Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Packer

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 74,839 reviews

busy fast pace

if team lead does not like you he is unfair the workers are to work withpay is not bad hours are a 10 hr over night shift ...

no good

the job position I applied for I started 2 days in it and was transferred to a different job position I never applied for then they told me one day I was not working good when I perfectly was even the manager told me I was the best they had there and they let me go saying a lie that I wasn't social distancing and suspend me saying I lose one-week pay

Pros

nothing pro

Cons

scammers and dont care for your well being

They just want their work done.

I worked at yvr3 the one in delta It was fun for the first week after that they want results Like at least 95% to 100% production. It is really hard to do the same thing for the whole 10 hours shift. And some supervisors and managers are bad. They dont care about anything Just production. I quit from there on my second week. The money is good. Lots of overtime.

Pros

Lots of parking spots

Cons

Only 2 half hour brakes in 10 hours. Its hard to work.

I would not recommend this place to my worst Enemy

you start your day going to your pack station and find that your station hs no boxes "first head ache of the day" spend half an hour filling your stationwith boxes instead of doing your job which is packing therefore your packing rate drops and if it drops you are fired.management does not help to solve the issue at hand .one example is theproblem that I just mentioned has been going on for the whole duration of my stay at Amazon which is two years.work place culture:there is a mix of cultures from different parts of the world different ethnic groups so its hard to make friends or get along with everyone.Hard part of the job is packing heavy boxes into an Amazon boxspecially if the box is 50Lbs and the box its about to be dropped into "amazon box " is too small.

Productive and fun workplace

I learned how to work more faster with doing my job properly and motivate myself to finish my task what the managers gave my responsibility to work. I enjoyed working with the company and especially I love learning new things to improve my skills as a good employee. Only the problem my house is very far to the workplace even I have my own car to drive at work.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Too far from my house

Very bad company to work for. They only care about pushing products for their customers, not their employees.

It’s a very bad company to work for, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply, and work there at all. I know during this COVID times, it might seem hard to get a job, but trust me there are far much better companies out there to work for. It’s the worst experience I’ve ever had, working for this company. If you have any complaint, they make you write a report, and do a sham/bogus investigation. They even sat on my investigation for a month, without requesting for my evidence. They take advantage, because they’re not unionized. The environment is very toxic from the supervisors, HR, and the highest boss of the company. Very bad management. They only care about rates, pushing products for their customers, and very little about their employees. A night mare of a company.

Stressful and tiring place to work

The only good things about this job are the decent pay ($17/hr) and the time off options. They offer voluntary time off days and paid time off hours that accumulate over time. Other than that it is almost like slave work; 10-hour shifts being on your feet and having management constantly tell you to increase your rate (speed) is not worth it. It's repetitive physical activity for long that makes your brain feel like jelly after a while. Break times are tight, not long enough. Employees don't last long here, they are constantly hiring, which is probably why there are so many COVID cases here. HR is bad at replying and helping you. The culture is not very diverse. There isn't a lot of room for career development. There is no air circulation so it gets hot. I could honestly go on.

Pros

Time off options

Cons

Long hours, pressure from management, short breaks, high turnover

not worth the trouble of getting up

Amazon is more concerned with profits and the bottom line than anything else. Repeated requests for maintenance were responded to in a very shoddy manner or not at all. The atmosphere at Amazon is not conducive to stress free work. I always felt pushed to do more than is humanly capable. Would not recommend working at Amazon at all.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

everything else

Rotten work experience

Ridiculous expectations for productivity levels. The work environment couldn’t be more drab, boring and uninspiring if they actually intended it to be

Pros

VTO’s

Cons

Yellow!

Picker

Picking items at 70 uph Safety first Social distance Cleaning Permanent job Rules and regulations Rewards for high picking Interesting games Bonus 2*5 pay on the public holidays

Jobs at Amazon.com

Packer positions
See more jobs

Horrible

I am here to tell you the truth about working for Amazon. I am going to reveal all of what no one will ever tell you about how it is to work for Amazon. Let me start with the lesser of the problems. They have a horrible work/life balance considering all shifts across any Amazon are as follows: 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week. Considering that, do not get lost in the brilliant idea that you will get 3 days off. I promise you that you will sleep the entire first day off that you have, leaving you realistically with only 2 days off. Another thing to consider is that you will be working those 10 hours in steel toed shoes on CEMENT ground. It is long hours on your feet and very uncomfortable, I remember seeing every new employee who walked in there limping for the first 3 weeks because of severe blisters on their heels/toes. Next I will mention how physically demanding this job is. I know they tell you before you start that it will be physically demanding and that you need to consent to lifting a certain amount of weight, but they never tell you that you will be exposed to having to lift items that are 120 pounds and up BY YOURSELF even if the box has team life written on it. I know you are wondering why I am saying this but the reason being is because, there have been multiple times where I would mention to management that I need help lifting something and they will brush it off because they are more focussed on their rates and hitting targets than stopping for two seconds to help an employee lift something. This makes the employees discouraged to ask for help and causes more workplace -

Benefits

Cons

Everything except benefits

Great place as a starting job

It first took a little while to begin my first day. It was about 3 weeks from the time I applied until I started my first day. This job would be perfect for someone wanting to make a second income for their family or a young person out of school. The work is fast-paced and they expect you to meet certain rates. If you're a fast learner, take pride in your performance and are a competitive person, this is a great place to work. The days are 10 hours long, but is only 4 days a week which makes for a nice, long 3 day weekend. Unfortunately, you cannot pick the days of the week you are scheduled for. You have an option for day or night shift. Coworkers are very pleasant to work with and I have never experienced any ill manner from anyone.

Pros

Get to see neat and different items that are offered at Amazon

Cons

The pay is not enough to be the sole provider in the family

productive and fun work place

I believe if someone is physically and mentally strong they can work at amazon for long time. Because work there is heavy and this is considered as a hardest part for some workers. The workplace culture is very well everyone would love the way workers are treated. The most enjoyable part I believe at amazon is making new friends and cooperative workers.

Pros

good pay

Cons

heavy work

good place to work

hi it good place to work fast work place clean and fresh workplace very frindely and nice place what they have 10 hr shift that i dont like about this place

Excellent

Excellent work and fine team i feel very comfortable over their. Amazon first policy is safety then quality then production. They said your health is priority and if quality is not good then the whole production is useless.

Overall good

I was good working there and the management was good and polite to the employees i really enjoyed working at amazon and they have good break system which i liked the most

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Long shift

oh no

This place is kinda ridiculous I am a picker and as soon as I get a new job I'm out. I like the no dress code and the pay but if you aren't brown you can't make friends and its extremely fast paced my body is sore as I type this. Not the job just for anyone.

excellent

i loved to work with amazon fulfillment center . It is really productive and efficient work. i was extremely satisfied with salary and hours at amazon.

Stressful place

Always suppose to break your own pick record. And just not paid enough to do these task. Only great thing is the lunch room it has games and food stands if you forgot your lunch. And you never have to worry about theft place is very secure

All good

No review thanks It's help me produce some of my best work and to be honest I like being challenged. From a stress management point of view, I like to burn off energy.

Labour Intensive

This job was very about intensive and was definitely not for everyone. This job will have you using every part of your body to get the job done. This job is great for making money for shorter days but if you don't do well with labour I wouldn't suggest it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22K