Amelin Property Management

Amelin Property Management: 11 Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Office management is nice however the onsite staff treated us terribly.

The most toxic work atmosphere we have ever experienced in our lives. The supers we were to replace treated us terribly. The assistants were no better. We were harassed daily. They would all sit in the office and follow us on the security cameras then tell our boss that WE were not working. The things they said to us and said about us to our boss are liable! No employee should ever be made to work in such a space. In the short time we were there tenant after tenant after tenant told us how much they hated how the supers treated the tenants. The contractors were rude to us or wouldn't speak to us at all because he had told them all lies about us before we even started. We were slandered, threatened, given zero guidance from supers, zero help, and then criticized by them for not knowing procedure after only our first week. We did not even have the password for the office computer until our 3rd day and it was our office computer! It cost us more to move in and then back out again than we earned while we were there. The office management was actually very nice to work for and the pay is above average however, our experience in the building was so awful that after more then 10 years we have changed careers. We would have been the best thing to happen to that building in years. We are good at what we do. Really good. Those 4 people are not. Not at all. They deserve each other.

Pros

Above average pay

Cons

Toxic workplace

Horrible Building Management

Too much time spent away from the building. Leaving everything to us. No important info passed on to us ... ie: contractors, elevator bookings, etc.. work in units being done backwards and improperly. One person sits in the office all day, playing around on fb. What in the heck do you have to do in the office for 8 hrs? The other ... well lets say he tries to create the illusion that he's working. Great salary, horrible resident managers.

Good pay lousy management

Good pay but management sucks! They have gone through 6 Superintendants in 9 months because the office management . They don't do their job and gossip ALOT about tenants and other employees , I'd stay away from this if you are looking for job security, you won't get that with this company.

Job easy to do

BEWARE-job security NOT there-overall job and life balance no issues, as is generous salary as indicated in their job postings. However, the unprofessional dealings with area Mgr & great lack of communication. Not open to helpful ideas or suggestions for a smooth environment. Six people in six months removed from their jobs. If are a follower on indeed there is always postings for Hamilton/Dundas area

Pros

Unprofessional of managers

Cons

Great salary/benefits

Great Property Management Company to work for!

Amelin is a fantastic property management company to work for! The owner provides a very generous salary with great benefits, and goes out if his way to treat you fairly. The office staff and contractors are helpful and accommodating. The job itself can be demanding and requires a lot of hours...so don't come here expecting to slack off. If you work hard and take pride I what you do, you will have a successful, secure career here. Highly recommend.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

On call hours

Not at all.who they say they are

They treat tenants ignorant. They speak badly about everyone They are lazy never do what tenants ask on time I.was fired for being gay . The owner doesnt shake womens hands. The managers dont do anything but talk about people and there private issues.

Cons

Ignoance not good staff liars agsinst gay people

Good owner, poor co-workers

Co-workers were lazy and not trained. Owner was very appreciative of work performed but was willing to listen too much to the other couple that liked to lie.

Fun and family atmosfere

Very busy but enjoyable. hardest part of the jobs is lack of weekends and the on call line never gives us a break. Poor property investment. Honorable company and easy go get into business agreements.

Pros

excellent co-workers

Cons

low pay rate

Was a great company to work for.

Continuous work effort was needed to accomplish each day. The management firm was very generous in the salary, and benefit area.

Very busy schedule working here.

Pretty much non-stop all day except lunches and breaks.How to take out a compactor with a tractor. A very professional management firm. The co-workers here were very efficient and organized in the way things got done, and the time it was done in. Doing townhouse units with the stairs and moving furniture left behind. The end of the day knowing most if not all your work was accompliched.

Pros

100% benefits

Cons

wages could have been slightly better.

I enjoyed working for Ameling Property Management

I found that the pay was fair and there was definately time for me to have a life outside of work, Alternate weekends were worked as well as having every other night off during the week. A Christmas bonous was also given to the staff and the property manager was very pleasant when on site.

Pros

two bedroom apartment and alternate weekends off.

Cons

no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amelin Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement