American Express Global Business Travel

American Express Global Business Travel Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
This position was extremely fast pace somewhat trying since consideration was not alway there to allow time to followup with completion of workload.
This position was a US account which I fund somewhat lonesome due to the fact you a lot of the time have no interaction with coworkers. I have worked in a virtual environment before however never felt as much alone as I did in this position. When it came to interaction with manager since they are a smart team environment very rarely was there contact with you accept for monthly followups.
Each day is a new adventure
I am learning new stuff about the Travel Industry Working at American Express has been an amazing adventure. My account has the best coworkers and managers. They are always there to help you. Each day you learn something new.
Great place
Very impressed with the product we deal with. A great vision of the company. Lots of communication and everyone is so collaborative. Recommend you to apply to a position.
A company filled with amazing people
A very collaborative work environment - with a true spirit of teamwork. Work life balance and great to be a virtual work environment which reduces stress and means no traffic to contend with.
Great Company
Excellent company to work for
Great benefits

Compensation are up to standards

Good positive industry

Possible advancement

Flexible schedule and work environment
Great work place environment and amazing team
Definitely challenging, but exciting. Daily work is different as last minute changes interfere and give you limited time to solve it. Great management and team support. Amazing and very useful network with suppliers. Cope with stress and pressure. Take part in venues organized by suppliers.
Nice experience
Challenging but nice experience.
Good team work - nice projects to work on.
It was a great run
Worked for American Express Global Business Travel for 12 years. It was a great place to work with great benefits. Unfortunately with the ever changing business needs it was no longer a fit for me.
Benefits
Cons
Not the greatest work life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Express Global Business Travel?
Awful company
Since they change from AMEX to GBT it went downhill. They don't take care of their employees that's been there over 15 years, we are the first ones they fired. Yet by the next year they are sending me positions to apply to ... hmmm
Only for my worst enemy
You are just a number here. Work/life balance exists only on paper, you get your (awful) shifts by bidding and if you cannot do it, go find another job, there's 0 flexibility. Now they have a system without team leaders, so solve your own issues, nobody is taking care of anything and nobody knows who is doing what. Salary increase is promised, but very poor, between 1-5% if you are a travel agent. Workplace culture is poisoned, most people work at home so unless you know your teammates, you will have 0 connection with anyone. People barely like to participate in office events about twice a year.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Too long to list
Good local team, senior management missing the mark
Great local team, senior management has been off the mark for the past couple of years. Value proposition and technology offered is not up to par or up to date with other options in the marketplace.
Pros
Excellent benefits and flexibility to work virtually
Cons
Market offering and technology needs a huge refresh
Great place to work with a perfect life balance.
Would definitely recommend anyone with a little travel experience to apply, if an opportunity comes up, wthin American Express .The job comes with rotational shifts and this way one can do their personal chores based on their shifts.Benefits /perks are added bonuses.Team leaders easily accessible.Get together programmes for all counsellors arranged/hosted by varios vendors-airline/hotels/car rentals gives an insight of the products being sold to clients.Overall a great place to work cause one would be learning a lot every single day.
Pros
Free FAM tours to see the the world and learn about these destinations.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Fun place
Check my daily emails, call center environment, corporate travel, management was okay. hardest part of this job was the level of stress. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing my co workers and socializing with them. Hipe events and fam trips were awesome!
Benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Excellent Company that cares for it's employees
I do love this company and it's a great job with benefits, however the work at home situation isn't for me. I need to be with people in a social enviroment.
Pros
no commute, wear what you want, life/work balance
Cons
work from home with no social aspect
Premium brand company with Fortune 500 customers offering excellent customer service in corproate travel.
A great place to learn in a very structured and professional environment. The ability to work from home was one of the biggest advantages. Many very smart people within the company to learn from but like most large corporations change can sometimes be arduous, lengthy and not always effective.
Pros
work from home
Cons
diminishing bonuses
Environnement de vente
Selon le département, devant l ordinateur et répondre aux clients rapidement mais avec qualités,difficile de satisfaire l employeur, beaucoup de produits de ventes et différents services inadéquats.
Pros
Bonnes assurances, bon salaire
Cons
Gérance
unstable
the "new" GBT can not seem to decide how the company should be run. Every week the entire process changes, management changes, little or no support. might be a good company in 5 years when they figure things out, but till then stay away !!!!
Was once a great working place, but it's losing it's edge
The company is focused on $ values only. Even though its official goals include developing exceptional people, this is not applied in reality. Education funds once available for all employees are now frozen for majority of employees. Salary increases are so minimal and new employees tend to get higher salaries than internal ones moving up the ladder. Bonuses keep decreasing, and advantages are lost one by one. Very poor informal culture and most relationships are turning into business-only between colleagues.
Nice place to work
Business was too slow.Got boring and tiring with the call centre environment! Got tired of the politics in the office. Answered phone calls for several corporate companies. Reservations for Air,Car and hotel's. My co workers were awesome! built relationships with Client's and travel coordinators. The hardest part of my job was cross skilling into other accounts then being asked to take calls when I was honestly not prepared with the new account's! The most enjoyable part of the job was building awesome relationships with my client's and travel arrangers!
Pros
Benefits and work schedule
Cons
Too many lay offs
Too much inconsistency
They treat you like a robot and never reward you truly for your hard work. It is nearly impossible to get any decent merit increase.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Terrible shifts
Working from home is great.
Good place.
I enjoy working from home.

I strive to provide the best customer service.

I learned to make and change reservations using Sabre (GDS) and through the online booking tool (Concur and GetThere)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express Global Business Travel. Our community is ready to answer.
American Express Global Business Travel Reviews by Location