Ambrosia Natural Foods

Ambrosia Natural Foods Employee Reviews

horrible racist management, they do not favour people that have a mind of their own and expect you to do tasks that are not required of you. if they do not like you, they will badger you down until you are either forced to quit or will basically just fire you. Dont get me started on the customer that shop here. the most entitled, racist, and disgusting people you will ever meet in your life. please do not work here for the sake your mental health. please.
Pros
cant even think of one well maybe early closing time
Cons
horrible management, disgusting customers
Worked here all though university - full-timers get health/dental benefits that are WAY better than school's. They also give actuall full-time hours, which is not common in retail (I know a lot of stores that give out 3 hour shifts). The schedule is really flexible and management are super understanding when it comes to school/work/life balance. As mentioned below, I think the negative reviews on here come from people who are lazy or have a poor work ethic. As long as you work hard, show up on time, and don't bring any drama, this job is awesome!
Pros
Coworkers, free samples, great working hours, management
Cons
Customers can be demanding
colleagues are wonderful, and it is a nice store, they have a lot healthy food, but the managers are awful, and they check your bags every days to make sure no one steal anything.
This is great place to get work experience. This is my first job and no other company would hire me. They give a lot of training and are available if you have questions. The staff are good, some I don't like but overall I like the staff. We get a lot a free samples and products to test, they have a lot of people that have been working here for a long time, I like that. Very welcoming. Shifts are flexible, especially with my school schedule. They are always willing to accommodate based on my schedule. My manager is great.
Pros
Give newbies an opportunity, when others wouldn't.
Great managers, very accommodating. Lots of training and growth. You get a lot of free products, benefits if full time, lots of direction. I love love love this place!
Pros
everything
I rarely post online but I had to post. Please ignore all these negative people posting. They obviously weren't good workers. I've been working here for over 5 years and it's great. These people write all lies because they have nothing better to do or they are mad. This place has group benefits for staff fully paid, free products, discounts, trainings, growth.... Love this place!
Pros
Growth
Poor sense of organization and leadership (from management), and not very welcoming. Co-workers were good though. Owners decided it was a good idea to leave expired food for employees everyday in the lunchroom. One day I bit into a mouldy patty. There are no ethics in place in terms of firing people and they wrongfully dismiss many. This issue should be taken to the labour board.
Pros
Other co-workers
Cons
Unfriendly managers and owner
I learned that its best to read employee reviews before accepting employment. The reviews on here are true and will save you a lot of wasted time and energy with Ambrosia Natural Foods. The management has poor communication and leadership skills. No direction was ever given. I literally could spend an entire shift doing basically nothing or spend it reorganizing an entire section. Guess what neither were ever noticed. How crazy is that. A lot of drama and gossip, extreme favouritism (the most I've ever seen in any workplace). You'd think a health food store would be a postive place to work but the workplace morale is very poor. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with sadistic owners and the constant fear of getting instantly fired for literally any reason. Also having to see GOOD co-workers getting fired for stupid reasons was upsetting. The most enjoyable part of this job were most of my co-workers, they were friendly, helpful, and had good humour. Lots of laughs in the lunch room.
Pros
free close to expiring foods, most co-workers, free samples
Cons
fear tactics, sadistic owners, favouritism, poor communication between management and employees, mice and rats in the warehouse
Depends what your position is in the job, for me I would arrive and start cleaning the tables and glass, then stock shelves and price products. The management is very kind, don't be shy!
Pros
nice costumers, co workers
Cons
Small store, not tons of space
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ambrosia Natural Foods?
The management was deceptive during the interview process in making the company seem like a great place to work...run! There is an extreme lack of direction and high turn over rate. Constantly firing every week and if asked to work more hours, you will not be paid for it. Management talks bad about staff and will easily dismiss you and/or ignore you if they don't like your personality. If you ask for direction, you will automatically be red flagged. It has absolutely nothing to do with work ethic and everything to do with being part of a clique. It's like a bunch of adults that are stuck in high school and didn't advance. The drama stems from the owners due to lack of emotional intelligence, professionalism and just not knowing how to act like decent human beings. Save your time and look for a real job, this one will be short lived.
Pros
Some of people that work there are great
Cons
Everything else
Awful company to work for. They fire you for any reason they can come up with. Customers were fine, but management is TERRIBLE. They lack communication skills to their employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Awful management
Don't even think of applying to this job...YOU WILL get fired for a fact. It could be the next few days it could be months it could be years, but they find a stupid reason to fire you. The management is disgusting, the owners are rude and don't give a flying F about you. You will slave and once a year they will tell you that they know how hard you are working which is bull. Their environment is gross and I don't know how health inspection keeps passing them.. Customers are EXTREMELY RUDE and ignorant. They don't supply their workers with proper attire for the winter (receivers) jackets and gloves and for the clerks that do freezers. They don't pay over time even if they ask you to work longer and they cut hours on your paychecks without you knowing. This a cheap, nasty company. Not worth your time.
Pros
good staff
Cons
horrible management, NO job security at all, poor system
Love working here. The hours are great, staff is great, a few have attitude, but you get that everywhere. The only place I've worked that gives a lot to the staff. The negative reviews are from obviously lazy people who don't like to work, talk too much, gossip and feel they are entitled to everything in this world. Maybe work instead of gossiping... If you are looking for a place that rewards hardworking people this is the place.
Pros
hours, benefits, knowledge gained
-understaffed -poorly structured -EXTREMELY lazy management/GM/no respect -owners are rude/self conceited -customers are ignorant/VERY rude -infested with mice/rats -no overtime pay even though they tell you to work overtime -management is full of politics -disgusting environment -employees do EVERYTHING -no job security All HARD workers are mistreated and your job IS literally like walking on eggshells. You're never right in any situation. You are literally forced to shut your mouth and work. It feels like a prison, there is cameras left right and centre, NO personal space and you only get 1 15 minute break working an 8 hour shift. They don't care about their employees. People WILL snitch on you so don't trust anyone there. This is a dead end job. EXTREMELY hostile environment. DON'T WORK THERE! The most enjoyable part of my job was getting paid....PRETTY MUCH. That's what kept me there honestly.. Don't trust anyone there.
Pros
good hours
Cons
horrible management/company
Amazing staff. I have met some of my closest friends working at Amborisa and even my girlfriend, so you'd think id love the place but the owners are some of the most ridiculous, loony people you've ever met. Ever single day id come to work to hear new stories about how someone had been fired...every shift... The type of people that will write you up if they dont like the color of the shirt UNDER your work shirt. It wasn't a hard job but the drama you have to deal with to just work a shift as a minimum wage clerk is absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
solid non changing schedule
Cons
extremely mean sadistic owners/you will be fired for being 5 min late more then once
The turn over rate in this company is extreme. Always firing staff for basically no reason or warning. Very dirty environment. The management has very little communication between itself and the staff. The owner has a terrible attitude and treats staff in a cold and dismissive demenor. Hardwork doesn't get you anywhere since there is practically no raises or room to advance unless you report on your coworkers. In general not a good atmosphere and not a fun place to work. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Zero Job security, poor management, dirty...etc
This company fires someone almost everyday with no notice because they make you sign paperwork stating you can be fired at any time. Everyone walks on eggshells every shift. If the owner doesn't like you no matter how hard you have worked you are still fired. This company has no professionalism and less maturity. A manager yelled at me in front of customers and they all turned around to see the scene. They only give raises to those whose who talk about their personal lives all day not the hard workers. Do not apply here please learn from my mistake. There is an ad everyday week for a reason.
Pros
Cons
Numerous
Management has little to no skillset in supporting their staff. Staff can be let go/laid off/fired with no notice and, if they question the reason, the staff member will be treated with much hostility, condescension, and even threats. Do not work for this company!
Pros
Most coworkers were supportive and friendly
Cons
Management doesn't communicate properly, staff seemed uninterested in being at work and/or helping the customers, was let go with no notice and treated with A LOT of hostility
Typical day is fairly monotonous with lots of work in the store's database. Frequent price updates, new products, and store sales on products. I set up the system and create shelf tags that correspond with changes in the store's database. Also do work on store's website to promote store's flyer specials, new products, and other content of interest to store's customer base. My job is pretty boring most of the time but does allow me to use my talents for computing to keep the store functional and help drive sales. I lack communication with customers since I'm in the back office most of the day unfortunately.
Very unwelcoming place to work because of co-workers I learned how to work at customer service The management is horrible and is all about politics if you aren't apart of a certain circle of people Hardest part of my job would be dealing with very rude customers Most enjoyable is working hard at my job and feeling good about it and being able to pass down my knowledge to other trainees You sign a contract meaning to be fired at anytime for no reason. So every day is a battle going in and being watched. (walking on eggshells regardless if your a hard worker).
Pros
Free Breaks, Benefits
Cons
Management, Disorganized, Co-Workers
- Management is not consistent: Raises are always promised but never given out properly - Co workers were okay, they made the job bearable - No room for advancement or growth, you are just another disposable worker
Pros
Structured working times
Cons
Management is not consistent