Amazon.com Employee Reviews

good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2018
i worked at amazon for full time from September 2017 to January 2018. it was good experience with amazon. so i want to continue with amazon again with full time position.
Alright
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2018
The work was fairly easy to learn and to do, however the work environment was a little too repetitive for me. Also, I ran into numerous people on power trips; this made the environment less friendly. One thing I really liked is that Amazon would have random snacks available for employees such as cookies and falafel.
Rich experience in a poor environment
preparateur de commande (Former Employee) –  Orléans (45)10 August 2018
There are two shifts, early in the morning and in the afternoon. It changes week after week. At the beginning, very good experience . Everyone is joyful but comes fast the time when you feel the pressure. I understand the standard in a big company like Amazon but productivity was put behind quality even if the latter was an issue compared to the first. My friend was a good example of this, he did his job very fast but usually committed ten mistakes per day. Productivity can be caught up in the early weeks but to me, you ought not to make mistakes in the early because it hurts Amazon's reputation.
Pros
food inside, everything inside
Cons
management is far from being the best
Productive work place
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2018
Very busy schedule throughout the day. The shift starts with simple warming up exercises followed with few announcements related to work safety and improvement. Employers head back to their assigned jobs and work continuously until break time.

I've learned problem-solving skills during my services. Management is excellent and I loved the workplace culture.

The hardest part of the job was to stand continuously for 10 hours with two half an hour breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the fact that it kept me very busy with learning new skills.
Pros
free lunches and trainings
Cons
long hours of standing
Work hard
Problem Solver, Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON10 August 2018
Good place to work for a newcomers as special training is provided
Minimum salary
Good benefits from day one
High people turnover
Management are not accounted for Team retention as part of their KPIs
Company culture
Opportunity for extra training and education
Pros
Benefits, company name, good team mates
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Une expérience enrichissante.
Investigateur spécialisé / Fraud analyst - (KYC) (Former Employee) –  County Cork6 August 2018
Expérience enrichissante dans une entreprise à envergure mondiale. Elle m'a beaucoup apporté dans l'apprentissage d'une compétence que je n'avais pas auparavant et m'a formé dans ce domaine afin de répondre à des exigences très strictes en matière de qualité et de productivité.
Qui plus est, elle m'a permis de diversifier mes activités au sein de l'entreprise en prenant en compte mes points forts et en me permettant de les diffuser auprès des collaborateurs nouvellement recrutés.
Le point faible était le management, trop peu connaisseur de l'activité de base et qui nécessité des remontés fréquentes afin de recalibrer les process et limiter l'impact sur les usagers. En effet, la plupart des managers venait de centre d'appel et ne connaissait pas forcément tous les aspects d'une activité telle que l'analyse des comptes et la lutte contre la fraude et le blanchiment d'argent.
Amazon prenait un soin particulier a créer un environnement de travail propice et accueillant.
Evoluer dans un milieu aussi international s'est montré particulièrement enrichissant et énergisant.
Pros
Entreprise à envergure internationale.
Cons
Le management présentait des faiblesses dans la compréhension de l'activité.
Fast paced and rewarding workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2018
Becoming a Warehouse Associate is not very difficult. However, that does not mean the job is easy. This job involves walking all day at a quick pace. It would be difficult for someone that cannot be active. The basics of the job are very simple but there are consequences for slacking off and falling below the daily required rate. They are also very strict with being on time.
Amazon is productive and fun workplace
Courier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 August 2018
The work environment was always fast-paced, everyone is always running around doing something, anything; One of the reasons I really enjoyed working there. Mangement was friendly my colleague was friendly everyone took on their role and achieved to the fullest every single day. This was a job I was looking forward to coming the next day cause I enjoyed it that much.
Pros
Great hours, competitive pays, great working environment.
Cons
Short hours
Modern Slavery
Quality, Health and Safety, Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
Very hard work with no reward, this job is the highest form of modern day slavery. Very poor management, who will work until you are broken, then show the door......
Pros
Occasional Free Food
Cons
Long hours, poor management, have meet a certain rate for the hour........
Do Not waste your time
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 July 2018
False promises given. Managment team do nothing but walk around and do not support. Pay is an embarrasment for the work you do. No outside life what so ever.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too Many to mention
Animal Farm
Packager/Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 July 2018
They churn out employees as much as they hire them. They don't care about the "person" at all. Even with all the morning slave chants and the brainwashed management talking about the benefits of Amazon when it was actually non-existant.

Thanks Amazon, thank you for giving me a whole new perspective on the job I will never take again.
Pros
Lifelong friends in misery.
Cons
Amazon
A very fun place to work.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TX19 July 2018
I worked in the fulfillment center, aka warehouse part. I loved all the employees, everyone was awesome including Management. My station was on the Pick to Wall area loading smaller orders customers placed on Amazon.com
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Long work hours, standing
Great co workers
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2018
Management was inexperienced and very patronizing. Most had very poor interpersonal skills. HR department was was very helpful. I worked within the learning department and the Operations department was definitely the most disrespectful towards us.
Good work culture
Stower, Receiver, Packing, Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2018
Working environment at Amazon is quite good. All health and safety issues are taken seriously. Workplace culture is fast paced. There is quite good vending machines for food.
Pros
prizes were given to hard workers
Cons
warehouse machine noise
Good work culture, tough challenges
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto14 July 2018
Experiences at Amazon can vary based on the team. It is a bit corporate compared to Google and Facebook, however they're a very driven company with a lot of talent.
Pros
Good Company Name, Interesting Challenges
Environment and Workplace is Safe and Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 July 2018
I learned a lot of things in Amazon like Time Management, Working in fast-pace environment, how to deal with different people. The hard part i felt was multi-tasking but now after working there for long time i learned how to deal with it . Now i am able to perform Multitasking very well.
Pros
Free lunches, Games etc
Limited Learning in operations
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2018
The learning curve was limited at amazon warehouse, while more stress was given on productivity in terms of speed at which a task is to be performed.

Pros

Lot of internal opportunities once you stick around.
Flexible shifts options.
4 days of work.

Cons.
Physically straining.
Monotonous
Low pay in comparison to physical strain and expectations.
Access to HR only during breaks, which takes away significant time of your rest time and meal time.
Productive and Interesting
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2018
It's an amazing job experience and good team,managers and process assistants. The job is quite challenging but could be fun too. Allows the pursuit of other aspects of one's life.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
A little on favouritism
great working enviroment
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR- COURIER DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  maryland Unites6 July 2018
Amazon delivery jobs have flexible hours to work during the week but days you work driving might be for up to 12 hours or more the customers you deliver to are also allowed to tip the delivery driver which makes the pay good.
Cons
long hours delivering
feels like a sweat shop
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  yvr2 new westminister3 July 2018
After working there my first day, my feet were so sore I could hardly walk, and after the commute on transit, I only had about 7 hours to sleep before heading to my next shift. That was not enough time to rest my feet properly and they began to hurt a lot faster with each day of the week. They make you work at a pace that I feel is both dangerous and depending on what items you are picking, impossible to match. On the second week, I ended up with a migraine halfway through one of my shift and had to leave. I covered it with my PTO (Paid time off, of which you get 20 hours for the first 3 months and an additional 20 are added after that for the rest of the year). The following day my Migraine was still going strong, so I did as directed and called the attendance hotline number, given to me on the helpful information paper I was given on orientation day. I then received an e-mail the next day saying that I missed my shift and would not be able to cover it and was given 2.5 attendance points for no call no show, even though I did call. I strongly reccomend looking for a job elsewhere and not falling for what is said at the new hire orientation. I will be quitting as soon as I find other work.
Pros
Cons
long underpaid hard work, unfarely administered attendance points

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58K