American Academy

American Academy Employee Reviews

Academically Rigorous

This school was well managed and had a wealth of training opportunities for it's employees. This was my first real teaching job and I will forever remember my time at American Academy.

American Academy

American Academy had a toxic work culture. For a positive, it is a rigorous school for students. As a teacher, I was given little guidance. The turn over rate for teachers here is extremely high.

Pros

Active PTO

Cons

Very little guidance

The director

This company is horrible the directors dont know how to talk to you they fake when parents come in they under pay there employees.. They be under staffed.. Just very rude at the end of the day.. The director all about money.. She cares absoultly nothing about her employees..

The experience that i get

It was good time i get more experience in different fields in accounting department They give me chance to participate new tasks that non- related with my accounting filed

Modern yöntemlerle cocuklara İngilizce

Kisa bir sure icinde, ilk okul cocuklarina eglenceli yollarla İngilizceyi sevdirib, oyretmek.

Pros

Neseli cocuklar

Cons

Agir is temposu

Excelent Place to work

Excellent place to work. Many activities. Pro students. Many different options for students to choose, like elective classes and afterschool activities. Nice Sport program for different ages. Helpful programs for students to achieve their goals.

Great Place to work

A great company that manages to support and provide all employees, with competitive salary, comfortable working conditions for teachers and staff and new facilities for students' progressive learning .

Pros and Cons

The pros included flexibility when making your schedule if you made sure to work during peak hours too. Training and teacher development classes. The cons were all the changes that the company had when I joined. They took away opportunities to teach adults and the payment protection program which guaranteed your pay as a teacher if bookings were low.

Teacher

Teaching English to children between 5-10 Teaching Modern Greek to children between 5-15 Working there for one summer season Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades

supportive department

Working day is from 7.30 until 2pm. English school which focuses on English GCSE and A levels. Selective. Large English department with good support to each other. Good IT. Excellent results achieved even though teaching to second/third language students.

Pros

Highly intelligent students.

Cons

Salary

Buen ambiente de trabajo

La empresa tiene un muy buen ambiente de trabajo y son muy puntuales en los pagos. Sin embargo, se puede ver que para crecer profecionalmente en la mísma se debe ser parte del grupo selecto del colegio.

Pros

Seguro médico privado

Cons

Políticas no tan claras

Workplace

In general the staffs are friendly, very organized team. We have a skilled Doctors which make us proud by assisting them. Compensation is fair enough.

Pros

Friendly Nurses

Cons

Their coffee shop is very expensive

Perfect opportunity to learn, provided everything to enhance productivity. Amazing facility, great faculty and amazing internships to enhance on the job knowledge

Pros

Satisfactory break time

Cons

I dont know what the american academy is

-Not sure what the american academy is, but I have not worked for them and I think this needs to be edited to remove the american academy from my resume.

Cool, relaxed place but low salary.

Not much career advancement and pay isn't much, but it's a nice place to work. Low staff turnover among locals and foreign employees. Great place to get your career started.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

salary

Worked through IES as a seasonal Intern

I worked with the curator of a local collection within the museum. My employment was part of an internship through IES Rome, where I was attending school for a semester.

Productive working place

It is quite good and comfortable place to work Nice staff Good atmosphere Nice managers Fun place to work and interact with students of all ages -Salary is low

Pros

Free wifi

Cons

low salary

Large workload, just compensation

AAFP has a good internal structure, and highly qualified staff. In some departments, the workload can be very high but the compensation was sufficient. The atmosphere was generally of good quality. The daily structure of the department was tidy and easy to navigate. Management was well-informed, well-qualified, and available when needed.

exhausted

They only pay by hours, no benefit at all. very pushing I don't like there. work in different location. and it's too cold in MN. A wife and husband company.

Stressful and disorganized

American Academy has a great vision but is disorganized in the direction they want that vision to go. It feels that the administration is very good at coming up with ideas but has a difficult time executing them or following through with execution. As a result, many of their employees are extremely overworked trying to uphold the increasing standards that the board expects of them. It was increasingly difficult being a science teacher at the school because it was a STEM school with high standards, however they did not guide teachers on how to meet these standards. I did not have any curriculum given to me or support given to me, so from day one I had to create my curriculum and sequencing from the bottom up. There was also not a mentor program, so as a new teacher I felt overwhelmed with the expectations that the job required. I stepped up to the plate year after year and did not feel that the board or administration understood my concerns about the discontinuity with the curriculum across campuses and the fact that there was no standard curriculum to go by. As a result, many of us science teachers have left the school that we all felt had an amazing vision when it came to science education.

Pros

Great co-workers!

Cons

No work-life balance, no organization, no mentor program, administration that is not qualified or has no degree or license in administration

Good for entry level employees

I like working here, but it's a very restrictive environment with little to no flexibility in scheduling and employees are not paid well enough for level of education/expertise. It's not a bad place to work, but it's not the best place to work, either. I have a job I like, but it isn't enough to keep me here any longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement