Altima Dental

Altima Dental Employee Reviews

I have been with the company for over a year and have experienced how great and welcoming the open door policy is with the senior management team. The company provides great opportunities to establish and grow leaders in the organisation, through their ongoing continuing education program. It is a pleasure to be part of a team that supports your creative ideas and professional growth.
Fear-based culture with complete lack of respect and an attitude that all patients employees and doctors are disposable and replaceable. Terrible patient experience, over treatment planning, and money driven culture. Run screaming from Altima dental
Cons
The 2 owners are amazing and personable. Middle management is a joke ( regional/district/area support manager) their role is guidance for clinic manager and their teams, some of the middle management are on power trips/ ego highs, think that they can speak to others disrespectfully, be little others & think that their way is the right way there is no discussion. If you do not like the middle managers ways then you will be shun or talked about behind your back to others. If someone does something in error, you can be told by middle management that you will never go anywhere in this company. You will be limited to the position you are in or middle management will find a way to have you dismissed from your employment. I have seen it first hand and witnessed this. You will have no work/life balance and be fearful that every day may be your last.
Pros
Vice President, HR and female that looks after patients accounts are super people.
Cons
Middle management a joke
Very unorganized, lack of communication especially between front desk and back end. Took me over 6-7 weeks to receive my first pay and it was missing several hours. Management kept telling me it was a "payroll error" and there was nothing they could do... Rushed, stressful, outdated environment. Old equipment and instruments. Highly recommend saving yourself the waste of time.
After working in a number of dental offices, Altima has by far been the best! The way in which they’ve handled the Covid-19 crisis has further solidified my commitment to the corporation
Don't waste your time. You will be there all the time 11/12 hour days but you will only get paid for a few hours. Old instruments and equipment. It takes too long to get approval from multiple levels to get things fixed or replaced.
22 April 2020
We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at our location. As with many companies, there is an approval process in place to purchase new equipment and supplies. We are working with each clinic manager across the country to address these issues in a timely manner. We abide by all provincial and federal rules to compensate staff for all time worked and should any discrepancies arise we ask that staff bring these issues to management for immediate resolution. We are so very sorry you did not have a positive experience but wish you all the best in your job search.
Poor management skills throughout the company. Understaffed offices with many mistakes in the offices. Favouritism is clear and bulling leaders is common.
9 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback! We are dealing with a nationwide shortage of clinical staff and have been implementing strategies to offset this shortage. Our goal is to provide our staff the path to success through internal hiring processes and promotions as well as projects - building leaders and key contributors is what we aspire to do! Best of luck to you.
Altima Dental is a great place to work! I have been there five years and management has always been very understanding of work/life balance situations. .The office is well equipped and the team members are engaged. Concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Patients/clients are respected and well cared for. Of course you get back what you put in so team players are a must!
Pros
Management is very understanding.
Cons
There are some long hours, but you have a say in that.
Equal opportunity. Appreciation of hard work. Healthy work environment. Positive attitude of the staff . Great team to work with . Management is very supportive .
I have been with Altima Dental for just over a year now, and could not be more proud to be a part of this team. A typical day at work, in the marketing department, can vary. From community management to graphic design to coordinating collateral or national promotions, we are always busy working on exciting new projects. Since being with this company, I have been given numerous opportunities to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. I appreciate my marketing manager, who delegates work effectively, trusts each member of the marketing team to take on new projects and allows for a collaborative, efficient work culture. Although Home Office is a professional work environment, everyone is super friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. The Altima Dental Family members and having been entrusted with challenging new tasks would be the most enjoyable parts of my job.
Great company to work for! There has so many positive changes these past few years. I am proud to be apart of the growth! Great culture, amazing work/life balance, opportunity to travel and grow in the next step of my career.
Horrible business for health care. It is not about dental care. Money is the bottom line and it doesn’t matter how it’s made. There are no standards. Doctors do not have morals. Very uncomfortable with how things are billed. Beware before applying there.
24 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Patient care is our number one priority so we are sorry that you feel that is not the case. We are always looking to improve the experience that both our patients and employees have so your feedback is very valuable to us. Please reach out to the HR department so we can hear more.
Worked at the spruce grove location, management left for vacation when there was no RDA telling us not to bother her and leaving us to find coverage/temp. Also was told one thing regarding shifts when hired but worked something completely opposite, when I raised an issue about it, conveniently after holidays when the office manager returned I was let go, saying the other felt it wasn’t working out but I know it was because of my issue regarding working all evenings and weekends. Plus for being a corporation, the dental office was old and outdated and dingy.
18 September 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at Altima Dental. We try our best to ensure the clinics are staffed appropriately to meet patient needs, but unfortunately this is not always the case especially with an industry wide shortage of staff. We are in the process of renovating our clinics across the country on a priority basis and while this clinic may not be as updated as others we have all the tools, systems and equipment to meet all our patients and staff needs. We are truly sorry you were not able to meet the needs of our shifts and wish you all the very best in your job search.
Altima is an excellent company to work at. If you are looking for a job which will offer you work/life balance you're going to be in the right place. Here we have a lovely environment and great people.
pros: - They invest time on training staff to work with systems and layers in place - Staff events and Galas are nicely done Cons: They paint a pretty picture to recruit staff. The facts however are far from it. - Impossible to hit the bonuses. It’s a dangling carrot;). - Huge staff turn over - Micromanagement at it’s worst -
26 September 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at Altima Dental. We sincerely feel we have a positive and empowering environment that recognizes staff fairly for a job well done. When you join Altima you're joining a team that likes to work hard and have fun while doing it. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
nice environment, great patients, good employees. sometimes very busy, other days very chill. great place to receive and provide service. but it's can use improvement
Altima is by far the best company I have worked for! The Home Office team are so friendly, efficient and caring... they are always there to help me whenever I have any issues. I am so grateful to be part of this wonderful team.
Pros
Great bonuses :)
Cons
Na
For some reason there has always been a scarcity based mentality when it comes to the salaries and benefits for the Finance Department. Other departments receive better treatment. Very difficult to receive a decent raise. Higher expectations always accompany raises. Recent changes in management have led to high turnover and low morale. High performing employees continue to leave for better opportunities. Low performing employees stay. Rampant favoritism within Operations clouds the better judgment of Senior Leadership as company continues to grow its problems are swept underneath the rug.
Pros
Good coworkers. Good location. Good for recent immigrants. Good for recent Accounting graduates.
Cons
Senior Leadership doesn't like to listen, Unreasonable expectations, Heavy workload, Low pay, Not for long term growth
10 June 2019
Thank you for your response and we appreciate your feedback. Our new Senior Leadership team has been steering us through our rapid growth and has been implementing systems and procedures to help support this growth. The talent we hire and retain are hardworking, agile and great team players and we are proud of our ability to keep staff engaged and motivated. We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience but thank you for your contributions and wish you all the very best in your career.
Enjoy working at Altima Dental because: - they have an open door policy - everyone is friendly and helpful - they support further education and career growth - it's fast paced - you get exposure across different provinces
Overall, I am very happy as a team member with Altima Dental. I have worked for Altima for almost 3 years and have been promoted 3 times. The company and leaders are extremely supportive and we have a wonderful team. There are many opportunities to learn and grow and I have an amazing leader who mentors me and continues to encourage a strong work life balance.
Pros
Structure
Cons
Corporate life isn't for everyone
Lots of training and development tools and resources. Various opportunities for growth. There is no other organization that provides you with the tools to succeed. If you apply yourself, you will be successful. Great benefits, great training programs. Fun network to be a part of. Great work life balance, amazing leadership.
  1. Employee reviews