American Income Life
Happiness score is 32 out of 100

American Income Life Employee Reviews

The job is not for everyone, but if you like people and have a good work ethic it is an amazing place to be apart of. Booking the appointments can really suck but the people who work in the Edmonton office are incredible.
Pros
Co-workers, potential growth, income, flexibility, you are your own boss
Cons
Not for everyone, booking appointments
20 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our AIL team’s success! We're glad you're enjoying the schedule flexibility, professional growth opportunities, and income potential we offer with a strong work ethic. Best wishes for a long and successful career with AIL.
This is a company that wants to use you for all you're worth. You can meet amazing people and make really good money, but the work is not easy. Its long hours in the car, traveling from city to city, no mileage paid, no accommodations paid, everything is on your own dollar. When you're having a good month, money flows like nothing. But a dry spell with no sales means that you don't get paid, even when you're spending money on gas, food and sometimes your accommodations, depending on where you go. It was too stressful for me to consider long term, but it might be a good fit for someone looking to put a ton of time and energy into building their career for a big payoff down the road (10 hour days, 6 days a week for the foreseeable future). Good luck! It wasn't for me.
Pros
Potential to make really good money
Cons
Inconsistent money, long days, high expectations
18 May 2021
Thank you for your review. We're glad you recognized the opportunity to make a generous living but disappointed that our agent position didn't completely meet your expectations. This position does require a persistent, sales-minded individual in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. We wish you all the best in the future.
I was hired by this company in August, 2020 and I have completed numerous amounts of interviews, zoom meetings, training programs (including acquiring provincial licensing, exams and related fees which are all paid out of pocket and add up to over $300) but have yet to earn a single cent due to extremely poor management and being told multiple flat out lies.They provided absolutely no support or instruction during the licensing process. Management (MGA's, regional directors, etc.) are all incredibly incompetent; for example, I was told in August when I was hired that it would take "no longer than a month to begin making sales with the company". Having been a manager in the past, I would NEVER disclose information to any of my employees if I am unsure of it. They focus far too much energy on trying to come off as a "cool" company to work for; as a result, the managers all act very unprofessionally and take up most of the meetings with bad dad jokes.
Pros
The POTENTIAL to make a decent amount of money
Cons
Requires provincial licensing: all related fees for this job that is paid out of pocket, No support or instruction during the licensing/training process, Requires multiple weeks of class training that is NOT PAID and improperly disclosed, Requires hours of homework and script memorizing on your own time, Management (MGA's, regional directors, etc.) are incredibly unprofessional
18 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our AIL team and customers. We’re extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. What you described does not represent our training, hiring, or management style and we apologize if you weren't given the proper support or misled during the hiring process. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success at this agency. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
the managers are only concerned with numbers. If you leave any item unsold, someone else will go sell to them and take that client away from you. You never have rest or a day off. From money Monday at noon, to Sunday night,, full time. Hardest 50 thousand dollar job you can ever find!
Pros
paid every Thursday
Cons
85 to 100 hour week
If you are ready to work for free for the beginning until you get the hang of the job, this is a great opportunity!Long hours, No pay unless you make a sale, and then you have to memorize a long script word per word ... Bonne Chance mes amis!!!Everyone keeps talking about how you can make six figure income....That is really not realistic...It doesn't apply to everyone.
Pros
Your your own boss
Cons
Could possibly work for free until you make a sale
15 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback. This agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent, and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
I love the commission base structure you put in the effort you make the commissions and after one year your renewals. Great company to work for.Let me be honest this job is not for those who cannot see the future benefits of putting in your hard work for the first year to build your renewal incomes. I love the fact I am in charge of my pay cheque if I do not put in the work I do not make as much money as when I do put in the work. I love the flexibility of the hours to work around my health issues, now that everything is virtual. Leads are provided and it is up to you to make them successful never prejudge a lead, insurance companies do not give you leads but American Income does.The training is fun and yes a bit stressing at times so you must have a dedication for success. I love the management team and the support that head office gives with all the training calls each week. You are never alone on this journey.Being positive and knowing you are helping to protect families each and everyday should make this job the best in the world. We have Opportunity Unlimited you are only limited by your own limitations so do not put limits on yourself.Learning a new skill can be challenging and reward at the same time give yourself the opportunity to see where this opportunity can take you and your family.Best decision in my life wish I didn't wait months to apply for this position.
Pros
Great training, support and mentoring.
Cons
Yes long hours but worth it.
Uses many old leads, mainly new free Will Kits leads, 50 plus hours- commission/chargebacks. Pay promises 50%. It’s actually 60% of the 50% plus chargebacks. You need to generate your own referrals and even then huge amounts of MODS that fall off. They keep a WhatsApp chat as a pump up and you are expected to go to conventions to advance your career, but you pay huge amounts out of your own pocket for this. Clients are told that they will be receiving their no cost benefits and an agent will be providing these. Once in the home, a 30 min presentation is given as a chance to buy insurance. This is where you make your ‘50%’ commission.
Pros
Learn about Insurance, protect families, learn a strong work ethic/organization
Cons
Example of pay 1000 ALP= 500 commission (but you only get 60% of that so actually $300), They promise the whole amount up front.
15 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We're glad you benefited from our thorough training program but disappointed that our Agent position didn't completely meet your expectations. This position does require hard work and dedication in order to succeed and is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding career both financially and personally for the right individual. We wish you all the luck in the future.
Real opportunity for personal and professional growth. It's a big company that allows you to work from home and meet clients in Canada and in the States. You will be surrounded by hardworking driven individuals. The workplace environment really promotes helping all those in need...clients, co-workers, strangers. Becoming your own hero. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to support my family...this business has taken care of their agents. I know so many people who have lost their jobs due to Covid...makes me really count my blessings. They don't cheat their clients/agents; everything is done by the book with total transparency for all. That's what I really appreciate. I've never had a sales job, so there was initial hesitation...but I'm so happy fate brought this opportunity to me. Continue to work hard, anything is possible. The opportunity is unlimited.
8 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We're happy you're enjoying the positive work environment and supportive team atmosphere that we encourage at AIL. Professional growth and opportunity are important aspects of our agency culture and we're glad you're benefiting. Best wishes for a long and successful career with us!
Lost my management job through Covid, after many months found AIL online offering a sales position.Throughout the whole process I have been supported by my manager and the training was very detailed.Through my new position with AIL it has meant more time with my daughter, no commute time and a better work life balance.I am excited about the future but you need to work hard and work when the clients need you as much as possible!
1 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you appreciate the thorough training program and the positive team atmosphere we encourage at AIL. Thank you for being an important and productive member of our team. Best wishes for a successful career and future!
3 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We're happy you're enjoying the positive work environment that we encourage at AIL. Having a strong support and training system for our Agents is very important to us and we're glad you're benefiting. Thank you for your hard work and contribution to our team's success. Best wishes for a long and successful career!
Filled with big financial promises, but almost impossible to achieve and maintain. No job or financial security as it is 100% commission, and money can be taken off of future pays if business changes. Expect to work 6-7 long days per week to be able to make an income. Coworkers are nice because they are also going through the same thing. They appear to try to hide the fact that they are insurance firm, both with their marketing as well as the scripts given to call the potential clients. Very shady place, avoid it, theres other ways to make money.
Pros
Open bar work parties
Cons
Zero work-life balance, low income, under delivered promises
28 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your experience was less than you expected. Every AIL agent is a valued part of the team and our leadership is invested in each agent’s success, personal development, and career growth. The situation you described does not reflect our AIL hiring style and we apologize that this was your experience. We invite you to send us more agency details to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can address this situation and prevent this type of experience from happening again.
1 February 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training or management style and we apologize that this was your experience. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
before AIL I was a college drop out. I was working a door-to-door sales job that was barely enough to pay the bills. then I decided to leave after an altercation that I had with my previous employer. then I applied for many different jobs. after about a week. I received a call from a manager at AIL inviting me to an interview. after going there and learning about the job and the potential it has, I was very excited to start right away. I did not see a lot of success in the beginning. after about a year working for AIL my life has completely changed for the better. I have great mentors and collogues that I consider to be my second family. this company has given me the opportunity to have a better life for me and my family. I honestly do not know where I would be in life if it wasn't for this company. I'm extremely grateful to be a apart of this company.
Pros
-growth -mentorship -accountability
You need to be patient and work hard. This job takes time to build up. If you have a job, I recommend you keep it until you build up your cliental with AIL. The benefits are charged back to you but they are very good.
Pros
You work hard you gelt paid wel
Cons
Not easy to get sales
16 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the opportunity to make a generous income that correlates with the amount of hard work and effort you put in. As you know, this career can be incredibly rewarding both financially and personally with a strong and dedicated work ethic. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.
I need to be well organized and stick to my schedule . Time management is a key to success. Follow the instruction to the word and the success is in my reach.
Pros
Free to set up my schedule
Cons
No place for procrastinators
Worked here for a couple of weeks and couldn't handle it anymore. The training process is horrible, the management doesn't care about the trainees at all. The training it's just an excuse for you to book appointments for your manager because they don't want to do it. You don't get paid for booking appointments. Once you advance to the stage in training where you can present to the clients you must register all the sales you make under your managers' account, and guess what, you don't get paid for that either. The management wants to use you as much as they can, and if you are naive enough to continue working from them and get "released", a percentage of your sales will go to them anyway. This company works as a MLM company and it's 100% commission-based. You will work very hard long hours and even weekends just to pay for your managers' lifestyle. Run away from this company before it's too late.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Terrible management, no one cares about trainees, long hours, no paid training
Very aggressive sales pitch. Commission based pay only. You book appointments under the guise of child safety kits, free insurance benefits etc but end up giving them a full presentation of AIL insurance presentation which presses them to buy insurance.
Pros
Commission based
Cons
Commission based
14 September 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our team and customers. This agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent, and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
You have to be some sort of finanical situation before starting in this companyNobody is on the same page when it comes to training'MGA is rude and is only worried about his self
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Commision Based
24 August 2020
1Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Every day you go to work not having memorized your five page long script is a day you don't get paid. The management makes you call people to set up appointments for them, and if you're "lucky" enough to go with them, you don't get paid. It's unlikely they will let you ride with them, so you need your own car. I lived in London, ON at the time, and before I really knew what was happening, I was going all the way up north to Sudbury. I was forced to make calls for my manager, who only brought me along for two or three interviews. I did not get paid for any of it, and as I didn't have my script memorized, I was doing the work for others to reap the benefits. I was driving out of town every day on my own dime, and on a month working there, I was paid once, and it was under $200. They only paid me so that they could fire me. Do not work here if you value honest work.
30 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. This career can be a rewarding experience with hard work and dedication but isn't a perfect fit for everyone. Good luck to you in the future and thank you for your contributions to our team and customers.
Lot of learning of sales skills ams management skills. Lot of focus on working leads you get referrals. All in all, a very good experience. Fantastic team mates with a good sense of healthy competition
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
23 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the thorough training and supportive work environment we encourage at AIL. Best wishes to a future of success at AIL!
Multi-Level Marketing company you need to build a pipeline to be able to make good money very nice work environment tho Products are way more expensive in comparison to other insurance companies, in result people cancel their policies once they figure out how expensive it is. then your business will fall and they cancel the policy. In the end, the company chargeback you and will take back whatever you made on that policy. You might sell 10000 dollars of policies and earn 7000 dollars at the end of the month but after a few weeks many of them fall and AIL takes the money back. Your managers will tell you that you have problems with closing and cementing the deal but that is part of it. the most important issue is the product. the price is not comparable with big insurance companies in Canada. it is too expensive and people can easily search on the internet to see that big difference and once they do that, they cancel the policy.
22 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. This agent position does require a self-motivated, persistent, and sales-minded individual to succeed and isn't for everyone. With the right person, this career can be incredibly rewarding financially and professionally. As with any insurance company, managers make a small percentage of money from their agents but we are not an MLM business. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors and thank you for your contributions to our team and customers.
Management is very supportive. Good training system. 100% Commission Based. Earned on individual's needs and capacity. Flexibility in work days. Excellent team support.
Pros
It is good place to work
Cons
No cons
15 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture, thorough training system, and the opportunity to make a very generous living while offering a valuable service to the working families. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.
Do not waste your time, they are scamming people. They used a "recruiter" on a job board to get me to apply. This recruiter and advertisement did not even have their name on it. I have looked into them before and knew they were an MLM. They are currently preying to people desperate to find work. This is a pyramid scheme in disguise. You did not even know what company it was until 10 minutes plus into their presentation. It was told it was a zoom interview it was not. It was an hour-long video saying how great the company was in that in 18 months you could be make $200,000 to $400,000 a year US. It is unrealistic even based on their own presentation if you actually follow what they are saying. Do not apply for this “company”.
Pros
Cons
This is a MLM
3 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more agency details so that we can look further into your experience.