Amazon.com
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Found 107 reviews matching the searchSee all 74,839 reviews

Fast paced workplace

Just come in n get your work done in a fast paced workplace. Overall the warehouse is clean and environment is clean. Everyone stays in there own lane

FC YEG1 glimpse

People gets hired easily. No qualifications at all. Work load was never fair. Some people works hard, while some are just doing pit coaching (everytime) and both are being paid the same. You need to reach your rate while others are just standing. There was no probationary period, so everyone gets a chance to get a blue badge and be a regular employee..Mistakes in scanning are BIG issue. And you never get a chance to be rotated in work.. Youll do the same heavy picking everyday if you are a guy..PA’s and MANAGERS are not fair in work distribution and for promotion.Newly hired people gets to be promoted first (to be prob solver) because they are close to them. Promotion was not based on performance and seniority. And SAFETY PEOPLE are RUDE.In regards to pay.. its very low, you start at $16…while other company pays at $27+…So goodluck! This is what you can expect..Peace!

Pros

Paid weekly, benefits

Cons

Low pay, Favouritism, bad culture, low paid time offs

Don’t recommend for first jobbers.

This is probably the worst job, I’ve ever went too in my life. The management team sucks, their rude and ignorant. On your first day, they rush you to do everything and eventually you will start too want to quit the same say you started. One of my fellow coworkers ( I have no idea if she’s still there ) asked me if she should quit because the job is not for her, because of how much the managements are rude, and very demanding. The pay was decent, they had me working Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, and you’re not stuck to one job, they want you to do everything in the warehouse including jobs you didn’t apply for .

Pros

Vending Machine Area, Good Pay, Good Work Days

Cons

Long Hours, Rude Managements, Fast Pace, Heavy Working

Good work

It has very flexiable schedule of your choice and pto which gives you time off while getting paid. Have free snacks on certain days for the employees working hard.

Pros

Paid time off, good paid

Cons

Long hours, physical, written up if your not doing the job fast enough

Fast paced, very stressful, repetitive and tiring work

Very hard physical work if you are hired as a "picker". They will teach you to drive a forklift carrying a bin, where you will scan and add orders. You are timed on how long it takes you to go from item to item through your scanner. Someone watches your every move on a laptop. If you get below the "average" they will call you aside and tell you, hinting at termination if you don't work faster. No time for a washroom break. If you take one, they will question why there was a gap between picks during the time you were having your whiz. Before a scheduled break, they give you 5 minutes to drop off your load, add an empty bin to your forklift, then park it, log out of your scanner. Realistically it takes around 10 minutes to do this, and they will criticize you if you don't take 5 minutes out of your break time to achieve their 5 minute rule by hinting at termination. No benefits, no sick days, bad pay considering the amount of work and skills needed over time.

Pros

three days off, free coffee at break time

Cons

Long periods of time on your feet. Unrealistic expectations of work time.

Don’t do it

If you want to feel like your in highschool then this job is for you! Managers treat people like you are nothing. There is no consistency. If you are liked you will succeed. You are just a number to them. They don’t actually care about you as a person. If you do get the numbers they want you are belittled. If you don’t fall into the exact amazon person they call you on all your faults. They are very into discrimination!!

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

The environment

Awful

I only worked there for about 2 weeks and it was awful. The management was always pushing you to do more and more even if you were trying your hardest. You will get bashed for your mistakes and you will never get rewarded when you are doing well. This job is very tiring as well. I was trained for about 2-3 hours then got sent right to do the job and they expected me to be perfect. I never met my manager face to face it was always through technology, which in my opinion is not a great management strategy. Personally, I would not recommend this job to anyone,

Pros

Weekly Pay

Cons

Short Breaks, Long Hours, Covid Case Everyday

productive, the manager ensure i reach the goals of a good worker.

I learn time management, pack, screening.the most of the time i enjoyed working in amazon, amazonian are very nice and good co-worker.free snack, the management allow you to wear custom during halloweens. this made feel like am participating halloween even though am working.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

long hours of work

Great for young fit people. Extremely boring and repetitive. Long hours.

I had to quit. I only worked 2 days and realized it wasn’t a fit for me. The hiring process was a piece of cake but they give no information on what you’ll be doing until “Day 1”. I was so excited for this job until I got there. Basically the training is poor and very unorganized. Doesn’t matter though because as a picker all you do is get a scan gun, sign in on it, tells you what floor you are on and where to find the first item you need to put into your tote, which is on your trolley. Once it’s 80% full you put your yellow tote o to conveyor belt and start all over. That is your job over and over and over again! For 10 hours a day. It’s exhausting and depression sets in pretty quick. Did I mention the size of this place?? Massive!

Pros

Four days on 10 hour shifts with overtime and 3 days off.

Cons

Long long days. Boring and extremely exhausting.

Productive and fun place , relax free

Loved working with managers and colleagues . Its like a home . Proper safety measures taken by amazon. Good bonding with managers . They respect our thoughts and ideas

Jobs at Amazon.com

Order Picker positions
See more jobs

Long shift

Really long 10 hour shift, the work is relatively easy. But can become boring and robotic. Very good management and job security. I made a lot of good friends there. Good benefit. Unlimited free coffee.

Pros

Job security, easy, management

Cons

Too long hours

Productive and fun work place

Overall good experience over there every one should work at amazon they always hire to new comers those who dont have experience there . They hire employees for different job positions like packaging , sorting and stowing etc

Not bad

Working in Amazon is easy and stressless . All the managers are nice and coworkers are also very helpful I really enjoy When i was working their.

Lots of work

There is lots of work to be done for little pay and barely any breaks. After a 10 hour day your body is sore and your feet hurt. Stay away from this company if you can help it.

if you need money they are there, but i wouldn't recommend a career there for warehouse

long hours, heavy lifting, always being watched for quotas and picking rate. diverse culture is good but when people are speaking their own language while in work setting can be very off putting and offensive. warehouse is very accident prone and this could also be due to people not speaking English and under standing basic traffic instructions.

Pros

benefits if full time

Cons

long hours, heavy lifting, hard on feet and back due to equipment and or harness

A lot of departments to choose from when you start. Each area has it's own good and tough to it.

Not a bad place to work or hard jobs to do. Just very repetitive and tedious and for me, their time requirements for task completed is little much. They could relax on that focus and do a better job on the efficiency of the warehouse floor.

Pros

HR was always awesome.

Cons

The time requirements of the daily task, over the top.

Time off tack.

Management was both ways, some liked you and others didn't. The hardest part of the job was time off task because it was only 30 minutes and that was not enough time. Managers did pick favorites though. There was racism and sexism. The most people you meet are nice and understanding.

Pros

Employees

Cons

Human Resource's

Best experience

I would recommend my friends to work here as it gives you really good experience on how to work at face paced environment and even the wage is very good.

Not recommended

I started working for Amazon in 2019 in October, they laid me off in January. I reapplied in March when they were hiring again and they hired me back, but what i don’t like was how they treated me, like if i never worked there before and had to start over and still haven’t received a blue badge (full time). Even working threw the whole pandemic seems like they don’t care..

Pros

ok pay

Cons

they want you to work hard but it doesn’t seem to pay off

A day in amazon

It’s usually very fast, but not always we usually do stretches before starting, it’s a very friendly place to be. The work load is just right. Would recommend for part-time not full

Not good

Not a very good company to work for they don't value employees. They Treat employees bad, and don't pay a livable wage. Managers are rude and talk down to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22K