are what made working there bearable. Management is POOR! Lots of favouritism and bullying, lack of respect. Bad behaviours are rewarded with things like: a paid day off or gift cards just to keep them from complaining, quitting or walking off the job. When you do a good job it was never acknowledged or praised but rather ignored. If staff or residents brought forth any issues to the general manager it was ignored and never resolved
3 February 2020
Hello,

Please know we take accusations of bullying, favoritism and the rewarding of poor behaviors seriously. Your comments have been brought to support office and residence management for review.

If you'd like to share more about your experience, we invite you to fill out our anonymous concern form here: https://amicafeedback.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Staff was always rude and management didn’t support the staff at all. No growth lots of favouritism. Would not work there again. They just don’t care
15 January 2020
Hello,

At Amica, we work to create a supportive and encouraging environment for our team members and do not condone favoritism. If you feel that this was not what you experienced, please feel free to share more by filling out our concern form here:

This form is anonymous.
I worked night shifts only so I cannot to describe whole work there.
I believe that team and management are strong there.

Most of PSW team has worked there for a long time which is a good sign.
Pros
Good team, fair management
Cons
Stressful job, low salary
15 January 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We appreciate your feedback.
Regarding wages, we conduct a bi-annual survey to ensure that we are a leader in private retirement care compensation.
All I have to say is the worst GM very unprofessional disrespectful to coworkers and residents the chef has know knowledge of food she even lets her pet leave at 2pm and signs the person out through the computer very they will only promote people who kiss up poor quality food a resident/staff found a finger nail in there food it was brought to the attention of the GM and nothing was done about it for a company to let things like this go it it shows you the respect and consideration they have very sad
23 December 2019
Hello,

Please know that we take any accusation of poor food quality very seriously and your comments will be investigated.

At Amica, we strive to create a work environment where all our team members feel valued and supported.
Enjoyed going to work, met a lot of wonderful people. Management has lots of meetings, not much is corrected. Residents problems are overlooked, workers were left to correct problems instead of Management addressing concerns. Safety & security is not a priority. Great place to work if you're part of the "Team leaders", otherwise kept out of the loop. Favouritism and advancement available to some but not all.
Pros
Fantastic Residents, benefits
Cons
Unappreciated
16 December 2019
Hello,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed going to work and were able to build relationships.

At Amica, we strive to create a work environment where our team members feel valued and supported, as well as safe.

LOVE my job with Amica!!!!! I go home everyday loving the sense of fulfillment and the joy I bring to the residents and their families. Management is amazing and my coworkers are just as incredible!!!!
16 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We are happy to hear that you are having a wonderful experience with us!
Company was good with old owner but as soon it was sold to Baybridge the quality of care vastly declined as did the quality of everything including food and care needs.
11 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Amica.
The quality of our culinary, care and recreation services are of the utmost importance to management. We are sorry you had a poor experience with us.
The management do not support the staff and expect a lot. The environment is very stressful and ones concerns are not dealt with in a timely manner. Also, the pay is way below cost of living and raises each year are ridiculous. Do not work for this company.
11 December 2019
At Amica, we strive to create a work environment where our team members feel valued and supported.
We conduct a bi-annual survey to ensure that we are a leader in private retirement care compensation. If you would like to share details about your time at Amica, please feel free to share more in a FreshDesk review, which can be filled out anonymously here:

I worked there 2 years as maintenance employee starting at $15 per hour and when our maintenance manager was forced out the department fell apart I requested a increase in pay for my added responsibilities which equaled $25 per week and GM refused lol
I did love the residents and I will definitely miss them
11 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Amica.
With regard to wages, we conduct a bi-annual industry compensation survey to ensure that we are leading the retirement living sector. We're sorry you feel that this was not what you experienced in your time with us.
Fast paced, work life balance and a little emotional at times but overall good starter job for a personal support worker or nursing student. The pay is lower then LTC but flexible hours.
19 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review Amica. We appreciate your feedback.
Job can be stressful at times but what job isn’t? DOW is respectful and fair. I will work here until I retire! I adore our residents and our care team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Senior Lifestyles. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9