AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Found 65 reviews matching the search See all 1,218 reviews
Case Manager positiom
case manager (Former Employee) –  Field13 May 2018
very attractive but will soon be disenchanted when you will be over loaded with work or extral hours to do as "part of your role". Not rare to do a 10 or 12 hrs day
Pros
benefits okay
Cons
management cilture defiicient - not employee wellness focus
very structured
Material Handler/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
We were doing pick and pack shipments for the company, so they could ship next day service. every thing was boxed and labeled,
for trucks the next morning.
Amerisource Bergen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 January 2018
great company to work for, I would still be with the company if they had not shut down the Kingston location. Great company to work for and would work for them again
Harassment
Shipping Receiving/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 January 2018
Harassment. Plain and simple. Pinching of my privates, slapping and pinching of my rear. Women acted like I enjoyed it. They didn't foster and environment in which I felt comfortable to come forward. They acted like because I was single I liked it. I would never behave this way at work and really wouldn't ever reserve the right to touch someone without consent.
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses
Cons
harassment
Terrible!!!
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 September 2017
This company either likes you or they don’t! The staff are cliquey and mood and under trained. The HR department is a joke! Management picks and choose the “all star” employee and then plays one against the other! There is no direction and people do whatever they want there.

Terrible terrible! RUN for the hills and don’t ever look back!!
Pros
Is there a pro?
Cons
Too many to list!!
workplace
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2017
its a very good company in Sri Lanka, mainly they are doing fiber exporting, agro chemicals and pharmaceutical. there is family management. working environment is very good.
Pros
discounts
Cons
8 yours
repetitve functions
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
I worked in the call centre environnement. i Hardly saw my manager. She was taking care of 7 projects and hardly any time for me.
I learned alone my position. I did research and assisted all my patients
Pros
Teamwork, great people to work with
Cons
salary, invisible management
Turmoil
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 May 2017
Always growing, which is a good thing, however growth means change. They lack clear direction and a strong vision of where the company is going. Too many changes without thinking them through. Lot's of A type personalities that want to make decisions without listening to feedback. I would not recommend for this reason.
Pros
good work/life balance, compensation, bonus
Cons
Not feeling valued, too much unguided change
see my resume
Dedicated Floater Wellness Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
see resume please, as all the detailed information on my role is completely outlined.
truly enjoyed working and interacting with patients to provide seamless service
Pros
worked from home
Cons
no SOPs
work remotely
Nurse Case Manager - Remote (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
This company really cares for its employees and about the service it provides. They have free training online as well as monthly in house offerings. They provide yearly reviews and salary increases, if warranted.
Pros
Benefits, Training, Management
Cons

Want to know more about AmerisourceBergen?

Ask a question
Great company
A/QPIC and QA/QC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2016
This company gave everything you would need to latch on and become a lifer. Room to grow, great benefits and steady work. Always looking to evolve and help their employees evolve as well.
The most unethical company I have ever seen
Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2016
Extremely unprofessional, horrible work environment for work from home employees. Bullying, retaliating, and no one there is qualified to be in their positions. Everyone does what they want, there are no rules and therefore you will get targeted almost immediately. The reviews are wrong, they have people quitting all the time. Stay away.
A great place to work
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2016
My typical day was busy and it kept you updated on the most recent software and my co-workers were excellent, the hardest part of my job was not being able to complete all my word within the day.
a fun place to work at
Receptionist/ Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
i loved working at this company. i was always learning something new everyday.i was very loved by everyone.i loved my bosses they were so nice to me.i was an invoicer,shipper and recivier
A very professional environment to work in
Pharmacovigilance Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2016
A very professional environment to work in. However, the strict timelines the employees work with do force one to feel the stress once in a while
work expierence
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
nice place to work. liked the atmosphere very rewarding. Management was good, but new director destroyed the company.
good benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2016
The benefits are very good.

The company does not have the option of working from home. That is a negative, especially in the wnter.
Fast paced, detail oriented, patient focused
Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 January 2016
A typical day consists of Working directly with internal and external client to report adverse events in accordance as per appropriate standard operating procedure and client needs. Extensive work with Microsoft Office programs as well as a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, fax, and scanner.
Pros
great people
Cons
strict timelines
"Don't believe the hype"
Innomar Strategies (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2015
Management is the worst. Inexperienced people are often hired and placed in these positions without any idea of true leadership. Nor is the company willing to train a manager to be a better leader. It is a very autocratic atmosphere. The managers push to get maximum efficiency from the workers and do not offer any positive reinforcements when a job is well done.

They continually boast about being leaders in the field in every meeting and yet there is high turnover (employees and managers alike). There is a glass ceiling. There market shares are less then their competitors.

Human Resources is equally inept. Complaints go unanswered and problems continue. Human Resources is not their to help the employees but only to help the few managers there suppress the front line workers. There is no help form Human Resources.

If you are not part of the popular group you soon find your days so uncomfortable you are forced to leave.

There are some really nice people there, teamwork is good. It has to be to combat the inept managers- (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). On a positive note your first year will be comfortable before the reality of the company sets in.

The reason I have stayed for so long is for the patients. Job satisfaction is high. Our job truly matters to the patients involved. We get help for the most needy, sick and pain-filled of society.

We are asked to advocate for the patients we have assigned to us, but don't REALLY push for any one patient though. Even if you QUESTION a managers autocratic authority, even to HELP a patient, it will quickly get
  more... you out of the popular group (and you could be pushed out altogether).

It is a building full of young cute employees. If you are not one of these then you will not likely be hired.

No monetary bonuses are given to a bilingual employee - you get to be on the French phone lines doing extra work then the uni-lingual for no added benefit.

[The mentality of the managerial hierarchy of the entire company is just 'gimme gimme'. For example, to show appreciation to all employees, food trucks were brought in. Employees were expected to pay for their own food... but 'pop' was provided by the company.]
Pros
Employees are given leftovers to eat. There is a healthy atmosphere.
Cons
No positive reinforcements or acclamations for a job well done.
Bilingual customer service representative
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville Ontario9 October 2015
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, this organization is very disorganized.
I was bullied and harassed by my Manager and Supervisor the second week I started. I reported them to HR, bottom line is I did not fit their culture....
Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
I beleive in the work
Cons
Very disorganized, never followed Policies and Procedures, Bullied and Harassed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.