Ambrosia Natural Foods Employee Reviews

Stay away
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
very bad experience. the management does not know whats going on, very unorganized. and they WILL fire you. all the previous reviews were correct, i wish i listened to them and found a secure job instead. it's such a waste of time. they hire easily but you will get fired. owners are rude and they treat you like trash.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no job security, expired food for staff, rude management, unorganized
Co-workers are knowlegdable and funny
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 November 2018
Meeting customers that are health conscious and are very particular of the products that they buy. I learned to organized and know products. Managers are approachable and understanding.
Fun
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 August 2018
Great first job. Management was nice and welcoming and more than happy to assist when in need of any help. Other staff and departments worked well with one another.
Nice people, fun environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON21 October 2017
If you want to know about Halth, Diet and other impotant facts that can improve your life, thats a great place to work at! i personally learned a lot and will definitely recommend this store to all the people that care what they eat.
Fun Workplace and Amazing Flexibility
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 September 2017
Worked here all though university - full-timers get health/dental benefits that are WAY better than school's. They also give actuall full-time hours, which is not common in retail (I know a lot of stores that give out 3 hour shifts). The schedule is really flexible and management are super understanding when it comes to school/work/life balance.
As mentioned below, I think the negative reviews on here come from people who are lazy or have a poor work ethic. As long as you work hard, show up on time, and don't bring any drama, this job is awesome!
Pros
Coworkers, free samples, great working hours, management
Cons
Customers can be demanding
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 March 2017
This is great place to get work experience. This is my first job and no other company would hire me. They give a lot of training and are available if you have questions. The staff are good, some I don't like but overall I like the staff.

We get a lot a free samples and products to test, they have a lot of people that have been working here for a long time, I like that. Very welcoming.

Shifts are flexible, especially with my school schedule. They are always willing to accommodate based on my schedule.

My manager is great.
Pros
Give newbies an opportunity, when others wouldn't.
Best place I've ever worked
Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thornhill9 March 2017
Great managers, very accommodating. Lots of training and growth. You get a lot of free products, benefits if full time, lots of direction. I love love love this place!
Pros
everything
Great place
Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 March 2017
I rarely post online but I had to post. Please ignore all these negative people posting. They obviously weren't good workers. I've been working here for over 5 years and it's great. These people write all lies because they have nothing better to do or they are mad.

This place has group benefits for staff fully paid, free products, discounts, trainings, growth....

Love this place!
Pros
Growth
Terrible place
Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 March 2017
Poor sense of organization and leadership (from management), and not very welcoming. Co-workers were good though. Owners decided it was a good idea to leave expired food for employees everyday in the lunchroom. One day I bit into a mouldy patty. There are no ethics in place in terms of firing people and they wrongfully dismiss many. This issue should be taken to the labour board.
Pros
Other co-workers
Cons
Unfriendly managers and owner
Waste of time
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON10 February 2017
I learned that its best to read employee reviews before accepting employment. The reviews on here are true and will save you a lot of wasted time and energy with Ambrosia Natural Foods.

The management has poor communication and leadership skills. No direction was ever given. I literally could spend an entire shift doing basically nothing or spend it reorganizing an entire section. Guess what neither were ever noticed. How crazy is that.

A lot of drama and gossip, extreme favouritism (the most I've ever seen in any workplace). You'd think a health food store would be a postive place to work but the workplace morale is very poor.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with sadistic owners and the constant fear of getting instantly fired for literally any reason. Also having to see GOOD co-workers getting fired for stupid reasons was upsetting.

The most enjoyable part of this job were most of my co-workers, they were friendly, helpful, and had good humour. Lots of laughs in the lunch room.
Pros
free close to expiring foods, most co-workers, free samples
Cons
fear tactics, sadistic owners, favouritism, poor communication between management and employees, mice and rats in the warehouse
It was productive and easy and you feel comfortable at hand.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 February 2017
Depends what your position is in the job, for me I would arrive and start cleaning the tables and glass, then stock shelves and price products. The management is very kind, don't be shy!
Pros
nice costumers, co workers
Cons
Small store, not tons of space
Stay Away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 January 2017
The management was deceptive during the interview process in making the company seem like a great place to work...run! There is an extreme lack of direction and high turn over rate. Constantly firing every week and if asked to work more hours, you will not be paid for it. Management talks bad about staff and will easily dismiss you and/or ignore you if they don't like your personality. If you ask for direction, you will automatically be red flagged. It has absolutely nothing to do with work ethic and everything to do with being part of a clique. It's like a bunch of adults that are stuck in high school and didn't advance.

The drama stems from the owners due to lack of emotional intelligence, professionalism and just not knowing how to act like decent human beings. Save your time and look for a real job, this one will be short lived.
Pros
Some of people that work there are great
Cons
Everything else
Former cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON28 November 2016
Awful company to work for. They fire you for any reason they can come up with. Customers were fine, but management is TERRIBLE. They lack communication skills to their employees.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Awful management
Terrible place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON25 November 2016
Don't even think of applying to this job...YOU WILL get fired for a fact. It could be the next few days it could be months it could be years, but they find a stupid reason to fire you. The management is disgusting, the owners are rude and don't give a flying F about you. You will slave and once a year they will tell you that they know how hard you are working which is bull. Their environment is gross and I don't know how health inspection keeps passing them.. Customers are EXTREMELY RUDE and ignorant. They don't supply their workers with proper attire for the winter (receivers) jackets and gloves and for the clerks that do freezers. They don't pay over time even if they ask you to work longer and they cut hours on your paychecks without you knowing. This a cheap, nasty company. Not worth your time.
Pros
good staff
Cons
horrible management, NO job security at all, poor system
Best place to work
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 October 2016
Love working here. The hours are great, staff is great, a few have attitude, but you get that everywhere. The only place I've worked that gives a lot to the staff. The negative reviews are from obviously lazy people who don't like to work, talk too much, gossip and feel they are entitled to everything in this world. Maybe work instead of gossiping... If you are looking for a place that rewards hardworking people this is the place.
Pros
hours, benefits, knowledge gained
Miserable place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 October 2016
-understaffed
-poorly structured
-EXTREMELY lazy management/GM/no respect
-owners are rude/self conceited
-customers are ignorant/VERY rude
-infested with mice/rats
-no overtime pay even though they tell you to work overtime
-management is full of politics
-disgusting environment
-employees do EVERYTHING
-no job security

All HARD workers are mistreated and your job IS literally like walking on eggshells. You're never right in any situation. You are literally forced to shut your mouth and work. It feels like a prison, there is cameras left right and centre, NO personal space and you only get 1 15 minute break working an 8 hour shift. They don't care about their employees. People WILL snitch on you so don't trust anyone there. This is a dead end job.

EXTREMELY hostile environment. DON'T WORK THERE!

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting paid....PRETTY MUCH. That's what kept me there honestly..

Don't trust anyone there.
Pros
good hours
Cons
horrible management/company
Worst company i have ever worked for in my life.
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  thronhill30 September 2016
Amazing staff. I have met some of my closest friends working at Amborisa and even my girlfriend, so you'd think id love the place but the owners are some of the most ridiculous, loony people you've ever met. Ever single day id come to work to hear new stories about how someone had been fired...every shift... The type of people that will write you up if they dont like the color of the shirt UNDER your work shirt. It wasn't a hard job but the drama you have to deal with to just work a shift as a minimum wage clerk is absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
solid non changing schedule
Cons
extremely mean sadistic owners/you will be fired for being 5 min late more then once
Horrible Place To Work
Former Slave (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 September 2016
The turn over rate in this company is extreme. Always firing staff for basically no reason or warning. Very dirty environment. The management has very little communication between itself and the staff. The owner has a terrible attitude and treats staff in a cold and dismissive demenor. Hardwork doesn't get you anywhere since there is practically no raises or room to advance unless you report on your coworkers. In general not a good atmosphere and not a fun place to work.

Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Zero Job security, poor management, dirty...etc
Fire employees very easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 September 2016
This company fires someone almost everyday with no notice because they make you sign paperwork stating you can be fired at any time. Everyone walks on eggshells every shift.

If the owner doesn't like you no matter how hard you have worked you are still fired.

This company has no professionalism and less maturity.

A manager yelled at me in front of customers and they all turned around to see the scene.

They only give raises to those whose who talk about their personal lives all day not the hard workers.

Do not apply here please learn from my mistake. There is an ad everyday week for a reason.
Pros
Cons
Numerous
Run!
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON8 June 2016
Management has little to no skillset in supporting their staff. Staff can be let go/laid off/fired with no notice and, if they question the reason, the staff member will be treated with much hostility, condescension, and even threats.

Do not work for this company!
Pros
Most coworkers were supportive and friendly
Cons
Management doesn't communicate properly, staff seemed uninterested in being at work and/or helping the customers, was let go with no notice and treated with A LOT of hostility