American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 June 2018
Worked at AE for 4 years, great first job, but not a lot of hours unless you have a management position.

The job is generally relaxed and fun with the right managers, and there are other positions you can attain like jean experts and leads in different areas.

The discount is the best part!
Pros
great colleagues, good discount
Cons
not a lot of hours, management can be bad
Good working environment
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 June 2018
I learn how to talk and deal with different customers. Was able to gain multiple skills such as being a trained cashier, open and closing the store. How to deal with theft etc.. The more enjoyable part of working here is just the employees and managers because they are so accommodating with everything and relaxed however know how to get the job done as in get in sales for the company. Hardest part is hours get barely any hours.
Pros
Good environemnt
Cons
Barely any hours
Healthy and active work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
It was a fun job. It was productive, I gained a lot of needed experience. The workplace environment was healthy and engaging. Although flexible hours are required, it was worthwhile.
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2018
It was a great experience to have working in retail. I truely enjoyed working here for the short time that I was. I met some great people over the 5 months I was there
Fun environment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 May 2018
There's always something new to look forward to, even seasonal promotions were fun. The environment was great, though stressful at times, but the energy was always positive. Though sales quotas for the staff became a little to competitive, it was always good to know that there are people who are willing to get the job done.
Pros
Looking at the new clothes before they are on the shelves
A Day at American Eagle
Cashier and certified jean expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2018
It was a fast pace job when the mall was busy and it was never really slow unless it was closer to opening/closing times which is expected. There was always something to do and customers to interact with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my friends and being able to connect with customers personally. The hardest part of the job was the managerial organization, I found it to always be very disorganized and there was a lack of communication at times we needed it the most. Other wise working there was great, the job was great and the friends I made I love!
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Company Organization
Many people around my age.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 May 2018
I learned customer service and how to help people of all ages finding clothes. I enjoyed the interactions because it made work not boring. It was a very eventful job.
Pros
Talk to people.
Cons
Long time standing.
Employees well treated
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 May 2018
Employees typically treated well. Corporate runs frequent employee contests to help motivate the staff. Well built HR system for dealing in internal issues and employee concerns.
Fun and informal workplace.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 May 2018
American Eagle was my first retail job, and it introduced me to delegation of tasks, though it was much like a high school clique. The delegation of tasks was more like a list of chores, rather than a list of tasks to complete in a work place.
Pros
Fun setting
Cons
No learning
Energetic workplace
Stockroom Organizer (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 May 2018
Constantly changing staff of 60+ people
Unclear communication between coworkers and lead members
Workload didn't match hours given, too many employees for the amount of work needed to be done
my personal experience was bad
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
They hire a bunch of people for a week, pick their favorites, then fire everyone else. There isn't good comradery. The managers were very serious all the time and they want you to push sales really hard.
Fun and fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 April 2018
American eagle is the first job I ever had. It’s a very different and enjoyable environemt although we work at an extremely fast pace. Great experience
Worst job I've had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 April 2018
-Manager doesnt care about the staff
-Gives minimum amount of hours to a large staff to cut down on breaks
-Proper training has not been given to the staff
-Expected to be pushy to customers on uncomfortable level
-Told me i could have full time in interview but said only managers can be full time after hire
Pros
80% discount on certain items and can wear leggings or sweat pants
Cons
3 hour shifts
Great company to work for
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 April 2018
Love working for this company, great work environment and people to work with also love what this company stands for, always being trained to improve your work skills
American Eagle outfitter
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 March 2018
From this opportunity I learned a great deal about customer service and retail experience. The other staff were typically kind with the exception of some managers who were less than constructive.
Pros
great discount
Cons
bad management
Fantastic work culture and flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
American Eagle Outfitters is a fantastic retail experience for anybody who is considering applying. The actual work itself is rewarding enough and you will make great connections with other employees.
Typical but nice retail establishment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
American Eagle is a very eager and consistent place to work. There is usually the same amount of people in the store every day I had worked. Giving my personal opinion to customers was easy to help them find what they are looking for. And cash is always easy.
Pros
Cons
short shifts (3 hours)
good company
JEAN EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 March 2018
typical work day is okay. slow seasons make for long shifts. i learner to better interact with people. management could be better but over all not bad
Good First Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
Working here was great, however hours start to get cut off after the holidays do to lack of shoppers, so don't expect to get a great amount of hours in January. Hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with customers and providing them with them with the best possible service, but as you go on you begin to get your accustomed. Overall great experience, you learn so much about customer service through this job.
Fun Place
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Typical day at work was dealing with customers concerns and questions, selling to customers using American eagle standards and to keep clothing neatly folded and tidy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K