AMD Employee Review

I was given the opportunity to learned and promoted. Management is fair.
Production Lead and Burn in Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA8 May 2014
The most enjoyable company i worked for and my hardwork, ideas and accomplistment were appreciated.
Pros
Being able to work independently on projects .
Cons
Laying off employees

Other AMD Employee Reviews

Interesting products and technologies, but poor work/life balance and no recognition
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2018
The products are very interesting to work on, a fun culture around gaming, but not very visible in the Markham office. Work/life balance is non-existent - many 11-12 hour days every week, some 12-13 hour days. Many consecutive weekends spent working from home or in office or on call. This lasts months at a time, with very little break in between. Lots of knowledgeable engineers and developers, but project management makes it hard to build products effectively. Overall, what could be a fun and rewarding workplace is made unpleasant because employees don't receive breaks or rewards for the hard work they do.
Pros
Interesting projects, fun culture, knowledgeable team members
Cons
No work/life balance, consecutive weekends spent working or on call months at a time, no recognition for hard work
Was a great place to work. The team in Austin is great.
SR MANAGER, CENTRAL DEMAND MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 February 2018
It has been too long since I've worked there. I do remember the team being great. Compensation was great. This was a fun place to work as they strive to catch the competition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

AMD Reviews by Location