Amazon.com
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 1,421 reviews matching the search
Competitive environment and physically demanding. Room for training and flexible shift. Great medical and dental benefits. Everyone is welcome to share ideas that will impact the company positively
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work hard have fun make history A great place to work You have many opportunities to level up A place to work and to have more connections We love Amazon
You have to reach the average target every hour or so. Otherwise they come to ask for the reason of less production rate. It depends on type of products on conveyer, the line number you r standing on(than asking your employees who r working continuously)
Very interesting experience. Definitely not for everyone trying to sell on Amazon. Very tough market, competitive and dirty competitors out there. Can definitely be highly profitable if you can find your niche, but it'll be hard to do.
It’s overall management is total disaster. No growth opportunities, biased environment. Managers are favouring their favourite ones. If normal worker go for something they are start talking on the basis of production and all.
Pros
Cultural diversity
Cons
The site is fairly new (St Hubert), they only hire part-time employees so they don’t have to pay health benefits and yet that is part of their selling points, the benefits. There are not many options for you to have a full time job there.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible HR experience and dubious management decisions.
Hard work and too much and low salaryCompared to a lot of work on Amazon, his salary is low long shift low management unsafe workplace ----------
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
long hours, Hard work
I was put on the ship dock station, I did not even know about it until I got there. There is no communication you do not even know what you are doing! I don't know why they don't assign people accordingly meaning fit, tall, and big !!!! I am a really petite girl, had the worst experience I was put into a truck trailer that was burning HOT!!!! I WAS THERE FOR AT LEAST 7 HOURS ON AND OFF. THE HEAVY LIFTING GOING UP STAIRS. I know for a fact A LOT OF people quit within the 1st week that's why they are always hiring people.. LOLLL THIS JOB IS MOSTLY FOR MEN. Theres a lot people tryna get the PR.... LOL and the pay should be more. don't work here unless you want to end up in the hospital.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Standing, Rude management, Worst place don't apply, don't pay well
When you dont have a job and yet pay rent and buy groceries, amazon is good.. breaks ones back if you are in warehouse / fulfilment center. Expectations are set as if machines work and not humans. There cant be a worse job
Pros
Four day 40 hrs work week leaves 3 days for self
Cons
Long hours, back breaking work
Favouritism at its best. A horrible place to work. Hard workers are not recognized and lazy people can just do whatever. The management is horrible, never know what to do
Cons
Ive worked at amazon for 2 years and its only because I have to not because I want to. There is no place for growth unless you know someone and there is no real good management. They work you like a dog and then expect you to be happy. The pay is alright but in my opinion it should be more. Whenever I see new trainees I just want to tell them to literally do anything else but this. Your whole time off from work will be spent recovering from having to do manual labour and having mental stress. I advise against it, but if you have to because there is nothing else - think of it as temporary. No one wants to stay here, they do because they have no other choice
Pros
Cons
everything
Working with amazon is always a great experience you will get a opportunity to learn the complete process as a fulfilment center it was always a misconception how does this work.
Worked in the Whitby location and that place is horrendous. Favoritism all over the place. Makes you work rigorous tasks right after an injury. They will write you up over the simplest things taking as taking a quick 5 min break. Managers DO NOT care about you in this work place. HR is down right terrible will ignore emails and avoid associate contact.HR rep is nowhere to be found on the floor and hides in a room along with other managers that is not social distancing. Covid Cases is increasing also. Job security is low also. They will start you a seasonal associate then convert you base on your performance. I do not recommend this job to any one they will treat you like dirt and you only and always be a nobody.
Pros
Benefits are the only thing thats good.
Cons
long hrs and labour intensive
Managers are making stress on you . Management is not good .they are always forceing you to do work in less timing . Less paid as compare to other warehouse.
Pros
Stressful job. You are Always on rating .
Cons
Good benifits.
First started before covid and was fun and exciting. People where great. Covid hit, and all of a sudden it felt like a prison. Safety and management after you for everything. You are just a number and not a person. You try to bring up suggestions to help improve the workplace but gets denied and don't listen to you. Management do not coordinate with each other. 1 year and 10 months, and all I gotta say. As a multi billion dollar company, they treat you very poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Everythkng
Leadership are all on a power trip so if you voice your concerns all you get are upset managers telling you they’re upset. No structure or rotation when it comes to working days/nights. No support from leadership, you’re just a worker and if you don’t like it then they don’t care. This company has 0 regard for mental health. A lot of favoritism so you have to be ok with seeing it first hand without it being discrete. Time off options are horrendous especially for associates and those on a temporary position.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, 0 support from leadership.
It is a good place to work there. I would appreciate the opportunity for working with kinds people. I leaned many things and I also developed my communication skills.
I really never felt that I was working at amazon no recognisation for hard work only religious support works there I really wonder why did they choose illetrate people as a managment belive me no one in mangment know how does the system works there. Its really worst place to work with I never recommend any one there but finally yes beacuse of this pandamic people choose to work at amazon just because of the worst sitation out there for employment.
They do not rotate jobs even though you may be trained in all areas of the warehouse. This leads to injuries. I have mentioned this many times to Safety and supervisors but no one listens. They take safety serious so you would think that they would see by rotating to different areas using different body movements would be better for their employees, less people injured.They only work 4 hour shifts and they can flex you up or down 1 hour any day and you have no choice. The sorting center is new and they are constantly changing things. You need to be fit incase they put you in the heavy lifting section like non con or inbound fluid unloading non con from the trucks. Those locations are hard on the body and it seems the same people get put in there and the same people get the light work. This really needs to be looked at . This is a warehouse that has light and heavy sections and they could rotate those positions and save the injuries that is happening there. CROSS TRAINING everyone would help this issue.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
Heavy lifting for days in a row, The same employees always get the easy stations.
Well planned work culture Supportive manager Friendly & healthy work atmosphere Very good HR team response and guidance Good medical benefits and vacation hours and overtime hours always available
As an associate at a delivery station you are always moving and on your feet. Overall the work is not bad as you become used to the work. It’s a good job where you can be active.
  1. Employee reviews