Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Amazon is Labour Job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 October 2018
Very hard job at Amazon. 10 hours long standing with only 2 breaks each 30 minutes. work so hard, complete target every time but they want more and more without appreciation.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Labour job
Great working environment, always encourages employees to be as helpful as possible and have fun at the same time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 October 2018
The way that they encourage everyone to be in a team and have everyone work along and promote team growth allows the employees to perform their jobs efficiently and politely.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 October 2018
Amazon is a fun workplace which helps me to interact with different kind of people and enhance my skills as well. I never get bored of doing work there.
They pass the slavings on to you
Receiver (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC8 October 2018
If you like being forced to work overtime this is the place for you. It's a grueling soul sucking place - go anywhere but here! They will lecture you that safety matters most until you start working then the only thing that matters is money. I will never purchase another item from Amazon in my life & if you give a $!&@ about working conditions neither should you.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Everything else.
Poor
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
It was a terrible place to work, staff was friendly but management and working environment wasn't that good. Id never work there again. I wouldnt recommend anyone working there
Employees or slaves?
Pucker (Former Employee) –  DELTA, BC, CANADA7 October 2018
Suffering from IBack, Knee and Hand problems are part of the job.

10 hours shifts that break you down. It you are a picker be ready to literraly walk, bend, go up a ladder for 9 hours 1/2. The walking is extenuating, Extreme physical duties. Managers care more about reaching their orders pick gotas than the employees health.

Also, the promise of day 1 benefit, it's a LIE! I Human Reaources excususe its that Amazon has been hiring a lot of employees and Western Life has a backroad processing employees benefits.

90% of the employees are newcomers to Canada that don't know tthat they can find a better pay job, less stress, less health issues, better hours than Amazon and of course be treated as a person not as a robot/slave.

Honestly employees work as slaves, managers even discourage employees to go to the bathrooms, every single day at the star of the shift they treated employees of termination if they do not keep their rating.

AMAZON DELTA in Brirish Columbia, Canada is the worst place to work!!!!!

Jeff Bezos,
Get robots to work at your Amazin warehouses.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, walking long distances extreme physical job, standing more than 9 hours, demanding managers, do not fullfill promises to employees
Fast Pace and Rewarding
FC Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2018
The average work day goes by very fast, especially in the busy time periods.

If you want to advance the opportunities are there. You have to work hard and express a desire to do more things.

Management here can be hit or miss. The good one's always seem to get promoted quickly or move on. The others . . . they end up sticking around.

The hardest part of the job for me personally was the stress. Sometimes in seems unnecessary. When goals are being met and the teams are working at their hardest sometimes there's additional pressure added for no other reason than for the AM to have a higher to put in their report. Because they value a pat on the head from their upper management more than the well being of their teams.

The people you get to work with make it worth while. I have met friends for life here!
Pros
Secure, benefits, opportunity to advance
Cons
Feels like slave labour, very little recognition, soul-crushing
Productive and educative workplace with coffee and games arrangements
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton30 September 2018
Amazon Warehouse gave me certain job specifications which included sorting and loading parcels; putting up bags in certain rows and scanning them. The management was very organised and the workplace culture was friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the canteen and games centres.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Amazing experience working at amazon
Warehouse associate (Outbound) (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC26 September 2018
I have worked in amazon with smx for 2 monts. It was an amazing experience working with amazon . Everything is so well managed and the working atmosphere is literally adorabale. I loved being in amazon and learned alot which is helping me in my daily life too.
Pros
Free meals and friendly environment
Cons
nothing according to me
First few weeks
Stower worked the PIT. (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 September 2018
My experience working in FC as a stower the first week went great, but then beginning of second week your on your own and if you don't do well you can lose your job. Only the experienced workers that start there can make it, and it is not friendly at all mostly its who you know will be in your favor. Not a work place for older employees unless you already worked for years with Amazon. Amazon tracks your every move and time and you are based on it for your employment. I wish they just go 100% robotic.
Pros
Cons
Benefits that start day one don't really till after one month, Time micromanagement.
Very productive and fun loving environment
Customer Returns Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC23 September 2018
Amazon has a very fast pace work environment. Very well organised and there is a standard for every kind of work. There are some managers who have there own perspective to promote people.
Pros
Standard for everything
Cons
less wage
Worst job ever
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC21 September 2018
HR dept is worst. They only focus on work rather than focusing on someone’s health. They just need work done person’s health doesn’t matter to them. Stay away from AMAZON, DELTA
Pros
Pay rate to fresher
Cons
Long hours, unfriendly HR dept, no free meals
nice place to work
SMX Warehouse Associate Coach / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2018
Really nice place to work, they always look forward to work safe and team player. the timing is sharp and we always do a standup chat with all crew before start the shift.
They are a bunch of liars
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough UK19 September 2018
I was working at Peterborough in England and contracted cellulitis due to shower facilities being not properly maintained. Was then told not no return until the problem was sorted out. Then my employment was terminated even though they knew the reason for my absence. This is clearly a case of Unfair Dismissal!
Very organized departments
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 September 2018
They trained new employers well and make sure every department know about the safety protocols.

Typical work day starts off with daily follow up meetings and stretches exercise before starting work.
and our goals to meet such as numbers and targets to perform on the job in order to meet the high demands of the customer orders.

The culture is amazing , its multicultural with varies different type of people to work with. The hardest part would be when your picking orders and trying to meet a goal standards but have to wait for your turn to pick any item because of the 3 pits safety stops. but its better to be safe then to be sorry.

The most enjoyable part of the job is once you meet the goal or above high expectations such as daily performances and attendance routines, you are noticed and awarded for your good behavior.
Positive work place ,I enjoyed my time ther
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  City of Baltimore, MD14 September 2018
I liked working for amazon ,they maid coming to work fun .They did give away and fun little events. Its hard work, your standing your doing a lot of lifting and bending at a fast speed, but the positive mood help keep you going. Most of the mangers spoke to us with respect . I enjoyed the over time.
Waste of Time.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
Not even worth typing out. Worst job ever. Working FOR and WITH braindead idiots. "Trainers" have 1 week of experience. Work habits are dumbed for the worst idiots out there.
Pros
None.
Odd job
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2018
They work you hard and hand you more work that is possible to achieve. The expectations are unrealistic and there are no support. They embrace a self-learning culture and you are expected to deliver regardless of the circumstances.
We are human beings & not amazon robots
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2018
Pathetic place to work. Extremely watched job. I would never recommend it to anyone. They pay you basic & expect you to work as their robots. Physical demanding work. Noise pollution. Stressful work.
Pros
Cons
Too many..
Work you hard and no work life balance
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K