American Income Life
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

American Income Life Employee Reviews

Canada312 reviews

Found 312 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,271 reviews

AIL is a company that helps people

AIL helps people. The best part was talking to clients and helping families. Team members are willing to help if you need it. Be confident, know your value, and do what you need to do!

Be prepared to work long hours

I worked at AIL for 3 months. Didn’t get paid a cent. They don’t pay for training, they don’t supply a company phone. You’re expected to pay for licensing and all your courses. If you can gut it out for that long and work that many hours for free good for you.

Insights into American Income Life

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and amazing work place

I love the work environment because everyone is willing to help you grow. It is a friendly working environment. Presentations and meetings are done virtually which makes working easy.

Work life balance, multi culture , Fancy office , leads provided by the company, equality, no discrimination, good management, Best place to work

Pros

Free leads

Fast Advancement

Great place if you want a fast track to high management roles. Full commission job, you must be all in to earn the pay you desire. Good positive culture.

Commission only, warm leads but lots of wasted time when they cancel

Commission only, warm leads but lots of wasted time when they cancel. Mostly evenings for appointments, but training throughout the day. Work about 12 hrs a day, for unpredictable commission. Work from home was positive. All meetings with union/Association members are by zoom.

You get out what you put in.

This job is definitely not for everyone, but if you can hone your presentation and communication skills and combine that with consistent and focused effort, the sky is the limit.Great mentorship is always available for those who seek it.

Excellent place to grow and develop

AIL is a wonderful breeding ground for young, ambitious sales athletes to develop their game to be drafted to the big leagues. Very big opportunity for the right person but requires a lot of commitment

Pros

Good pay & flexible schedule

Cons

Phone calling leads is a major part of the job and leads are drying up

Great company to work

Exciting Place to work, challenging with lots great mentors and people you can even call friends.You learn how to mange your time and business. The company provides lots of resources to make you grow and always willingly to assist in your growth.

Pros

Individual growth

Good company to work for

Generally speaking, it is a nice company to work for, but there are some challenges. One of them is that it is commission based but at the same time, the sky is the limit for making money. There’s only two problems with this company, and those are: the leads they give you don’t have any idea that they are going to be presented for life insurance, and some of them don’t even remember filling out a request for a Child Safe Kit. The next problem is that they don’t give you enough time to adapt to sales and have the opportunity to prove your abilities.

Great Culture!

Strongly suggest working for AO National - AIL. Best company I have worked for. I cannot see myself working anywhere else. If you are offered a position. Take it!

Terrible company

Never got paid for training. They make it seem better than it is. They want you to work 12+ hours a day, 6 days a week. No work life balance at all. Sigh

Pros

Cons

Excruciating long hours

OK job but 100% commission makes it hard to establish a stable paycheck.

OK job but 100% commission makes it hard to establish a stable paycheck. Even though the commission rates are quite high there are instances where you will not get a paycheque on a sale.

It is awfully and they have very scammy ways of getting people to sign up

It was very bad, they use scamming techniques to get people to sign on with them. Do not work with them cause it’s commission only and you have to work your butt off for a long time for a not so good pay out. I repeat do not work for them.

Pros

Your own schedule sometimes

Cons

Very scammy and a lot of work for almost now money cause it’s only commission

Deceptive and misleading. They often advertise for an office or administrative position and then it changes to you selling insurance

They tell you it’s additional benefits offered to unions and those who want additional benefits and they will come to you. But what it really is, is lots of Cold calling, they coach on how to manipulate people to buy insurance. Tell you they do benefits for police and firemen, but it’s volunteer depts and only those who want to supplement benefits and not in Canada. They advertise office positions and tell you that you need to pass your LLQP to understand the business and it turns into you selling insurance, then tell you the office position you were hired for is because you’ll have your own business and you do your own paperwork.

This was not a job for me

The job is fast paced and the training is all done by zoom. Opportunity unlimited but not for me.Training is intense and you are not paid for any of the training. 100 % commission job.

Pros

pay

Cons

long hours no family work balance

Not a good experience PERIOD

Once I had my HLLQP license, I was placed with a great team and an absolutely fantastic team leader who was very diligent in training. As I have already had years of customer service experience under my belt, I was confident (not cocky) about my abilities in dealing smartly with people in a polite, professional manner. I still required other training techniques which greatly helped improve my confidence and skill/mindset

Pros

Great team

Cons

Very competitive as the sales were forced on potential clients

Avoid it's a MLM

It's a Multilevel Marketing company. You will loose more money than you gain here. Stay away.They will provode minimal information to you so you don't clue into what they are doing. Also they use various names on Facebook and other job sites because more people are getting burned by them so they hide behind these namesVery shady company

Hard working place where if you put in the effort you can make it

Management is awesome, coworkers are there when help is needed. If you work your butt off then there is room for advancement and making good money. but there is also the chance of making not enough due to it being pure commission.

They don't tell you the truth about what the job truly entails.

Stressful place for you to work part-time. They want you to give up your actual job with the promise of easy money. The leads they give you even the union members are not qualified or aware of the products.

Pros

You get out what you put in

Cons

The leads are not qualified

High Paced

The culture is good although it is different for most to achieve a respectable living that pays daily costs of living. Not having a guaranteed income is difficult. Having a team under you is everyone’s goal but not easy to achieve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement