Altrom Canada Employee Reviews

environnement de travaille superbe
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC24 October 2017
espace de travaille pas asse énorme bonne communication avec mes supérieur et employés
Pros
repas gratuit pendant les heures supplémentaire et pendant l'inventaire
Cons
salaires des employes
Auto Parts Orders
Order Picker and Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 July 2017
I worked for this company for a short while back in 2012. The atmosphere was a auto parts warehouse environment and it was a very hard place to work. The warehouse manager was a good overall person, but the owner and general manager has substandard management skills, and was very difficult to communicate with.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Substandard Management
Great place to work.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 December 2016
I have worked for this company for 16 years, and if it weren't for the fact that i moved away i would still be there. I have watched this company grow from a family business to a corporate business and grew with it. I welcomed changes and challenges. This company is staff oriented and well staffed. The staff i worked with in the Mississauga branch were my extended family. we worked together as a team. The management treats you with respect. Ill miss them.
Pros
moving forward in a positive manner.
I liked Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 December 2016
Job was fine I enjoyed it. But Management were completely unfair and let me go without telling me why. I was praised for doing a great job. But in the end I was let go?
productive and friendly place to work
Sales and Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  44 stevenson rd19 October 2016
Altrom is a great place to work. The coworkers were great and i still keep in contact with them. The hardest part of the day was probably carrying heavy items.
Pros
have lunch whenever
Cons
Ok for young or semi retired
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2016
OK place to work the people were great, not much for social interactivity, no BBQ's or staff functions unless planned by the staff itself eg: potluck dinners. The wages aren't very good. They have new cars now which is nice to see.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad pay
Ok
Custom & Receiving Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 January 2016
I worked at Altrom Group full-time (More than 3 years)
No interaction with other co workers
Learn new things every day
No more to say
Pros
There are a lot of friendly people at the Burnaby location. The work is stable.
Cons
There is little room for advancement. The wages are stagnant.
Productive work place/new experience
Warehouse person/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2015
I was very productive working for Altrom. I handled customer service front desk and handled customer complaints,inquiries. Managed returned items and give new items to customers. I was also doing shipping and receiving, preparing invoices on computer database or written or on the phone. I also was involved with inventory control and keeping the work setting clean and safe.
It was a good learning experience
Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2014
I learnt how important it is to support the customer. My loyalty to them helped increase our monthly sales. My co workers were very nice to work alongside.
Pros
company car
Cons
small wage
Not a productive position
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2012
I got hired as a temp to fill in for the administrative assistant and moved into a permenant position as a Marketing Assistant.
I started off with organizing the marketing department and moving things forward. I was given a project for pricing and this requires me to do data entry for 8 hours a day for the next 5-6 months.
I love the environment and my co-workers.
The marketing aspect of things are very fun and enjoyable but the data entry is not so much what I enjoy doing all day long.
They sold out to a canadian company
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2012
Head office was in Vancouver and the head of the department was Montreal based. They were very sexist and a lot of the opinions went unheard from the females but were taken very seriously from the males in the department. They knew a year before anyone else that they were selling out and sold us all out. We were all offered similar positions to the buying company if positions existed but my department suffered as accounts were handled with the new company externally