Work wellbeing score is 57 out of 100

American Income Life Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Winnipeg, MB15 reviews

commissionincomesaleappointmentinsurancescriptbasedlead

Fun workplace, flexible hours, good pay.

I've been working with the company for over a year now and have learned ALOT when it comes to sales. They have amazing training and leaders that are there to help you any time of the day. Great paying job if you're willing to work hard. Amazing office culture as well, everyone helps each other out and it kinda feels like family. Fantastic benefits.

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, great culture

Cons

Weird hours. Commission only.

glad I took the chance

Applied to the company after seeing how well a family member was doing. I was skeptical at first, but now being a licensed agent and out in the field it all makes sense. It is not as easy as I thought it would be, it requires a lot of hard work, and especially at the beginning some fairly long hours. More importantly the people within the office, management and mentors make all the difference in the world and will help you succeed in any way they can.

Pros

Financial freedom, amazing culture, incredible mentors

Cons

Hard work, sometimes long hours

Insights into American Income Life

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Worth it

This company provides benefits I wish I had been offered when my children were young. The process of learning to get your insurance license and training to become proficient in the field is hard work, but definitely worth it. Not many jobs provide the income potential of this opportunity or the flexibility to set your own schedule. I really appreciate the mentoring and training, as well as the supportive family feeling of the office culture.

Pros

Helping others

Cons

Takes a while to get licensed and trained

great place to work and great people to work with

I was pretty skeptical when I first took this job because it sounded like it was too good to be true. Yes I had to pay for my insurance license up front, but now I am a licensed agent. With the mentoring and the teaching culture that surrounds everything that they do not only have I learned to become a better agent I have become a better person. I also have the opportunity to mentor others and it is really fulfilling to know that I am helping other people more than I'm helping myself. There is a lot of hard work involved but at the end of the day it is always worth it

Pros

mentoring, great pay, making a difference

Cons

long hours, hard work

Skeptical at first, but happy I made the change

After going in and hearing the presentation, I admit I was a little skeptical as the opportunity seemed too good to be true. But upon learning about the company and speaking to some individuals, I quickly realized that this was not a typical insurance company. I liked the idea of not having to friends and family prospect, which enables individuals to make high incomes right off the bat, providing they of course have the work ethic.

Pros

The harder you work, the higher the reward

Cons

Takes motivation and good work ethic

Glad I had an open mind- great training and even better people!

I was skeptical when I first started with it being commission. What I found though was that the company has amazing mentors who genuinely want you to succeed as well as a proven training program. This helped me to be confident in my abilities to not only earn a stable and consistent income but allowed me to work harder and earn more then I ever had working a salaried position within my first year. The office has a people first, family dynamic. Everyone is there to help and encourage your personal and professional growth.

Pros

Freedom to build your work around your life instead of life around work

Cons

First year requires lots of discipline and an open mind

not a great place to work

cold calling people sucked and they often wouldn't show up for appointments booked with the company. The training time is exceedingly long where another co-worker drives around with you watching you sell insurance.

Invent your own future

This company taught me so many lessons in leadership, management, and sales. The culture was incredibly competitive, intense, but at the same time everyone helped each other. Family oriented is the best way to describe it. Your pay is a direct reflection of your efforts. Most enjoyable part was getting to surround myself with amazing driven people.

Pros

Pay, Travel, People

learning different culture

You are what you want to be. the company has opportunities to grow but it is very tough to achieve. You can work hard and not get a pay just because you did not make a sale

Success relies heavily on you

This is a commission-based job that requires you to be very forceful about sales to make sure you get somewhat of a decent income. If you cannot make people buy things they do not need, expect to end up losing in the long run.

Pros

Travel

insurance job

Day starts with training and 8 hours in the field for appointments Learnt how to interact with people from various cultures Very helpful management Fun working with co-workers No base pay makes it tough sometimes Promotions and recognitions are the most fun patt at this job

Pros

hard work is always appreciated and recoginised

Cons

no base salary

Great opportunity for young professionals to learn Sales and overall skills that it takes to run a business

My six year tenure with American Income taught my invaluable skills when it came to understanding what it took to run my own business. Their mentorship with seasoned business owners provides clear and precise instructions on how to be a sales professional as well as how to develop you own employees. Within American Income you truly get rewarded for your self worth.

Pros

Unlimited Opportunity

Hard work and less compensation.

Good co-workers. Provided training. Rude and friendly customers. Passed my licence Booking night. Call every time and every day clients

Pros

co-workers

Cons

long weeks

Simple but difficult sales job.

This job requires a lot of time commitment. The potential for good earnings is there but is difficult to get started because it is a commission only job. Anyone who lasts for over a year would make very good money. The work environment was fairly relaxed and friendly and I got along with everybody, one reason is that the managers only hired the people that they wanted to work with. The most difficult part of the job was learning how to sell and maintaining high activity.

Pros

High potential earnings, good people to work for.

Cons

Long hours, no base salary, high initial investment.

Challenging

Being a commissioned sales person, if you don't sell, you don't get paid. This was a life insurance position and was very challenging at times. Not everyone wants to admit to their own mortality and think of the inevitable. Death and taxes right? It was my job to make them aware of such In the year and a bit that I was with them, I was one of the highest commissioned closer they had.Climbing the latter fast. I had a 80% closure rate.17 hours a day pretty much and the fact that my children were young/ my husband had a heart attach made me realize what was important in life, Money isn't everything. So long as you're happy in what you do and satisfy people then is's worth it.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement