American Eagle Outfitters
Information from American Eagle Outfitters:

American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Canada526 reviews
it was ok
shifts were always scheduled after mall hours but oftentimes didn't know when the shift ended. sometimes 1 am or 2 am. all depends if we could complete shipment. often times there were no room to back stock making it difficult on where to place inventory. the lead stock associate gave vague and general orders. doesn't even take the time to show you exactly where they want the inventory to be placed.
Pros
listen to your own music
Cons
management wasn't great
Great place
It’s a great place to work considering many of the workers are young. Even if it’s a super busy day it’s great because of all the co-workers. Managers are really chill as long as your getting your work done.
Overall a very fun workplace
There were a few scheduling errors and mishaps, but the management of the store was very forgiving and helpful. It was my first job and a very safe place to learn how to function in a workplace.
Good place depending on your personality type
If you enjoy working in retail and having conversations with strangers, then this is the perfect job. Its an easy job if you are personable, and can improve your interpersonal skills if you are on the quiet side. You get great monthly discounts and the staff is nice. However, the hours are not consistent, especially for new workers. But other than that it's good
productive and fun work environment
Working at American Eagle was a fun first job and I would recommend it to a friend. My fellow employees were all very fun to be around and easy to talk to.
Sastisfactory
The job is very competition due to the target system. The environment promotes diversity. The management is very accommodating, engaging and organized.
Ok working experience
The mangers were rude and didn’t listen to me, but the other employees were extremely nice. It was an overall ok experience working there other then the mangers
Not what it seems.
American Eagle tries very hard at being seen as an inclusive, caring work environment when it is in fact a place where you are forced to work unpaid overtime and endure bulllying from senior management. You are told one thing and then expect to do another. The district manager was incredibly rude - managers were uncomfortable asking questions and made to feel stupid. Manager turnover increased when she took over the district.
Pros
co-workers, well-made product, pay, 3 weeks vacation time, sick time, benefits, small matched rsp
Cons
unpaid overtime, unrealistic expectations, lay-offs, bullying from corporate employees, unsupportive district manager.
productive i enjoyed working at my favorite clothing store
i enjoyed working there because i learned how to interact with others and sell product for the first time. All my bosses and coworkers were nice and it was a overall great firstjobexperience.
District Manager is not qualified
Company started out great, such high expectations, some not realistic. Head office visits every 6 weeks prep for it was intense and highly stressful, the dm is not qualified, people from head office are like mean girls. There is no growth in this company. Good part time job, great benefits.
Never gave hours poor business
This company have poor business they were unable to give hours. Supervisors are fake people they don't face you when they can't give full hours.
They fake they have business and work but the company is in deep trouble with low business
Poorest place to work.
No respect team leaders are useless. Don’t know how to perform their jobs. Their product quality is 0%.. all clothes used clothes with dirts sending people reused clothes.
Great Management at Masonville
The experience of working at American Eagle certainly varies by location according to management, but I have had an excellent experience that has kept me around for over 5 years in the company.
Productive and a Fun Workplace
Since it was my first job, it was a bit difficult to transition into being a sale's associate. However, the management was really accommodating and helpful. They want you to succeed and enjoy working there.
Fantastic company
What can I say!? Best part time gig I have ever and will have. And not to mention the clothing discount is the best. Love love this job. What you waiting for?
Very few hours, a lot of expectation.
Every shift requirements are put in place that you have to meet and write down a little reflection of every shift; it's tedious and only around 3 hrs/week unless you've worked there for 3 years. Seniority is favoured.
Really fun work environment
Really incredible people almost at every American Eagle I've ever worked in they have really great personalities. Management works really hard to push you to be the best sales person and brand ambassador you can be. With retail there will always be hardship with hours as sales fluctuate bit I have always found that it you are team orientated and commit to your sales goals you are given more hours than those who don't. There is opportunities to grow within this team and your manager will have your back to get you to the positions you are reaching for. Overall I loved working for this company.
productive and a fun workplace with nice people
a typical day at work at american eagle was letting people into change rooms and making sure they have all the sizes they need but also making sure the store looks clean and presentable while making sure the customer always has a good experience.
Productive work place with stressful management
A typical day of work was very busy and fast paced. I found I did not receive much training before starting to work. I felt like it was an fine first job, but the management didn't treat their employees great.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking
Very fun with high customer service, ability to describe and adapt depending on customer. Need to be able to work with management but also able to voice concerns. Family-like atmosphere if you want it to be.
Lack of schedule
It was a good experience but they were not able to provide me with my schedule and didn't have many shifts. I can recommend this to someone who wants to work for less than 10 hours per week.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.
2K