ALTERNACARE Employee Reviews

Dynamic team at Alternacare
Coordinatrice (Current Employee) –  montreal11 March 2018
solve problems, answer calls from our employees and clients, dispatch employees, great team, great boss, good environment, great equipment, great schedule.
enjoyed working there
Agency Nurse/ Visiting nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2018
The dedication of the staff and Management support was incredible.... really enjoyed working with management. there for support. i would recommend working there
Great place for care
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 February 2018
If I need to get my family extra care this is where I would call first. They always think about their clients first and it was a close knit office. Always making sure their employees were ok and if they needed anything.
Pros
Making my own hours
Cons
not always able to get hours
agency staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2018
New work environments daily can be stressful
can be overwhelming as they are willing to let you work as much as you want as they are constantly sending out work requests
bonus program based on how much you work.
environnement tres agreable a trvailler et competent
Gestion du transport des patients (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2017
je recommanderais ce travail a un quelqu'un, les gens sont très sociables, environnement non stressant.
Pros
assurance maladie, dentaire
Cons
le transport
Awesome
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 November 2017
Company is great to work with. A lot of nursing shift available. They do call for a lot of last minutes but then again it is an agency. They are well organized. Always give you a review of the place they are sending you to by email so you get to go over your assignment. It is well detailed with the pay rate, and your job description. Pass codes included too and a map of how to get there with a picture.
Pros
pays 27$
Cons
only available in quebec and ottawa
Good first job
preposee aux beneficiaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2017
A good place to go to if you're just starting out. However, not very stable with the work schedule although they do try their best to be.All the staff is very nice and respectful.
fast paced work environment
Recruitment Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Alternacare. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly team and the positive culture. The most hard part was the fast past demand of the job.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
Very busy work environment
not to friendly
PAB (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
I found they treat you very bad they only work they give you is when they are stuck with no one wanting to go out of there way but if you do something they can easily just tell you your out without even talking it out and seeing that it can be even lies.
Pros
lies and they treat u bad
Cons
called u when only they wanted and never gave you extra hours so they lie about giving you over time
infirmière d urgence au Casino de Montréal
infirmiere d urgence (Former Employee) –  casino de Montréal27 January 2016
Alternacare est une agence de placement comme les autres agences donc avec les contraintes des demandes de dernières minutes.

Ayant travaillé pour d autres agences et ayant été représentante interne d une en particulier dans la région de Québec, je me permet de mentionner que j ai reçu un accueil de type familial avec respect , et même respect de mes dispo sans argumentation ( ce qui n est pas du tout le cas d une agence très populaire à Montréal on tu n es qu un numéro après l ' entrevue sans respect de tes dispo.)

J ai apprécié énormément le contact et les rencontres que je qualifierais de professionnels et qualifiés avec mme Donna Ward.

J ai adoré mon mandat au Casino ainsi que les rapports avec tous les membres de l équipe d Alternacare
Pros
accueuil respectueux
Cons
jen ai pas
très bonne expérience de travail
preposee aux beneficiaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2015
le peut de temps que j'ai passer dans cette agence ma beaucoup aider a accerir de l’expérience et de la dextérité ainsi j'ai je ressent plus de confiance en moi même çà était vraiment une agréable expérience de travail.
Pros
respect
Cons
salaire trop bas
productive, and good peaple to work with
Infirmière auxiliaire (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Qc24 October 2015
Alternacare is a placement agency, often send me to different health centers. A typical day I often had, because I had to adapt my self with the routine of each health facility.

I learned many things by working with each institution. But the most important thing is a patience and organization. If you do not have patience, you will not be able to bear the patients or even personal. Without the organization, you can not finish your tasks.

In the middle of health, we working in a team and my co- workers were attendants, nurses, doctors and coordinators.

In alternacare, all was well, just one day, one patient had me spitting his medication on my face.

The best time of my work was when I had to accompanied the patients do activities outside. This joy that shone in their faces made me a lot of good.
Pros
no free lunch
infirmière auxiliaire
infirmière auxiliaire (Former Employee) –  prison12 March 2015
Aucune sécurité d'emplois et si tu n'es pas dans les bonnes grace des gestionnaires de l'agence tu n'a pas de quart et tu perds ton emplois et en plus le tout fait en même pas 48 heures aucunes rencontres pour t'aider a t'améloirer. Je déconseille cet employeur !! Je suis dans le domaine de la santé depuis environ 12 ans et je me suis jamais sentie aussi sous estimée !! Je n'ai que des mauvais commentaires !!
Pros
aucun
Cons
tout
you don't know if your going to work day by day
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2014
I loved working in the hospital with the people and the stafe
Professional, humane approach to employee
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2014
Pleasant, efficient communication between management and employees
Compassionate worker
Home care Aide (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2014
I am intelligent , a hard worker, and have the ability to read a lot of material and communicate it in a clear way. It was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working at this Hospital. Best thing of the work It’s the freedom and variety of what I do. I have learned to be well organized. Be Strong-Minded. A quite a solitary job because you are generally working by yourself. KEEP me to busy, no break time.
Pros
fun job
Cons
short hours
L'Agence
Préposée aux bénéficiaires (Current Employee) –  Montréal3 July 2014
Le but de cette agence, est de compléter les membres d'équipes qui manquent et ce dans plusieurs endroits.
Les employeurs que nous comblons, parfois difficile, dans le sens que ne sommes pas toujours les bienvenus.
La journée typique est comme celle d'une préposée aux bénéficiaires.
Pros
La liberté de dire oui ou non pour une journée de travail
Cons
Le salaire
Feel like part of Family
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 November 2013
Almost everyone in the company knows me, and greets me well. If I have a problem with a client or work itself, they are there to help me, if they can. Gives good advices, more like a 2nd family than just coworkers. When there is hardship in this job, I feel like its a Challenge and will do whatever to solve it if not they will give me help and try to solve it that way. I love helping others in any way possible, to bring a smile to their faces makes me smile from inside. Remember to treat others the way you wanted to be treated when u get old.
Pros
Flexibility, Family Environments, Advisable.
Cons
Minimum Pay, less hours, no value of dedication given to work over the years, I am just another worker.