AMD Employee Review

Sad to see what ATI has become
SMTS DV Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2013
ATI used to be a great place to work. After AMD carved it up and took over the desktop graphics, it seems a lot of the spirit of ATI disappeared.
The work was challenging, and I wish I had stayed long enough to get a real feel for it, and for how management has changed since the AMD takeover, but I was around at a time when they were changing CEOs practically every other week. When the new guy came in, they famously laid off several thousand people, and I got culled before I really had a chance to dig in.
The rumor is that they go through hiring binges and then soon after go through purges. Many of the senior staff are very frustrated with the situation.
Pros
Senior ATI people still there - some great people
Cons
The company seems rudderless

Other AMD Employee Reviews

Worked as System Administrator
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 May 2018
The work culture is pretty good, flexible working from home and nice people willing to help everywhere. I met very knowledgeable team mates who can help you to mentor.
Pros
Improved knowledge and hands on skill
Cons
Low salary ranges
Hardware Qualification Engineer Co-op student
Hardware Qualification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 May 2018
ATI was just bought by AMD when I was hired as a cop-op student. The management in the hardware qualification team were very competent and super friendly. The salary was very competitive and they did not enforce very strict working hours as long as the work was complete before the deadline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

AMD Reviews by Location