Altima Dental Employee Reviews

Featured review
Altima Dental selected this as a representative review
Love my Altima Family!
Dental Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 April 2019
I come to work every day excited because I get to work with a talented group of caring professionals. Every person I have met at Altima genuinely cares about the patients and every team member. When I come to work it feels rewarding and I leave feeling like we have made a difference in peoples lives.

I love that Altima encourages personal and professional growth and they help you achieve your goals. It feels like I am working with a family. Everyone I have met is so supportive and kind. It is very refreshing to work with a group of professionals who are driven, motivated and strive for excellence on a daily basis.
Pros
values continuing education and professional growth, genuinely care, work life balance.
Cons
My face hurts from smiling all day while I work!
Great Company to work for!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON & Hamilton, ON8 April 2019
Lots of training and development tools and resources. Various opportunities for growth. There is no other organization that provides you with the tools to succeed. If you apply yourself, you will be successful. Great benefits, great training programs. Fun network to be a part of. Great work life balance, amazing leadership.
Cons
Altima is like a family, always there to support you.
Area Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia28 March 2019
I have been with Altima for 4 years and have seen tremendous growth in the company. With support and mentorship I have been able to advance my position from Office Manager to Area Support Manager and see further career development in the future. I always feel I have the backing and support of my manager, which is critical for me. I love the relationships I have developed at Home Office and I know if I need anything, they will be there to help.
Pros
Future career development
Cons
Infrastructure keeping up with growth
Great Place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON10 March 2019
I have worked with this company for 18 years and have a good working relationship with all the employees, especially my Dental Centre Manager. I have opted into the benefits package offered and I have really enjoyed working in this office. The hardest part of the job has come with the new infection control protocol as we have been given more work to do but have been given no extra help in the form of a floater. The company, I have been told, is working on fixing this. Also, some of the days are long as we have extended hours and some Saturdays when we are open, but otherwise, I have really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Great dentists
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 February 2019
Very stressful,not organized,and lack of proper instruments, lack of proper patient coordination,. The pressure was focused on hourly productivity financially not on the quality of the care.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not organized
Official response from Altima Dental
21 March 2019

Our goal is to ensure our staff have the tools and systems in place in order to do their job to the best of their ability to provide utmost patient care. We do our best to put the right staff and systems in place to adhere to these standards. We are sorry to hear you had a different experience but thank you for your valuable feedback.

A great working place where you can learn a lot.
DENTAL ASSISTANT LEVEL 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
This place is like a school if you want to learn. I have learnt so many things, and dentists working there are so helpful. Everyone working here at Altima, is profoundly professional.
Good career development opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 September 2018
Busy, rapidly growing company with ever-changing and challenging opportunities. Multi-faceted roles; however teams are supportive and helpful. Limited infrastructure and investments in technology and people resources to support growth.
Good team, not so good with HO
Senior Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
My office was amazing, had the greatest manager and wonderful team. Now the Head Office wasn't that great. Good luck getting a raise. So it depends on the office that you get to work in, because some are super bad, like Bayview.
Don't waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Highly unorganized. Left hand doesn't seem to know what right hand is doing.

Read the fine print! Negotiations were agreed upon, only to be sent a different offer with less $, minimum vacation and a great deal of fine print obscuring bonuses etc., so that they are highly unattainable.
High turnover / Great deal of responsibility for very little remuneration. Negotiations felt like I was at a bargain bin store. Offering lowest $ possible. You get what you pay for!
Cons
Long hours 24/7, micromanagement
Good Place
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 March 2018
I enjoyed doing my co-op here. Learned a lot of new skills. Met very nice people during my co-op there. It made me want to be a dental hygienist. I'm glad I had the experience to be there.
Fun workplace, great staff!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
-busy day (includes: patient appointment confirmation calls, filing, booking patient appointments, insurance claims, room cleaning)
-filing/dental assisting
-amazing management
-insurance claims
-connecting with patients/meeting new people
great culture and a happy place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Friendly welcome from staff, seems like management and employees are passionate about their work. They don't just preach "work-life balance" it seems to be ingrained in their culture. Happy I made the move!
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 January 2018
Altima employees are very supportive of each other

we are trained quite well

management is supportive and funny

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we work well together.
Great work Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON5 January 2018
Recently joined Altima and it has been an amazing experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. This is a great work environment and I'm looking forward to learning from these talented people.
Cons
Large office space which sometimes makes it very quiet
Great Environment
Home office Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Altima Dental is a solid place to work.

People are friendly.

Fast Paced environment

Great Work-Life Balance

We are growing quickly and are always seeking.
Very friendly staff .
Part time dental hygienist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
Many clientele are from the office building since the clinic is within an office building. Many employees are very happy knowing that they can take the time during their break to get a cleaning and check done.
Great
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Excellent place to work. Great team members who are supportive and understanding. Great atmosphere for learning and growth. Overall great place to work!
Fun place to work and meet life long friends
Dental Centre Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Altima is amazing place to work. They are always looking for ways to improve patient service. Being part of company for over 15 years, I can truly say that by working for Altima, your voice will be heard and your hard work will be recognized. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and better youself. There is option for benefit inrolment, not many dental offices will do that for you. Upper management is very good. They are only phone call away, very approachable and ready to help. When you plan your vacation, you don't have to go around anyone's schedule, because it is big company and it is easy to find coverage. I could go on and on, but you get the idea: if you are looking for great place to work, it is Altima.
Too much brainwashing and politics
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I worked for this company over 2 years ago and they do nothing but push you around. Offering low compensation for a lot of work. Expecting you to attend yearly brainwashing meetings to only tell you what a horrible job you have been doing. Management only makes a small amount so the rest of the hard workers don't stand a chance to advance because of their bitterness. Do not apply to this place.
Pros
Patients
Ok
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 August 2017
Altima seemed like a good company to work for. Great pay, close to home, full time, benefits after probation and vacation after probation. Read the cons for the negative.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canadian first place toronto21 July 2017
I have only just started at Altima, but I can already tell this is a great place to work. Everyone here really cares about patients (our customers) and ensuring we are doing our best to serve them well.

The people are fantastic. Great to work with and fun as well.

I would highly recommend Altima to anyone!!
Pros
Patient care and organization
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altima Dental. Our community is ready to answer.