American Express

4.0Pay & benefits

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,245 reviews

Insights into American Express

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

I can talk for hours how great American Express is. The 19 yrs I was there they taught me to be the person I am today. With all my excellent skills and achievements, the training from both sides of the business. I want to say”Thank You” for the amazing yrs we had together. I just loved it. The competitiveness with meeting quotas to the customer surveys. The diversity of people I have met. We will be friends for,life. They use to call me the raise of sunshine. I loved my job. It was time of my life. I needed a change and open up my eyes and heart to let another job challenge me. Thanks for asking that question.

Pros

The people, management, the customers. I could go on....

Cons

Sorry no cons... if you are lucky and you want to make a change, that’s the place to go.

Productive and fun workplace

Great training and updated courses to meet the ever changing environment in technology. Flexible and excellent benefits. Great salary and room for advancement

Pros

overtime hours

Cons

Productive, challenging and friendly work atmosphere

Safe and productive work place environment. Flexible work hours with excellent benefits and commission. Respectful and considerate management and coworkers. Most enjoyable part of the workday day was achieving targets and highest sales in a competitive friendly atmosphere.

Pros

Frequent lunch and learn ecxperiences

Very Professional

Always care about the employees welfare. Compensation and benefits are beyond comparison.

Learned many techniques about customer inquires and problem solving. Company's culture and benefits were the great. Management was not very strong in terms of taking immediate decisions.

Enjoyed work

Everyday I Built a connection with customers and proposed different products and services based on their account history to help minimize their monthly bill and protect their financial credit Clarified financial charges, account details and benefits to customers Presented excellent communication & interpersonal skills for exceptional customer care Helped company attain the highest customer service ratings Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.

Pros

environment

Cons

nothing

A very professional and friendly fast-paced environment.

I have worked at American Express for 3.5 years.It was a great experienced though there was no work and life balance.I have benefited from different trainings which helped me to increased my skill base.Overall a very good company for work for except few things.

Pros

cultural diversity, great values and friendly environment

Cons

no work and life balance, low salary and no management`s responsibility