Altruck International Employee Reviews

Great workplace and fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 August 2018
I have worked with this company for over 6 years and have enjoyed thoroughly. Compared to other employers they are genuinely concerned about both staff and customers.
Pros
co-workers & benefits
Cons
expectations at times are high
Fast paced job. Great people to work with.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2018
Lots of advancement opportunities and training available. Always something new to learn and keep you interested. Management is very understanding about personal issues if time is needed off, they care on a personal level. Coworkers are great and you’ll feel like your part of the big Altruck family. It’s a fast paced environment that you’ll need a positive attitude to keep up with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Occasional work overload
Don't be fooled
310T Apprentice/Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2018
The guys in the shop are a great bunch. But the management is terrible. They try to bully and if you stand up for yourself your gonna have issues. They have lost a number of really good mechanics to very poor management desicions
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Bad managers
Excellent Atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 March 2018
The staff was easy to get along with and caring people. The best part would have to be that in most big companies you never see the CEOs or management but they made sure to come by often to ask how you are doing.
poor workplace
reception/accountant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 January 2018
employee handbook says they give every employee a fair opportunity to do their job. That's a load of lies. They don't give correctives or warnings or anything. If you are not pals with the manager or manager's children then you are out the door. No fair opportunity or anything.
No communication from anyone. The only way to learn of an employee absence is through a customer on the phone.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
no comunication and treated unfairly
Dont waste your time
Office (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2017
Youll get treated like a second class citizen. If you want to start a new career in this line of business, find a reputable dealer or shop to work at.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Poor management
A constant dumping of garbage
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 September 2017
A bad place to work. You never know what changes they will come up with next. They bring you down to their level and beat you because they have more experience at stupidity.
Pros
Cons
Ever changing policies
Everyones easy 2 get along with
Parts/Driver (Current Employee) –  Goderich, ON30 June 2017
A typical morning at Altruck International Truck Of Goderich..Always Greeted with a Smile,Great Customer Service in either the Parts department or Service dept.
good place to start
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 June 2017
Work on many makes and models.
Great experience from all the different work.
Good hours, four day weeks 'swing shift' or weekends.
In shop work and on the road, on call work.
Together we grow
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 June 2017
I started as a rental clerk 27 years ago, moved to Service Admin, Receptionist, Accounts Payable, and now my current position as Sales Admin for the past 18 years. I like that the company was willing to have confidence to move me around where I was needed or where I wanted to try my skills.
I always explain my time with Altruck as "give and take," we work well together and they have helped me through a few trying times in my life. and I am sure I have helped them through the years...more than once :-)
I have made many friends through fellow employees and customers that I will cherish forever.
Pros
BBQ's Lunches, Banana Bread.... LOL
Cons
The drive on the 403 SUCKS sometimes.
good place to start your training
WSIB registered member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2017
If you want to get started in the heavy duty parts business, this is a good place to start by reading line sets and getting basic knowledge of truck components and how they work together.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
managment
too much turn over of employees
Heavy Duty Parts Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 January 2017
poor management, poor paying, poor benefits.
nothing ever seems to improve.
too many conflict of interests.
nobody ever trys to make it better.
noisy and very fumy sometimes.
poor paying overall. very hard to get ahead there.
i have nothing good to say about this company .
Pros
Cons
hours
A great place to learn and develop your skills in a fun environment!
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 June 2016
A large portion of my day is spent answering the phones and dealing with customer inquiries. Every day is a little different though, which is awesome! I started with the company fresh out of school and they gave me a position that allowed me to grow/develop a new and diverse skill set. Since starting with Altruck I have been able to assist the accounting department, payroll, service department and the parts department. Reception is right in the heart of everything and touches on almost all aspects of the business.

I get to meet and talk to new people all the time! Every day there is a new and interesting challenge. A new opportunity to learn. The management team and fellow employees are always willing to lend a helping hand and take the time to teach me more. I have learned so much already about accounting and the trucking industry as a whole. I have had the opportunity to work out of multiple locations and met so many fellow employees. Each day is a rewarding experience.
Pros
A management team that works with employees, not above them.
Cons
There is a bit of a drive to get to the office
Productive and fun work place
Office Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2016
Answering phones is my main job during the day and answering walk in customers questions, helping customers is the best part of my day. The rest of my day is taken up with odd jobs and helping out the accounting department. My co-workers and the management team here at Altruck are wonderful. I left a company I had worked 15 years for, to come to Altruck and have never once looked back. From the day I started I felt at home with the Altruck family. I have learned that I actually enjoy accounting , even though I was not that into math in school.
Pros
treat days
Great and fun place to work at !
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2016
This company is continually growing and looking for ways to improve in all areas of business.
Good culture, very friendly and inclusive work environment.
Pros
Positive work environment, understandable/accomodating managers, good-work life balance depending on the role, development and growth opportunities
Productive, fun people.
Parts Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 September 2012
A typical day at Altruck involved serious work but also involved having fun with my co-workers. I learned how to properly answer telephone calls, and how to politely deal with any customers that i came into contact with whether via phone, e-mail, or in person. The hardest part of the job was learning how to properly look up parts that customers were ordering. It was a new field for me to work in, so this was a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers and developing working relationships with them via phone calls.
not enough work always having to fund work to do.
MECHANIC APPRENTICE (310T) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2012
not enough work always having to fund work to do (sweeping, cleaning up after other mechanics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altruck International. Our community is ready to answer.