Amgen
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Amgen Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Great to work
Good learning and good work life balance.

Many complicated implementations

Learnt a lot in terms of Integration

Very helpful and friendly client.
Great work life balance and good supportive team . The IT management leadership has good vision and knowledge on IT roadmaps and products and the projects are strategically planned
It's a world renowned biopharmaceutical company, so overall it's a very nice place to work at. People are very nice and easy to work with. People are extremely talented.
I covered a maternity leave there several years ago and liked the laid back and open culture. Colleagues were very friendly and willing to help out. The one on one IT training was excellent. Where else can you work and receive personalized IT training?

My tasks were never routine as they were varied from day to day. My manager even let me create a procedure for the use of department equipment. Creating a procedure was a great learning task which I have been able to use in other jobs since.

This company pays very well. I was pleasantly surprised at my salary when I started. It was actually higher than what I was anticipating.

Would work there again if I ever got the chance too.

Only con - very hard to get a full time position as half of the employees are contract.
Pros
Great Culture, Pay and Colleagues
Cons
Hard to get full time position
Change is constant at Amgen, if you work in the US there are lots of room to grow, outside of the US, not many opportunities to grow your career.

Compensation is clearly above average for this company.
Pros
Compensation, Culture of change, interesting projects
Cons
Room to Grow
Great culture....many talented people to both work with and learn from. Excellent salary and benefit packages. Work life balance respected throughout the organization both locally and globally. Flexible work schedules/locations. A culture where promoting from within is put into practice.
Pros
Great work-life balance.
Cons
Long hours - high expectations although well rewarded.
Good place to work. Nice work life balance. Good employee facilities. Look forward to long term association.Very friendly colleagues. various employee activities.
Amgen was open to innovative solutions to their reporting environment. We implemented multiple solutions over the years and provided valuable insight to the sale force to enable more productivity.
It is a good company to work. Though it was a contract work. For me it was far that is why i had to quit. Overall it was nice working there
- work hard
- well supported by management (resourced, development, open door)

- tons of smart people

- good with science and marketing
Fast-paced work environment.
Training on new software and personal improvement courses offered by the company.

Knowledgeable, respected management team.

Co-operative co-workers ready to assist in cross-functional work.

Challenging projects, and the ability to work on projects outside of the usual scope of responsibilities.
Pros
Free lunches on Friday, Yoga classes on Wednesday, Massage at work, great benefits
I've worked as a co-op for the molecular biology team at Amgen BC. A typical day at work would begin with me checking in with my supervisor to have a pow-wow of the day's plans, confirming what I need to do that day. If I have some free time in between running experiments and logging the experiments in electronically, I would do more menial but necessary housework - stocking up on pipettes, checking on media quantity, etc. The molecular biology team was a great group of people to work with and learn from. They were patient and kind, and great to get along with, easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job for me was thinking a few steps ahead to know what to prepare for experiments; initially, I wasn't too familiar with the SOPs, so making the prep work my second nature took some effort. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I did become very comfortable with the general day-to-day workflow and got chances to learn skills that were not required by my duties.

Overall, I'm grateful for being given the opportunity to work at such a great company.
Pros
Friendly working environment, good hours
Cons
colony picking and spiking 96-well plates individually
Great development opportunities at Amgen.
Compensation amazing with stock options and good salaries.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Change came quickly
Short time with company, enjoyed every minute of my 5 month contract. Learned new skills and was treated with respect and courtesy by colleagues and managers.
Pros
best enivornment, good managers
Cons
needs a larger office space