Ambassatours Gray Line Employee Reviews

An easy job made difficult by poor management
Wash Bay Detailer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 August 2018
I've worked here for the better part of a year and the atmosphere of the workplace has been in a constant state of decline the whole time. Simply put, the upper management of the company has a complete lack of respect for their employee's, this is especially true for Wash bay staff. The job itself isn't all that hard, but its made stressful and difficult by the aforementioned reasons. Would not recommend working here until some serious changes are made.
Pros
The work is relatively easy
Cons
Low end pay, few to no benefits, volatile workplace due to the ever increasing toxicity from higher management, sporadic schedules
It's just Fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 May 2018
I am able to drive the double deckers, road train and am training to operate the harbour hopper. This is not WORK and think I am lucky to have found a great organization. Best place I have ever worked!!!! All staff and management are incredibly supportive and are very approachable. Experienced staff are always more than happy to answer any questions for new employees and help with orientation. Office staff and mechanics are incredible (unsung heros). Lots of little nice things are done for the staff too - including the CEO personally delivering lunch to employees working on Thanksgiving day. I could go on more about this but you get the idea. HR policies are also very fair. Safety for employees and guests are a priority at Ambassatours and they don't cut any corners when it comes to this. If you are someone that is reckless and isn't able to follow policies, this company isn't for you. If you are looking for a way to make a few dollars, enjoy meeting great people and having fun at the same time, this is the perfect place to work.
Pros
Too many to list. Incredible people.
Cons
Mostly seasonal employees but then again, who would want to go on a harbour tour in the middle of February.
Horrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 April 2018
Don’t want a life this is your place to work! Management has no clue what is going on, and worst of all the ceo doesn’t know what’s happening within his company. People are under paid and will never receive any training to further their career.
Pros
Doesn’t have any
Cons
Too long to list
Great Team and Family environment
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 April 2017
Close nit community, great coworkers every body works together and the company is very proactive in keeping the workforce informed and up to date on upcoming and current events.

Dispatchers to a great job of working with staff and are very accommodating.
Pros
Great work place, New facilities, decent fleet, excellent and progress corporate culture top to bottom
Cons
Seasonal work. no benifits.
Ambasatours
Driver/ Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 February 2017
great company change and growth is important they are doing it well largest sightseeing company in Canada great people great drivers this is nuts why write it
A Good Job with a Good Company
Team Leader - Charlottetown Pier (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEI12 May 2015
I start my day early - usually at 0700, where I meet the other employees at the pier and prep their work day. Coordinators are given their assignments, and I then review touring information with the Guides. Once the guests disembark from the cruise ships, I make sure to greet them in a friendly island way, and visit with them for a few minutes before directing them to the appropriate motor coach for them to enjoy their time on PEI. I learned that this job is very similar in pattern to that of working in an airport - people coming in want to know where they're going, how to get there, and be able to easily get information and enjoy their time. My co-workers are wonderful people. Some have been with the company longer than I have, but they respect me in the leadership role and work together with me. The newer people that I have hired enjoyed my training style and are fitting in very well. The hardest part of the job is sometimes trying to fix a problem so the guests will have had an overall wonderful experience - sometimes it rains and I can't fix it! The best part of the job is the support I get from (remote) management, the ability to make decisions and direct the work flow.
Pros
Great time frame for work - I spend my winters in California, so seasonal employment is wonderful
Cons
The kiosk that we work from is a bit crowded and cool.
Great place to work, bright and fun co-workers and excellent and supportive management.
Tour guide (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2015
Great company to work for , great management and co-workers. Dealing with the public everyday, but always new experiences and people to meet. A great way to show off our city and province and you even get to wear a kilt to work!
Great People
Tour Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 July 2014
Enjoyable work, great management and co-workers. fun atmosphere.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Seasonal
Good quality working environemnt
Double Decker Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 October 2013
Busy yet fun working environment. The ability to treat fellow workers with respect and be respected.
Pros
Great family atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambassatours Gray Line. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3