Alvarez & Marsal Employee Reviews

Driven Advisory Firm
Advisory (Former Employee) –  Midwest11 May 2019
A&M is a results based, eat what you kill advisory firm, very professional, highly educated, and experienced professionals. Flexible work environment.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY14 December 2018
Absolutely awesome company to intern with. My Supervisors allowed me to get meaningful hands on experience in my field and were always excited to share insight on the industry.
Do not value good workers
Global Senior Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 November 2018
They unfortunately do not value the employees that have been here for a long time. New employees get paid better than the employees that have been in the company for a long time which is why the turnover is so big
remote internship
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County, CT30 October 2018
I worked with A&M Greenwich branch in its remote internship program. Greenwich branch is no longer exist. This internship program is the Greenwich branch partner with UofChicago Fin-Math program.

Typical meet once a week and we have a project to research each term. They will give us adviser during this process and we give them a final report at end of quarter.
Great Team
Global IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 August 2018
I had the pleasure of working with a great team in FTS. The type of work we did was very challenging and required continuous self study to maintain relevancy. The management style was somewhat relaxed and they strongly believed in a work life balance, even though it wasn't always possible. Bad attitudes were not welcomed nor were they tolerated. It made for a very positive work environment.
fast-growing entrepreneurial company
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NY21 August 2018
While the compensation is at the lower end of average, the bonus structure makes up for it. You hit the ground running from day 1 and have plenty of opportunities to carve out a name for yourself. The benefits offered are top notch and there is ample time off for personal activities and family. Ther atmosphere is very independent, you have ownership over your work. A+ results are expected. You will be very happy here if you crave low bureaucracy and are ready to deliver.
Pros
low bureaucracy, merit bonuses
Cons
low base salary
Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar.
Jovem Aprendiz de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP3 July 2018
Empresa com ambiente agradável e dinâmico, ótimos gestores e fácil comunicação entre funcionários.
Excellent place to work!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 June 2018
The best consulting company in the country! If you work here you will be able to solve any problem that you come in contact with on a daily basis. If you just want to come to work and have a job and mope along do not come to work here!! This is a platform that will challenge the best of the best!
Best place to start career in consulting
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 May 2018
Smart people you enjoy working with.
Smart and capable leaders that care about growing the business but also about growing their people.
Interesting clients facing interesting challenges.
Exposure to senior leaders.
Highly trained professionals
Analyst/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 May 2018
Great Opportunity, Traveled to Jacksonville FL job site. All expenses were reimbursed weekly. Good working enviroment.. Excellent coaching and backup. This was a FEMA flood zone review so reatly expanded knowledge base
Pros
Flextime expense reimbursement
Cons
travel to Jacksonville FL every week
High earning potential at expense of work-life balance
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 March 2018
Compensation is utilization driven and top performers have the ability to make more than almost any other consulting firm I'm aware of. However, there is a strong level of day-to-day unpredictability and there is an expectation that employees are willing and able to work 24/7 to meet client needs regardless of other personal commitments. While this may be completely acceptable to some, particularly those coming from banking, for others it might not be a good fit. There is also limited transparency from senior leadership and project staffing is very unstructured.
Well paid and exposure to interesting work and personal development
Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA12 March 2018
The opportunities were great if you were willing to work wherever. For healthcare, it was more challenging if you wanted to work in a certain market, and Seattle was not a strategic priority for healthcare.
Fast paced, lots of travel, smart people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX31 January 2018
Competition within the office to be placed on a project
Collaborative environment on projects, good people to work with
Lots of travel
Good benefits and rewards program points
Pros
Rewards points, fair compensation
Cons
Lots of travel, no program for professional development or to add skills
Throw you in and then spit you out
Utilization Review and Care Management RN (Former Employee) –  Remote from CA12 January 2018
I worked my backside off for this company for a year, and they flippantly let my contract expire while they hired the most incompetent contract staff to full time roles. The management is horrible and when an employee knows what they are doing, they feel threatened by them - put personal issues before work success. Use you up and spit you out.
Pros
100% remote
Cons
No benefits, terrible treatment
Highly Recommended
Consultant - Corporate Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  Houston3 January 2018
Fantastic company with very entrepreneurial culture and down to earth people. Exciting project work with high degree of exposure to senior leadership. Variable compensation structure rewards high performers.
Productive workplace
Management Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 December 2017
Great place to work for advancing your career and you will learn a lot. Travel and stress comes with the territory but can be rewarding in the long run.
I never felt that I was appreciated or could trust anyone
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NY14 December 2017
If anything went wrong the blame would be pushed to the lowest person on the corporate ladder, which at the time was me. Even if I could explain why it wasn't my fault or why it shouldn't be SOLEY my fault, that was brushed aside and it was ONLY my fault. If I thought that I could trust someone, they could backstab me and tattle to a manager when a simple one-on-one conversation could have been sufficient. This wasn't for important things, just small things that in the great scheme of things don't really matter. I felt like an outcast at the firm when I tried so hard to fit in. The work itself wasn't hard and I enjoyed it. It's just everything else I couldn't deal with.
Pros
health insurance, dental
Cons
No break, long days, poor management
It was a great opportunity
Analyst/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 December 2017
Long hours but the pay made it worthwhile. This was a review of FEMA flood compliance on commercial loans. Management was very supportive. Hardest part of the job was the travel. Best part was the daily flexible work hours and unlimited overtime.
Pros
Expenses were reimbursed weekly
Cons
No benefits
A &m
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VI18 September 2017
Great place to work, there was an advancement for some. Hopefully, it has improved. I've had some great managers but a majority were unpleasant. Once
Pros
Excellent health care, worldwide company
Cons
Some managers were terrible.
Senior Associate - Health Industries Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 September 2017
Good people and good work life balance. Clients are mostly struggling companies that really need our help. Benefits are competitive to other management companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alvarez & Marsal. Our community is ready to answer.