American Income Life
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from American Income Life:

American Income Life Employee Reviews

Canada264 reviews
Fast paced and lots of training
Fast paced, 100% commission be ready to sell. Leads aren't as "fresh" as they claim. Do your best to be an honest salesman for the good of your clients
27 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you benefited from our thorough training and fast-fast paced environment while at AIL but disappointed it wasn't a good long-term career fit. This position does require a sales-minded individual and isn't for everyone. However, with hard work and dedication, this can be an extremely productive career financially and personally. Thank you for your contribution to our AIL team and best wishes to you in the future.
Don't waste your time this is an MLM
Do not waste your time, they are scamming people. They used a "recruiter" on a job board to get me to apply. This recruiter and advertisement did not even have their name on it. I have looked into them before and knew they were an MLM. They are currently preying to people desperate to find work. This is a pyramid scheme in disguise. You did not even know what company it was until 10 minutes plus into their presentation. It was told it was a zoom interview it was not. It was an hour-long video saying how great the company was in that in 18 months you could be make $200,000 to $400,000 a year US. It is unrealistic even based on their own presentation if you actually follow what they are saying. Do not apply for this “company”.
Pros
Cons
This is a MLM
3 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our AIL agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management style and we apologize if you felt you were misled. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more agency details so that we can look further into your experience.
Don't bother. They sell you the job but are not honest.
I worked as an agent for 8 months. Dedicated a lot of time, money and energy. Didn't get paid for the first two months and drained my savings to stay afloat. You get paid on commission basis, and there is really good bonuses and benefits, however you do not have any work life balance at all! It really is like being a travelling salesmen. They say you are your own boss, but you really aren't. There is a lot of micro managing and management is very untrustworthy and dishonest, especially after your first few months "on the books". After three months management doesn't get as much a percentage of your sales and bonuses, so they toss you aside and pretend they are not taking the best of the leads you get to book from. Don't be fooled. You really have to be a work-a-holic to succeed. So if you are single and don't want a life, give it a try. Otherwise do not even bother!
Pros
Bonuses and training.
Cons
Micromanaging, unpaid training, management is dishonest and untrustworthy.
18 May 2020
We're very sorry to learn of your experience with AIL and invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more Agency details. This situation you described is not acceptable and not indicative of our management style. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Stressful sales
If you want a carrier that eats up your entire life, this is the right one!
You have to work the entire week, even weekends. Normally, you have to make lots of phone calls during the day, begging the leads for an appointment and see people door to door in the evening to push for sales.

The management puts huge pressure on you for results.
18 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry our AIL Agent position didn’t meet your expectations. This career can be a rewarding experience with hard work and dedication but isn't a perfect fit for everyone. Good luck to you in the future and thank you for your contributions to our team and customers.
Not the best
The job itself isn't awful, but so many of the sales agents are scummy that it tears you down and the sales tactics are also scummy. Leave the policy owners alone, they don't need to be up-sold with every visit. You should value the clients you already have instead of scaring them away. Also they hire you and say that you get to make your own schedule and you only have to come in on one day, and then after your hired they tell you, oh you can work anything BUT we expect you to work 12-9 weekdays and 9-6 weekends, you can take any day off you want, but we don't recommend you take THAT day off. They schedule meetings with super last minute notice and the training calls are repetitive and useless. The compensation for the job can be great, but working endlessly still doesn't actually guarantee you a pay check.
6 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our AIL agent position didn’t completely meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our hiring style and we apologize if you felt you were misled. We invite you to send us an email to AILfeedback@ailife.com with more agency details so that we can look further into your experience and take steps to improve our agents' path to success.
Employment Scam
Employment Scam - One manager will tell you something about your training pay, another incompetent person will come and tell you something different, the third one will reduce it to the lowest level possible, even below minimum wage - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ITS AN EMPLOYMENT SCAM !
Pyramid Scheme
Working to serve union members is a huge lie. You cold call union members regarding their accidental benefit certificate and pretty much force them into buying life insurance. You must make a sale the same day! There will be no work life balance as you will either be expected to be in the field or in the office till 930 pm cold calling people. The upper management makes money off your sales, so they keep pushing you to book 12 appointments a day!\
Stay away from them!
Scam
It's a pyramid scheme. I was part of a group "interview" but really it was her trying to sell us on the product and then we would sell under her. Manager's get a commission off your commission, basically they sell a lifestyle of the more you try the more you make and the higher up you get. There is no base pay and no good reason to join. Don't waste your time.
You get what you put in
If you want to make money, you have to put in the effort.

It hard to memorize the sales flow, but they analyze results in a very good way.

Everyone wants to succeed and wants their co-workers to succeed.
American Income Life is an insurance company that scams their clients and their salespeople
This company pushes life insurance "packages"; does not take into account the actual insurance that people need, just what makes them the most money. If a client makes a claim, the company doesn't pay out. The pressure to sell, sell, sell is intense, making multiple cold calls in a bullpen, etc.
Not for me
Self employed
Must study and write exam to get insurance license

Pyramid scheme - money you make pays who hired you and you hire your friends and make money off them

Cold calling first few hours of the day / atleast 50 calls

A lot of calling old leads that have already been called

Reading a script for cold calls and in customer houses

Selling product people didn't need just to make more money.
Deceitful to new employees, no work/life balance and an incompetent and often inappropriate management team.
Make no mistake by the phrases and terms they use when referring to this line of work and the company- AIL is a commission Insurance sales job, thus you are technically self employed. It requires the LLQP and provincial licensing exams to start the job- this is because you require a license to sell insurance. If I could describe my experience at AIL in a single word it would be, abysmal ! Management was incredibly incompetent and did not act or carry themselves with a sense of decorum or professionalism. There was only two positives to this job but many, many issues and cons. I was only working there a few months but my experience was horrendous.

Pros

1. we were encouraged to wear more casual clothing which is nice after working in a formal office environment.

2. The POTENTIAL to make an incredible amount of money

Cons

1. Require provincial licensing, exams and related fees for this job that is all out of pocket.

2. They provided no support or instruction during the licensing process.

3. Requires multiple weeks of class training that is NOT PAID and requires hours of homework and script memorizing all on your time.

4. Management (MGA's, regional directors, etc.) is incredibly incompetent; for example, they had failed to send my licencing off in time and were unable to communicate this to me during the process.

5. Field training is sub-par with completing only 3 days of field training before being released. The trainer them self was incredibly insufficient and provided instruction that did not meet reasonable standards

6. Commission only which
 - more...
Stressful and Misleading
Stressful job, the promises and claims made upon hiring is misleading and inaccurate. To use the management side of the contract you need spend additional time in hiring.
It was okay.
The job itself isnt horrible. If you like making phone calls for a couple hours a day, working almost 12 hours a day 5-7 days of the week for what MAY be no compensation (especially in the first month), then I'd reccomend this job. Thing is, once you get the hang of it and you can keep pushing yourself, you will earn money. If you dont like talking to people, if you are cynical, unmotivated, then this job isnt for you. It requires work ethic and the ability to push yourself. The hardest part is probably calling people and grinding through filling your schedule. Other then that you just present, then they buy or they dont, pretty simple.
Demanding job
100% commission job. Daily work is making phone calls to book appointments. Meet clients and close sale.

Work culture is not good.

Work on your own.
No clear direction to the employees
Management needs to review work culture, and promote positive environment....
Did not learn anything from the work experience, No-one cared to provide clear direction to employees
Scammers, Thieves and Liars
If anyone asked me if they should go to American income or get their insurance I would simply say no. American income is a company that doesn't give you a salary or hourly wage and is completely built around commissions. You will hear of many people doing well but in all honesty these people are only doing well because they have 5 people under them making money off all there sales. let's say you make 5 sales and make $ 2500 than within 4 months they all cancel. You have to pay back a large sum of the money you made to the company. Also if you leave the company you have to pay back a large sum of all the money you made while working there. People who stay there longer than 3 years are stuck
with the company because for them to leave would be putting themselves into a monstrous debt. So my answer to anyone who wants to know if they should go to American income i'd say NO!
Not for me
AIL is a solid opportunity for the right person. If you are making consistent sales, the compensation is good and there is plenty of room for advancement. However, I feel I was misled to believe it was a healthy work/life balance. Perhaps it is to some but I enjoy evenings and weekends off so I can spend time with friends and family. This was my first time attempting a sales job based solely on commission and it didn’t take me long to discover it wasn’t for me. The culture and people are great, as they are very inclusive and look out for one another. If sales are your niche I believe this is one of the better opportunities out there. However, for me, it was a lot of gas wasted and I was drained all the time, feeling like I had no time but a lot of that is because I wasn’t making sales. The course and training take about a month or so, so don’t expect to be making money any time soon.
Worst employer ever
Pressured sales tactics, unethical treatment of clients made it really uncomfortable to work here. Workers were encouraged to lie and pressure clients.
Pyramid scheme/MLM
This is a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. They tell you they will give you leads for willing participants, but then you find out these people were only promised free benefits and you have to upsell life insurance to them. This is an unethical business that prays on the poor and recruits people desperate for work.
long hours, without sufficient pay, shady coworkers and promises broken. dont work here period
its bs. bloiw smoke up your butt and itll cost you in the end. if I known then what I know now, I would never have accepted. its a pyramid. and the ones at the top get rich. just don't work here
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4