Ambrosia Natural Foods

Ambrosia Natural Foods Employee Reviews in Thornhill, ON

horrible racist management, they do not favour people that have a mind of their own and expect you to do tasks that are not required of you. if they do not like you, they will badger you down until you are either forced to quit or will basically just fire you. Dont get me started on the customer that shop here. the most entitled, racist, and disgusting people you will ever meet in your life. please do not work here for the sake your mental health. please.
Pros
cant even think of one well maybe early closing time
Cons
horrible management, disgusting customers
Owner is spoiled brat. Husband is lucky to marry into family. Total moron. Management very two faced. Don't understand how some of the current staff have stayed so long? A lot of good staff were let go. I'm sure they have their reasons. Do miss the parents who ran the company before. Karma is very unforgiving.
Pros
co-workers, customers
Cons
Sharon
Worked here as a cashier for 2 years. Never felt respected by management and concerns were always dismissed. Management is scary and cameras everywhere! People get fired left and right
Pros
Co workers were sweet, not really a pro but free food that’s expired
Cons
No positive feedback, catty management, no job security
A nice afterschool/summer job, pays well and the workers are nice. Management is mostly relaxed as of now (in the past they did have some rude managers). However the environment after awhile can get really boring and uninteresting.
Never quit your job for this job offer if you are currently working, they don’t care about people and their life, it was my first experience in an interview which the whole interview owner was telling bad about the previous accountant they just fired and I noticed they hire and fire people in a second but my fault I didn’t pay attention , they are not normal people( wife and husband) don’t trust them.
I worked at this natural food store for about a year. Not sure what I can really say other than it's a nice summer job. Store is small and I did the inventory for two sections: cosmetics and supplements. It was a fun job for a period of time and great to gain work experience but not something with a lot of promise
Whoever puts this is a fun and non stressful place to work with good management needs to get their head checked! They are all rude and dont care about their employees. ALL this company cares about is making their money. You are a slave to them nothing else. Management is rude and WILL talk.behind your back and throw you under the bus to keep their jobs. The good comments on this page are lies and I wouodnt be surprised if the management or owners were writing them to make their company seen worth it....its not. Dont work here its a waste of your dignity and time.
High turnover, but good work environment and good for a starting job. Locally owned health food store Not a stressful job, people are friendly and cooperative
The workload is dependent on which department you are in, but overall, it is what you would expect it to be. The management and staff are incredibly friendly and considerate. Flexible hours for part-time and full-time. Pros: Staff, hours Cons: Customers can be demeaning
Meeting customers that are health conscious and are very particular of the products that they buy. I learned to organized and know products. Managers are approachable and understanding.
Great first job. Management was nice and welcoming and more than happy to assist when in need of any help. Other staff and departments worked well with one another.
If you want to know about Halth, Diet and other impotant facts that can improve your life, thats a great place to work at! i personally learned a lot and will definitely recommend this store to all the people that care what they eat.
Worked here all though university - full-timers get health/dental benefits that are WAY better than school's. They also give actuall full-time hours, which is not common in retail (I know a lot of stores that give out 3 hour shifts). The schedule is really flexible and management are super understanding when it comes to school/work/life balance. As mentioned below, I think the negative reviews on here come from people who are lazy or have a poor work ethic. As long as you work hard, show up on time, and don't bring any drama, this job is awesome!
Pros
Coworkers, free samples, great working hours, management
Cons
Customers can be demanding
colleagues are wonderful, and it is a nice store, they have a lot healthy food, but the managers are awful, and they check your bags every days to make sure no one steal anything.
This is great place to get work experience. This is my first job and no other company would hire me. They give a lot of training and are available if you have questions. The staff are good, some I don't like but overall I like the staff. We get a lot a free samples and products to test, they have a lot of people that have been working here for a long time, I like that. Very welcoming. Shifts are flexible, especially with my school schedule. They are always willing to accommodate based on my schedule. My manager is great.
Pros
Give newbies an opportunity, when others wouldn't.
Great managers, very accommodating. Lots of training and growth. You get a lot of free products, benefits if full time, lots of direction. I love love love this place!
Pros
everything
I rarely post online but I had to post. Please ignore all these negative people posting. They obviously weren't good workers. I've been working here for over 5 years and it's great. These people write all lies because they have nothing better to do or they are mad. This place has group benefits for staff fully paid, free products, discounts, trainings, growth.... Love this place!
Pros
Growth
I learned that its best to read employee reviews before accepting employment. The reviews on here are true and will save you a lot of wasted time and energy with Ambrosia Natural Foods. The management has poor communication and leadership skills. No direction was ever given. I literally could spend an entire shift doing basically nothing or spend it reorganizing an entire section. Guess what neither were ever noticed. How crazy is that. A lot of drama and gossip, extreme favouritism (the most I've ever seen in any workplace). You'd think a health food store would be a postive place to work but the workplace morale is very poor. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with sadistic owners and the constant fear of getting instantly fired for literally any reason. Also having to see GOOD co-workers getting fired for stupid reasons was upsetting. The most enjoyable part of this job were most of my co-workers, they were friendly, helpful, and had good humour. Lots of laughs in the lunch room.
Pros
free close to expiring foods, most co-workers, free samples
Cons
fear tactics, sadistic owners, favouritism, poor communication between management and employees, mice and rats in the warehouse
The management was deceptive during the interview process in making the company seem like a great place to work...run! There is an extreme lack of direction and high turn over rate. Constantly firing every week and if asked to work more hours, you will not be paid for it. Management talks bad about staff and will easily dismiss you and/or ignore you if they don't like your personality. If you ask for direction, you will automatically be red flagged. It has absolutely nothing to do with work ethic and everything to do with being part of a clique. It's like a bunch of adults that are stuck in high school and didn't advance. The drama stems from the owners due to lack of emotional intelligence, professionalism and just not knowing how to act like decent human beings. Save your time and look for a real job, this one will be short lived.
Pros
Some of people that work there are great
Cons
Everything else
Awful company to work for. They fire you for any reason they can come up with. Customers were fine, but management is TERRIBLE. They lack communication skills to their employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Awful management
Don't even think of applying to this job...YOU WILL get fired for a fact. It could be the next few days it could be months it could be years, but they find a stupid reason to fire you. The management is disgusting, the owners are rude and don't give a flying F about you. You will slave and once a year they will tell you that they know how hard you are working which is bull. Their environment is gross and I don't know how health inspection keeps passing them.. Customers are EXTREMELY RUDE and ignorant. They don't supply their workers with proper attire for the winter (receivers) jackets and gloves and for the clerks that do freezers. They don't pay over time even if they ask you to work longer and they cut hours on your paychecks without you knowing. This a cheap, nasty company. Not worth your time.
Pros
good staff
Cons
horrible management, NO job security at all, poor system