Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc Employee Reviews

I have a work life balance
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 September 2018
So helpful with my character improvement about the job. Wonderful location and bright interiors are nice to have, but in the end, your main concern will be the care you get and the attitude of staff. That's what puts Amica over the top. They make you feel special, significant. You know you are their first concern and they are eager to include you in their community.
Pros
Provide food
Cons
Flexible work hours
Fun, great atmosphere
Placement Student (Life Enrichment) (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 August 2018
This is a 5 star retirement home. Residents pay a lot and will expect a lot! As long as you hear them out and make things happen, its fantastic. They are flexible on budget, open to ideas. The departments are not that cohesive though but the recreation department is phenomenal! Upper management from corporate seem hoity toity though.
Pros
Super duper recreation team
Cons
Driving a bus
over all good
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2018
no room for advancement. been there for 4. 25 years
a lot of work must be compassionate and willing to do a good job, respectful and kind. treat others with the same kindness you want to be treated.
not everyone pulls their weight yet get paid the same.
LOVE the residents.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight ( does their job)
Working with Seniors changes your life for the better
Concierge / Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 May 2018
The seniors help me see life in a different way and they are very hard to walk away from, every day feels like a new opportunity to learn more and improve. Unfortunately the company uses this to keep its employees, although very poorly paid, and a typical work day feels like performing under a microscope.
Pros
the seniors
Cons
the management
fun workplace
Part-Time Permanent (Dinning Room Server) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 May 2018
great management at newmarket amica
i like how everybody work as a team
the most enjoyable part of the job is serving the elderly
everybody is very professional specially my managers and supervisor
friendly environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Erin Mills, ON1 May 2018
this is a good place to work at if you like to spend time with seniors. Amica, in my opinion, is a good company overall. the workplace is fun and people are always friendly
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
Great place to work for hands down
RPN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2018
Amica is a family environment. We all look out for each other. We all have such great appreciation for each other and our roles. The PSWs are wonderful and they take such pride to make sure the residents are cared for. I personally love working at Amica. Everyone including the residents are just so wonderful.
Concierge
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 April 2018
I love working at Amica. It can get really busy at times, but I can handle it.
One of the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with the residents, and help them in anything they need.
I'm a casual employee, and I don't qualified for benefits.
Workplace culture is great, everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Great workplace great environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 March 2018
Great place to work, very fulfilling job with the elderly. Amica maintains a very clean work environment especially in the kitchen and dining room. Like the uniforms
Productive fun work place
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 February 2018
I am currently working for amica and it’s the best company I have ever worked for. The staff are incredible and supportive and the management is really hands on and deeply respects their staff members. Overall, fantastic workplace
Fun place to work because of the kind residents
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Worked at front desk for a short time, great environment, lots of down time - left because hours were 6 hours a day and as a part time worker there are no benefits or anything really for that matter.
Pros
Amazing manager, quiet environment, easy work
Cons
low pay, bad hours
Soul sucking.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 December 2017
If you like working in a toxic work environment where you are belittled and treated like a child. Amica has got it! Backstabbing ? Amica has got it! Non recognition? The blame game? If you prefer incompetence over experience and common sense All to save a buck. Apply here.

Side effects are burn out. Loss of precious time with your loved ones , damage to your self esteem, and PTSD from constant bullying from management.
Pros
1 Residents, 2 Some staff
Cons
You are just a number nothing more!
until they show their true colours (management that is)
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC28 November 2017
i was there for a few years found the seniority in h/keeping a joke, the back stabbers push you out if your not like THEM. They definitely are not easy to get along with. Do you think they remember what it was like when they started working there! Do not like people who cant take blame for their own actions.
Pros
loved the residence - they cared more for some house keepers and knew the hard-er workers
Cons
This seniority garb....we are all human beings - stop the bullying
Excellent company & culture
Regional Director of Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC Canada23 October 2017
Excellent company & culture.An industry leader in developing culture, growing internal talent and developing a sales culture within the entire organization. Would only leave to relocate.
Unprofessional Environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 October 2017
Horrible management. If you truly care about the elderly this is not a place for you to work at. Consistent concern about employees not doing their job was always brought to the attention of management but nothing was ever done. The pay is not worth the constant hassle and lies of better shifts and advancement.
High stress environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
The managers lack any of the required personal skills which is very important for the morale of the employees and residents.No matter how hard you work to bring stuff up to standard that was not there before, one is not acknowledged or appreciated for it.
The only good thing I have gotten from working for this organization are the work relationships I have built.A typical day at work can be quite stressful and extremely busy.
Pros
Amazing residents, Great location, Im not there anymore
Cons
short staffed, poor management, low moral, over worked, no growth
Interesting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 September 2017
It is an interesting experience depending on what it is you'll be doing. It is good for those who wish to work with the elderly and for those wanting to be come a nurse.
Not for a new grad
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 August 2017
As a nurse you are the only health care professional in the building. This is not a job for a new grad. You do not have the experience or confidence for this position.
Personal support worker,
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON27 July 2017
Typical day at work: went to work for 7:00 a.M. Continue working until 3;00 pm. Attending to the resident, bathing, assistant in dressing and undressing resdient. Listening to the comlaints, if any.

Through the years I learned to step out of myself and listen to the resident, I showed them love and compassion.

Management: thought I was one of the best psw, they knew. They trusted me with the resident, if there was a problelm I would try and solve the problem or bring to management.
The hardest part was lifting the resdient if they fell.
I love listening to the resident telling me stories of their past, who they were and what they learned
Pros
Good team
Cons
Sometimes double shifts
A fantastic place until recentley
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornhill10 July 2017
Amica has always provided a balanced work/personal life. Recently, after the takeover from Baybridge Senior Living, the mission statement and values from Amica have been lost
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not a great team any more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. Our community is ready to answer.