Ambico

Ambico Employee Reviews

Good enjoyable work.

This company is a local family owned company. The work its self is very decent. It's a learning environment with room for advancement. As for the management. They hire/promote, people whom should not be in the management/supervisor position. So they can save the time, money, and effort of finding someone who is fit for the position. And in turn it creates a very toxic work environment as the manager and or supervisor does not know how to deal with employees when problems arise. Supervisors and managers work off of gossip and hearsay and do not ask the person in question if there are any problems. The employees who are workers are all very decent people nice and kind. Some people are suck ups and backstabbers so if you ever get the opportunity to work here please be advised, some people do not have the best intentions for you and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. That is a handful of people out of the group of employees.If you work there keep your nose to the ground and do not get too involved with this company. I gave them way more than they deserved and I would have gave more, until I was let go.

Pros

40 hours a week guaranteed.

Cons

Horrible management and supervision

Toxic

Ambico is where lazy excels, good gets lots and great leaves for better places. Massive problem with people drinking and doing all kinds of drugs while at work. Management doesn’t seem to care. They also don’t seem to care if you show up late, leave early or show up at all. There are no repercussions for much of anything. The union is also absolutely useless. If you are thinking of joining this company don’t, the pay is not worth it. Also very little room for any real advancement.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Useless management, drug and alcohol abuse.

I loved welding for this company

The people at this company are wonderful, the job was intriguing, there were opportunities to advance, you didn't have to build the same thing over and over like on a production line, and I genuinely enjoyed going to work. Only left to advance my education.

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

Can be slightly unorganized

Very productive, friendly, and motivating

Very Productive, fun, and family oriented. It is like one small family. A very friendly work environment. Good Management, customer service, employee benefits, etc.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Too far from home

Ambico is a great place to work and learn new products. Every job is different in the fact that it is all specialty frames.It is also beneficial in that there is profit sharing and to see where these frames go.

Pros

bonuses and room for advancement.

Sheetmetal worker

the work was hard and the environment was nothing more than straight up not healthy. I didnt mind any of it regardless the pay was great. my trainer was roughly my age and didn't seem to like me.

Pros

pay

Cons

unhealthy work

Productive and educational place to start my career

A typical day at Ambico invoices, answer email and phone requests for products and or quotes/bids. Organizing and completing jobs from quote stage to complete. Ordering jobs and making sure inventory is kept stocked. We are a very small department so I have learnt to multi task and I am able to change task without warning and go back to the task at later date. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I was apart of making a certain building function, whether it be a redo of a bathroom or helping keep the Fire and Life Safety code up to standard. I also enjoy the daily interaction with customer.

Uncertain future

Most of the staff are friendly, yet for a company who builds custom doors the Eng. team seemed disfunctional. Always felt this under current that was not comfortable for me. So when the time came to further my education i jumped on it.

Pros

9-5

Cons

poor documentation

Ambico

I had a good supervisor at Ambico who taught me hands on training with several tools and power tools. A typical day would consist of rounding up any orders of doors and frames we have in. Usually done one at a time unless there are multiple orders going out in one day. Glass was also typically shipped alone in its owned handmade crate built to exact specifications so the product would arrive whole and undamaged. Some deliveries would be going to places in the U.S.A. on a truck so it was extremely important the crate was constructed thoughtfully.

Challenging and rewarding working environment

The management team at Ambico took me under their wings and taught me everything I needed to know regarding the door industry. Day to day challenges were always different leaving no room for boredom. I worked with knowledgeable staff who were all effective team players.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambico. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement