Altus Group

Altus Group Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Insite Research
Redundant manual data entry processing. Terrible training and support but high productivity expectations. A lot of work and low compensation. I would not recommend working here.
Poor career advancement and salary
The title says it all. I have worked in the cost analysis department (supposedly one of the best) and after 6 months i knew this wasn't the place for me. The career progression is slow. The salaries are an insult for people with engineering degrees. A lot of internal politics to go up within the company. Not a lot of options in the career path in the market for the construction industry if you decide to leave the company
Mixed emotions at this place
Not a team environment among my group. HR doesn't support your if you come to them with issues. However, they did hire me with no work industry experience.
My Reality
Basic and rudimentary for a corporate work environment during my time there.......not advanced in any best practices in any office function....this includes HR and IT......
Weak employee & work culture
Weak employee & work culture in my mind. I worked at one of there main competitors a few years ago and the contrast in stark including.....

a) much lower pay,

b) higher turnover,

c) poor back office functions (IT & HR)

Health benefits are standard and locations are alright.
Excellente entreprise
Équipe multidisciplinaire et compétente. Esprit d'équipe. Travail collaboratif. Programme de formation. Belle clientèle. Mandats diversifiés. Excellents avantages sociaux (vacances, congés de maladie, assurance médicale). Conciliation travail-famille. Télé-travail au besoin.
Confusing Team / Work Environment
Very confusing team / work environment from Day 1 . Not sure how to improve the situation at this point. Most senior staff are unapproachable and more interested in protecting their status. I am still currently working here and wouldn't recommend this place to a friend or former coworker.
"Great" firm to work at
"Great" firm to work at.

What a "great" firm to work at. I cannot understate how "great" this place is to work at.

If you like dusty office spaces and a sterile work environment then this place is for you !

This place is an "exciting", "dynamic" and "challenging" work environment.

I cannot stress that this place is a "great" firm to work at.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Altus Group?
Fast Paced and collaborative
- Good Workplace culture
- Very fast paced

- No micromanagement

- Learned to work in true Agile environment

- Leaned to collaborate

- Open minded management and allows to experiment
Old school ?
Maybe because I am a new grad but I found this place very old school in every sense of the imagination. Everyone around me is near retirement. Not sure how to climb the corporate ladder when everyone is very senior making high salaries and not wanting to give that up.
No Process
No process what so ever !! They are specialty real estate consulting firm - its laughable !! Ask 3 people the same question you'll get 3 different answers....... Senior management places walls around them to protect themselves within the firm.......
Difficult to stay motivated everyday
Difficult to stay motivated everyday.....
Every morning is tough to get up and go to work....

Not a pleasant team / direct management that I work with.....
nice place to work as a student
flexible schedule at calling center, team was really nice. The location of the workplace is great since it is in Downtown Montreal, restaurants and train station really close by.
Productive and fun office
Great People and great atmosphere. It is a great place to collaborate and build your skills. Excellent training which is constantly bettering the staff to enable them to be more productive.
Recommended Company
A nice place to work with friendly environment and opportunities to grow and develop. The location is great and the facility is modern and comfortable.
Lack of culture and process
This place has no employee culture. There are a lot of problems within the my department due to the people working within the group. Undefined and / or unclear processes and procedures are a problem.
Arrogant, selfish, worst listeners, and stupid. Career destroying place.
When I first started at Altus Environmental and Forestry back in 2006 I was given a computer from 1995 to do all my work on that was impossibly slow. Literally the cursor would turn for 2 and half minutes every time I made one small decision on the computer. The only way the supervisors can possible make themselves look good is by making you look bad (especially behind closed doors). And communication with supervisors is a waste of time, selfish and stupid. I was laid off because my supervisor was completely incompetent, stupid, rude, arrogant, and full-of-her-self. She lost all of her contracts and needed mine to keep her job. She scapegoated all of her mistakes onto me and then manipulated me into signing for them promising me a fake bonus, I never got. I heard she was fired back in 2007; good. My Sponsoring Forester was useless too. They had no idea what is on the RPF test, and don't care. To meet with them was a 'bother', both times, over the period of a year. They had no notes to give and were not supportive at all. Then when all three FITs failed the RPF exam they threatened all three of us with termination and had us sign a threatening ignorant letter, that was unnecessary, and moronic. They literally spent more time with threats and manipulations then with honest help. I don't even think they understand what honest help is. Their job performance review was brutal too. They pull you into a room, completely unprepared, rub some small mistake you made six months ago in you face repeatedly, and babel nonsense non stop. Then when you are so stupefied by how unprofessional - more...
Pitstop in my career / life.
If you looking for the C team, you will find plenty of that and more here.
Average to below average on all metrics you would evaluate a place to work (i.e job work/life balance, salary and benefits, management and work culture....etc). .
Sour Feelings.
The day-to-day work environment can be best described as uninspiring. Prickly senior staff makes it difficult any junior employees to advance within the company. This place is perfect for new grads or someone who has no work experience
continues change of direction
Not a good work environment. Very chaotic. Direct manager was great but overall environment was not comfortable and toxic . High turn over of resources.
Pros
Cons
Mediocre at best
Mediocre at best compared to the 3 other firms I have worked at in my career. Ask yourself what your looking for in your next role. I didn't and it was a huge mistake.