Amazon.com Employee Reviews

I work for Amazon . Yes they are very strict about rules in safety for our sake . It is to protect us from any injury.
Fullfillment associate full time (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON2 December 2017
Safety is key to Amazon for our sake . Management is very supportive and HR is very supportive as well. . Love working for the company.. co workers are friendly.
No doubt the work is tough and long hours , but I feel if u enjoy working at a place ,time doesn't matter.. .
Enjoy the environment especially with the co workers
Packer (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 November 2017
Hi, I am updated/informed often by the company which I appreciate. This shows that Amazon wants everyone to be informed and are concerned for the safety of their workers. I enjoy the co workers' spirit to help enjoy the job more. The hardest part is traveling long distance and working 10 hours a day.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
10 hour shifts.
Amazon
Human Resources Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC25 November 2017
Turnover rate is high. You get in trouble for every mistake you do. Easier to leave Amazon and reapply to a higher position than to move up in the firm
Good work place
Various (feeder, diverter, puller) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 November 2017
It,s a good working place great pay a sportive staff, but looking local area job especially snow winter weather is coming. like to stay close to home and family.
Fast Pace and a lot of exercise
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 November 2017
Working at Amazon was great, all the free coffee and bottled water you want.I would leave my home to be at work before 9am. If you have to buy steel toe boots make sure you get a size larger than your regular size just to be comfortable.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Fast Pace
great workplace with amazing support staff
Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada16 November 2017
It was a great experience working at Amazon warehouse. Though, i worked there for a short time but this job again taught me how to work in a fast paced environment and it was great working over there.
Pros
Amazing staff and pizza parties
Cons
Heavy work
Zero tolerance policy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC14 November 2017
No matter how hard you work to prove yourself, you are never appreciated. They don't care how exhausted you are, you must meet the rate, if you don't you get warning, the third warning ...termination, even if you are regular employee with full benefits, so don't take it for granted you are secure. They keep hiring and firing. There is no second chance for mistakes you make, you will just guided out of fc..thats AAMAZON
Pros
Learn the hard way to make it in tough environme t
Cons
You are fired without given a chance. Unreaaonable
False Advertising
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 November 2017
After applying to a specific location and having the New Hire Orientation; that specific location two weeks following said it no longer hiring in that location but another still has ours available.

Keep in mind that everyone who got hired at this specific location has chose their hours. Those at the orientation from the other location too had choose their hours. So after two weeks they email saying that the only hours available are night shifts at the other location and not at the specific location!
Very Bad Management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC11 November 2017
The benefits and salary is the only good thing in there. The management sucks a loooot. They will hire new people and not even a month later, they will fire them just because they are not reaching the quota. I mean, they've only been there for a month and they will receive warnings already. It should be expected from them because they are still learning. It's like amazon thinks the people will do what they want them to do just because they work for them. And what's with the ratings??? It's bs!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Longs hours
verynice workplace, amazing and fun people to work with, and an overall supportive environment and staff.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2017
working at amazon is very pleasing, as the coaches are always helpful, and the community is always friendly. i enjoy every part of it. some days work may be hard, but hard does not mean unpleasant.
Fast Paced with no Work Life Balance
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 November 2017
Day to Day work is very routine with some projects. A very fast paced company. No work life balance with extended hours. Some managers would work 12+ hours on site and continue off site.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
No Work Life Balance, Long Hours
Not real
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
Pleas don't work at amazon , its not a great place to work for ..... They will work you to the bones ,I have to give a star to make a comment and if I could I would not .

The positive comments are made by the managers , they need you in order to get there promotions .
Pros
Just don't
Cons
No balance
Fun place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CA26 October 2017
I had a fantastic time working at Amazon. A great working environment. The process is easy to understand. The people are nice, the training and facilitators are perfect
fun and productive
Shipdock associate (Current Employee) –  yvr2 amazon.ca25 October 2017
friendly people. management is okay at most but i like working with people in amazon the most. warming family like vibe makes me smile everytime i work there
Pros
fun and interesting
Very physically demanding
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 October 2017
The job was very physically demanding and would not be fit for someone who can not continuously bend, squat, or walk for a long period of time. You were not allowed to keep your electronics with you in the inner lunch room.
I recommend to those with a great work ethic
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
A typical day at work would consist of independent tasks, that require lots of rest prior to commencing your day. I personally learned that this workplace is a very diverse, place full of amazing people.
demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  delta, bc1 October 2017
This place is the worse place to work. They treat you poorly and don't listen to anything you have to say. They are not a team company and only care about their rates.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Everyday is a new challenge
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA30 September 2017
Working as an Area Manager with Amazon Fulfillment requires you to be on the move all shift. Everyday you walk in with a new goal, and what you do is to motivate your team to make it happen. Always fun and never a dull moment.
Excessive micro management of staff
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 September 2017
Felt like I was in the novel 1984. Everyone is encouraged to watch their coworkers and report on any bad behaviours. This creates an environment of mis-trust. Would not recommend this place except to those who don't mind Big Brother continuously watching you.
Pros
encourage staff activities
Cons
always looking over your shoulder
Cutthroat and Heartless
Receiver (Former Employee) –  BC27 September 2017
Really displeased with Amazon's zero tolerance policy of mistakes. My second week I made three mistakes out of five thousand items scanned into the warehouse and got fired even though I was on time every day, am very safety-orientated, and showed lots of initiative. Their standards are ridiculous, communication among departments/management is essentially nonexistant, would definitely say that this is not a good company to work for. Don't work here.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
the hellish nightmare of this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K