Amazon DSP

Amazon DSP Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver22 reviews
Canada22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,905 reviews

Amazon is great, the team a work for on the other hand is horrible

The team Endmile isn’t the most organized or respected management within the Amazon DSP group. I do love my job but management isn’t the best. If working for Amazon DSP do not pick Endmile.

Slave work

They push your limits even if you have personal problems they make you work like an animal with no help whatsoever and expect you to finish your job on time and help others. Don't know how to manage time or other employees and put all there issues on everybody's back

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours disrespected overwork

Insights into Amazon DSP

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

waste of time

took 2 weeks after I was hired to receive my training, and I wasn't even properly trained. I haven't even started working there and I already felt that the workplace is bad. The training was poorly maintained, I was told what am I even doing there when they were supposed to train me because clearly, I did not know what to do yet, instructions from the manager were always unclear, hard to communicate, and it's a stressful workplace.

Don’t do it just don’t

Don’t do it! You will be disrespected daily. You will always be given more work for the same pay which is a small amount of money . You will face situations That’s what you’re driving safety and personal safety at risk

Listen to the man, don't do it

It started out easy enough, but then the expectations grew wild. There's a game center, not that you'll have any time to play with the games they got set up. Its crazy, unless you deliver everything on time without help, they'll fire you. I was there a month, i pushed myself so hard my joints gave out. I was fired a few days later citing "Budget cuts". No one else was. I, like anyone, wanted to try and problem solve. Not only was I ignored, but I was fired two weeks later. Management didn't even tell me there was a problem. I was completely blindsided when I was given a letter of termination at end of day. All those calls for a union are starting to make sense.

Pros

free snacks, nice enough staff

Cons

long hours, heavy work load, management wont stick up for you

Don't do it

If you value your mental health, don't do it. There is lack of empathy. An inconvenience such as a dead car battery will be seen as your fault and you're actively refusing to come to work.

Not worth it

Too many packages to deliver in such short time. Way too many stops and an almost impossible expectation to finish on time. Very hard physical work and not paid enough for what they want you to do. Don't do it unless you have no other choice.

Long hours low pay with no chance to advance

As title says long hours with low pay no overtime paid and no room for advancement. Keep getting more and more packages every day til you're at your limit.

No tip & Suddenly changes

There is no tip or additional fees and Amazon can change your work hours. You have to prepare yourself for really hard work. Nothing is easy to do during delivery.

Don’t join damy

Highly recommend don’t join damy there is not good management I work over there like 9 months but there is not appreciate your work specially dispatch team always hate to good driver they think there job in danger zone good driver cover there dispatch job so that’s why they show you’re reports in negative reviews

Demanding company

Worst demanding dispatcher. Will call you even if you're on lunch break telling you should do deliver packages even if you are on your break. Which on what i see is very very disrespectful.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours, very demanding job

Not a good company to work for.

If you have no other choice, then you can work here while waiting for someone better, however, you won't be happy. They will ask you to do more than what you're paid for. No good benefits and they don't value you, they think of you as a robot.

Flexible

As a student, flexibility of schedule is an advantage for me. You can work part time or fulltime as delivery association. Scheduled payments let you control your expenses

Pros

Teria, snacks, uniforms

A fast paced place, you will eventually manage the stops, on snow days it's completely unreasonable, however there are rescues to help.

The staff and management is great, they're very supportive and understand you're human. The job is good too, very independent, hard to take a break and finish your orders, very stressful in the snow of Montreal, almost no parking anywhere with corrupt police roaming endlessly. I've had no issues with police yet but I've seen the unfortunate situations of others.

Not appreciated and they give an unreasonable amount of packages each day so you can’t take breaks

They like to hire seasonal so they don’t have to pay anything extra. We were told to put in lunch and breaks on out time cards even if we didn’t take them. We had to be there early to do the inspection of our vehicle and we could not put our actual time that we arrived( we had to put 9.30 am on our time card) extremely cheap company with no perks or benefits.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no overtime or be if it’s or perks within the company

Great position if you like to drive, get a workout, while getting paid.

Well-managed company with great working hours, excellent late-morning start time.Load out the delivery van and depart in waves, deliver the packages according to planned route on flex app.Team environment, be sure to take rescue when needed as to build rapport with co-workers and at times you may need a rescue as well.

Pros

shift flexibility, well-maintained vehicles

Cons

some routes more difficult than others, shift variance, may not be guaranteed full time hours every week

Poor and unfair management

There is no guarantee to work as full time even when they give full time schedule. There is no appropriation and if work hard they are going to give you more parcels to deliver. The management is unfair because some people are getting 6 days shifts but in the other side some people doesn't get even 4 days. It is just a seasonal job and they're gonna let you go less than 3 months.

good excercise, just bad schedule

it’s like in a sports training everyday. The worst thing is the schedule. The off time is too late. You’re going to miss your family and social life. There’s no career development .

Pros

Easy to get the job

Cons

Low pay and bad schedule

friendly atmosphere

Could have better training core as I felt for myself I was very unsure for the first week or so and saw it in others that followed as well. Helpful and friendly staff made it nicer to work there.

Pros

Gave free gifts and lunches quite a bit before we would leave for deiveries.

Cons

Not enough time to take full lunch and breaks then finish workload at a decent time.

excellent

I liked working there, busy during holiday season. its tuff working in winters, but in summers its fine. you will get countryside routes if you are lucky.

Enjoyable Early on but Grueling Pace Long-term

Large quantity of parcels, some heavier than imagined. It's a struggle to deliver them safely and quickly.A day consists of: Loading up at the warehouse, driving your cube van to deliver, then returning to the warehouse to check out. The routes are very large sometimes. Drivers rarely get their promised breaks. Workload is 180-260+ parcels/day. Finding a good DSP helps, but doesn't solve the route of the problem, which is Amazon's unrealistic delivery targets and pressure on front line workers/drivers.

Pros

Independence, health benefits, performance incentives

Cons

Long hours, shift variance, Few breaks/no paid lunch, unsafe, poor culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon DSP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement