Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 115 reviews matching the searchSee all 74,839 reviews

Sweatshop production facility

When you dont have a job and yet pay rent and buy groceries, amazon is good.. breaks ones back if you are in warehouse / fulfilment center. Expectations are set as if machines work and not humans. There cant be a worse job

Pros

Four day 40 hrs work week leaves 3 days for self

Cons

Long hours, back breaking work

They don't care about you

When you first come in for the day, the lines get loaded with 1500 packages an hour which a small team of 2 to 4 on each lane (there are 4 lanes on each line) have to deal with everyday. Stuff that should not be sent down the lines gets sent down anyways because the upper management just does not care. If you get injured, they will just blame you. You cannot move up within the company as they will just hire someone close to one of the managers.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Low Pay, Favouritism, Extremely Demanding Workload, Unsafe Workplace, Inhuman Expectations, Anti-Union propaganda

Like a Kindergarten school .

I work amazon since September at delta location.It's like a school.If you are a picker then usually they assigned you stowing job & same like in stowing.Managers there are confused.They won't let you be happy.That's why most people leave their jobs in a week or two week.If you are giving hundred percent rating & are you talking to someone else? because shift there is 10 hours, they still get tensed.There is no hearing there.Conclusion is not a good place to work.

Pros

No free lunch there .Even one person will keep watching you.

Cons

10:30 Hours long shift there

Honestly don't

Ive worked at amazon for 2 years and its only because I have to not because I want to. There is no place for growth unless you know someone and there is no real good management. They work you like a dog and then expect you to be happy. The pay is alright but in my opinion it should be more. Whenever I see new trainees I just want to tell them to literally do anything else but this. Your whole time off from work will be spent recovering from having to do manual labour and having mental stress. I advise against it, but if you have to because there is nothing else - think of it as temporary. No one wants to stay here, they do because they have no other choice

Pros

Cons

everything

Resonable

Working with amazon is always a great experience you will get a opportunity to learn the complete process as a fulfilment center it was always a misconception how does this work.

They pay the basic pay and make us to work more than that

I really never felt that I was working at amazon no recognisation for hard work only religious support works there I really wonder why did they choose illetrate people as a managment belive me no one in mangment know how does the system works there. Its really worst place to work with I never recommend any one there but finally yes beacuse of this pandamic people choose to work at amazon just because of the worst sitation out there for employment.

Productive work place

Well planned work culture Supportive manager Friendly & healthy work atmosphere Very good HR team response and guidance Good medical benefits and vacation hours and overtime hours always available

Always moving

As an associate at a delivery station you are always moving and on your feet. Overall the work is not bad as you become used to the work. It’s a good job where you can be active.

Very Productive and Fun workplace

Amazon is very productive workplace. They follow proper disciplines. Besides this, they always care for their employees. They always appreciate their’s employees hard work. Best workplace, I have ever worked.

Nice place

I am happy. Work is a work. I feel like a princess there. Free coffe. The bathroom is very clean all with sensor and have cream nutritive for the hands. Easy acces to buy chips candy etc with credit card.... many dispenser of water digitals. Big space in the cafeteria with all the complement to clean an desinfectate your own table. Acces to computers and phone. I have my materials to work the easy way and free. I work in a sort center. Is really easy!!!!!. You need to separate the box in a b c d.... and buil a container. Is like a play minecraft. We have a spetial bus that bring us from the parking to the company and they pay us like 30 minuts worked. After 10 days i become a badge blue was a surprise for me. The negative part is.... only are hiring part time. So if you like the job or you need more money you have zero posibility to grow inside the company.

Pros

Nice and calm place

Cons

Only part time

Jobs at Amazon.com

Associate positions
See more jobs

Fun workplace

Healthy environment cooperative management over there working over there is best time period i learn many new techniques over there and learn how to work cooperatively

Pros

Many monthly benifts

Cons

Timings of jobs

favoritism

If you do not belong to majority ethnic group, you might be unfairly treated.But if you belong to majority group, you can promote rapidly. If not, do not dream of it even if you work hard. Here everything is operated by amateurs who do not have experience.

Worst place to work

I literally felt relief after leaving this place , worst place one can pick to work . There are other better warehouses out there with same or even more pay , if you have a choice between two pick the other one .

Work for money

During pandemic,the only place you can't lose your job.Terrible management, nobody cares what you should do.aftrr 10 hours Long work,you feel every part of your body won't belong to you

Pros

benefit

Cons

10 hours work

It’s a total dumpster fire of a job

They treat you like absolute garbage. All they care about is numbers and they don’t keep their promises either. They use you and use you until you finally ask them to treat you fairly and then find a way to fire you. Their managers barely work at all, and have no people skills. Many of the managers aren’t even understandable in English and it’s frustrating. Never work here if you like being treated with an inch of respect and dignity.

Crazy environment

Working with YYZ9 is absolutely insane. Managers have very limited managing skills and they don’t respect their peers. They always pretend that they are working hard by carrying their computers all the time. They always find ways to squeeze their lower ranking employees by switching employees to do multiple tasks and providing them with only a minimal training and it’s up to you to persevere. It’s a very intimidating environment and there’s no chance for further growth. Long hours of standing and walking around the warehouse was extremely dangerous. Especially for salary of $16.70 per hour is not really worth working inside the fulfillment warehouse.

Stress workplace

Shifts too long wake up at 7 am and back home at 7pm and all that for 125 $ per day , I cans did that with only 8 hours for other job like food delivery or customer service with no physical job like Amazon warehouse.

Lack of Communication

This is a physically demanding job. You are on your feet for 10 hour/shift. Your nights go buy fairly quick, not a lot of time to stand around. constantly things to be done. The lack of communication from management to the associates is laughable. The lack of communication from Amazon to its associates is horrible.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Lack of communication

Terrible work environment

This is a terrible place to work. Amazon isn't so much the problem, it's the people running it.Management will tell you how to do your job, but they can't even do it themselves. Safety team and HR team are run by "sorry can't help you" people.Salary is below competitive warehouses.Would recommend trying someplace else.

Pros

Paid benefits

Cons

Terrible people

bad management

l don't recommended people to work there they just hiring anyone (no education, no experience) and paid everyone the same rate . They take advantage, because they’re not unionized, They don't care about your hardworking no raised at all just to the leadership.-Very bad management-They don't really trained you properly just rushing you and you have to find out by yourself under pression.-And usually when the peak season end(November ,December) the start fired associate without cause just to reduce the workforce.-Bad management with the Local HR they are all confused the don't follow employee reequipment and they hate to to the associate while it's their job

Cons

Long hours for descent paid /sometime 60/weeks They take advantage, because they’re not unionized

Thay do not care abot safety.

I am working at DVC1. The workload is too high there and a lot of mental stress. They do not care about safety, even they do not write injury reports. They just care about their work, productivity and quality. Even person injured but they pressurize them to do work. No good behavior.

Pros

2 days shifts(20 hours), pay rate is high than minimum wage, but not sufficient as compared to workload.

Cons

Just mental stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22K